Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the second-most ridiculous legendary-in-a-ball combo today: Zygarde in a Poke Ball. Oddly enough, it took several tries to get Yvetal in my game (dunno why).

(NOTHING will top Sapphire Rayquaza in a Dive Ball. NOTHING.)

Catching Ruby's Groudon was such a pain in the butt I broke down and used my Master Ball instead of saving it for Latios. Curiously Rayquaza in Emerald wasn't so bad although Kyogre was just as bad as Groudon, except it was more leisurely to catch. I'm honestly glad the catch rates for the cover legendaries is ridiculously high. Platinum Giratina also comes to mind as being an iffy catch when you first meet it, due to the low catch rate and the low PP on its moves, leading to a lot of resets, and same with HG Ho-oh. If I explicitly have to knock it out, I'm glad BW2 spells it out for me, because otherwise my first instinct is to catch it right away. For story reasons, you must catch Reshiram/Zekrom/Yveltal/Xerneas and it's even cooler that XY guarantees your legendary will at least have three perfect IVs, so I'm completely okay with a mega high catch rate!

I was throwing random balls, and the Pokemon at the top of Sky Tower was caught in a ball meant for Pokemon under the ocean. :P:

So far, the biggest legendary PITA to catch was Mewtwo. I despise Recover.

My PITA was Heatran no doubt. After a while, I said "f this thang" and I just killed it.

I had a masterball.

But I didn't even care.

I hate you Heatran.

I hate you so much.

Edited by Vestige

I got the second-most ridiculous legendary-in-a-ball combo today: Zygarde in a Poke Ball. Oddly enough, it took several tries to get Yvetal in my game (dunno why).

(NOTHING will top Sapphire Rayquaza in a Dive Ball. NOTHING.)

For me, catching half of Platinum's legendaries in Repeat Balls was pretty funny.

About XY's story, I actually liked how Team Flare doesn't have such a big role, and actually does things pretty discretely (as in, examining a cave and some stones instead say, stealing a submarine, hijacking a museum, hijacking a whole city, etc.). After several games of "go on adventure, oh no evil team, defeat them or they kill everything" it was nice mostly adventuring.

Only thing I didn't like about the story was the sudden "hello world, I will kill you all in few moments, but still wait for that one trainer to try and stop me".

And next time GF wants to make the leader be someone the player knows, it shouldn't be so painfully obvious... Like in Luminose after the gym battle. That scene really killed Sycamore's fairly good scene after defeating Flare...

For me, catching half of Platinum's legendaries in Repeat Balls was pretty funny.

About XY's story, I actually liked how Team Flare doesn't have such a big role, and actually does things pretty discretely (as in, examining a cave and some stones instead say, stealing a submarine, hijacking a museum, hijacking a whole city, etc.). After several games of "go on adventure, oh no evil team, defeat them or they kill everything" it was nice mostly adventuring.

Only thing I didn't like about the story was the sudden "hello world, I will kill you all in few moments, but still wait for that one trainer to try and stop me".

And next time GF wants to make the leader be someone the player knows, it shouldn't be so painfully obvious... Like in Luminose after the gym battle. That scene really killed Sycamore's fairly good scene after defeating Flare...

I found it interresting it was so obvious.

Team Flare's Leader is convinced he's doing the right thing, and think you will approve his ideas.

He's a clearly evil guy who deluded itself into thinking he's a savior. And he waits before destroying everything, because until the end, he think you'll "come back to your sense", and accept his solution.(Or maybe he hoped someone could prove him wrong all along, because he is not happy with destroying everything.)

And he's the most influent person in Kalos, so nobody pays attention to his weird antics.

In a way, it made him more terrifying than Ghetsis.

I like the idea of traveling with friends, with each his own reason to participate. And this time, you're not the only one who stop the evil team, but the others participate too. That was a nice addition.

And Sycamore is awesome.

And Lysandre and Dianthia's talk being an attack against Idols' cult was pretty nice.

Route 13 is the worst route in the game. There are way too many wild Pokemon encounters, in which two of them have Arena Trap, and the "randomly rushing winds" or whatever mechanic sucks. To clarify for those who haven't experienced it, you move very slow if you try to go left in any way, and a little less slowly if you try to move down, except for down-right. It doesn't affect battles at all either, except for making it easier for the Pokemon to catch you in the overworld, which also makes it annoying, and you can't even get rid of it like fog from DPPt.

Edited by Konnor97

Route 13 is the worst route in the game. There are way too many wild Pokemon encounters, in which two of them have Arena Trap, and the "randomly rushing winds" or whatever mechanic sucks. To clarify for those who haven't experienced it, you move very slow if you try to go left in any way, and a little less slowly if you try to move down, except for down-right. It doesn't affect battles at all either, except for making it easier for the Pokemon to catch you in the overworld, which also makes it annoying, and you can't even get rid of it like fog from DPPt.

Just put a Flying pokémon (or one with Levitate) as your first, this way you can escape Arena Trap right away.

Phew, thankfully, my Lucario was able to move first when it battled Korrina's and I won. Even though for SOME reason, Korrina's did more damage with Power-Up Punch. :/

But whatever, I can move on now. lol I'd hate to box this guy after he took such a liking to Kerena, so I'll keep him in my team for awhile.

What was the situation with having multiple saves again? Is the new console system advanced enough to keep multiple saves of the same game file or something? I don't have a very good idea of what my 3DS is capable of doing yet.

Just put a Flying pokémon (or one with Levitate) as your first, this way you can escape Arena Trap right away.

still have to go into battle and hit run every time though

Oh dear......I never did that because I didn't have anything on me I was willing to give away.....I felt awful at the time and I was planning on visiting him again soon with a random one from the wild.....maybe I shouldn't do it so that he doesn't die...... D:

MUST GET MORE ITEMS

What was the situation with having multiple saves again? Is the new console system advanced enough to keep multiple saves of the same game file or something? I don't have a very good idea of what my 3DS is capable of doing yet.

In general, multiple saves is possible thanks to the 3DS's own back-up feature. However, Pokémon is actually coded in that it's impossible to do this. The moment you try to back-up by storing your save elsewhere, say, in your computer, the moment you create a new save, the old one will be considered "outdated" and will not load at all.

In general, multiple saves is possible thanks to the 3DS's own back-up feature. However, Pokémon is actually coded in that it's impossible to do this. The moment you try to back-up by storing your save elsewhere, say, in your computer, the moment you create a new save, the old one will be considered "outdated" and will not load at all.

Sounds really stupid. Isn't that counterproductive with that pokebank feature that's been discussed lately?

Also, can anyone tell me what you think about downloading the game from the eShop instead of getting a hard copy (which is nowhere in sight in my country)? Is it safe? Is anything likely to go wrong?

Sounds really stupid. Isn't that counterproductive with that pokebank feature that's been discussed lately?

Also, can anyone tell me what you think about downloading the game from the eShop instead of getting a hard copy (which is nowhere in sight in my country)? Is it safe? Is anything likely to go wrong?

How is counterproductive? In any case, it's clear they don't want Pokémon to have even a 2nd save file/slot per game.

Well, depending on your Internet Speed, the download could take hours since the game is about 1.3GB in size. In any case, I don't think there's any problem in getting the eShop version other than space issues in your SD Card, if it's not big enough for other stuff you wanted to get.

Nintendo's download and transfer policy is awful, I'd advise against going digital. I don't believe you can transfer your games to another 3ds if you bought yourself a new one, retail for life.

I swear, I will find this dusk stone if it's the last thing I do... Oh joy, another X attack. And another Durant my venusaur can't get away from for whatever reason, even though he's, you know, sixteen levels higher than it. Oh wait, eighteen levels higher.

Nintendo's download and transfer policy is awful, I'd advise against going digital. I don't believe you can transfer your games to another 3ds if you bought yourself a new one, retail for life.

I swear, I will find this dusk stone if it's the last thing I do... Oh joy, another X attack. And another Durant my venusaur can't get away from for whatever reason, even though he's, you know, sixteen levels higher than it. Oh wait, eighteen levels higher.

You can if you System Transfer the data to the new 3DS. But I agree, as it is it could be better.