Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a +Def/Nature that reduces an attack stat. Depends which offense you wanna go with. Hell, you could just use a Stallria with Roost, Substitute, Toxic and Defog or other stuff.

Someone with actual competitive experience can help more though.

The most popular Altaria circa gen 5 RU(iirc) was a Specs Altaria because lower tier lacks dragon resistor. That being said Altaria is basically a worse Dragonite aside from Natural Cure

Altaria's only unique set is basically Cottonguard shuffler or Cotton Dance, Both of which is less valuable with fairy types.

I've got a question, just to comfirm something. If I EV train a Pokémon and raise it to level 50, but then decide I want different EVs and use a reset bag, will the Pokémon's stats alter at level 50 once I've applied the new EVs, or will I need to breed a whole new one and start over?

I've got a question, just to comfirm something. If I EV train a Pokémon and raise it to level 50, but then decide I want different EVs and use a reset bag, will the Pokémon's stats alter at level 50 once I've applied the new EVs, or will I need to breed a whole new one and start over?

They'll alter, but you could re-do the EVs, if that's what you mean.

I'm not sure what you are asking. The reset bag resets the pokemons stats, yes. So they go down.

What I mean is; if I remove all of a Pokémon's current EVs using a reset bag, and then apply new EVs, will the Pokémon's stat change to reflect the new EVs, even if I don't level it any further from level 50?

Yes, the stats will change immediately instead of requiring you to level. I think that was made a thing either in Gen IV or V, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for answering.

The most popular Altaria circa gen 5 RU(iirc) was a Specs Altaria because lower tier lacks dragon resistor. That being said Altaria is basically a worse Dragonite aside from Natural Cure

Altaria's only unique set is basically Cottonguard shuffler or Cotton Dance, Both of which is less valuable with fairy types.

Specs tells me that I should look for a +Sp. Atk. nature. . .or Modest, which I have FSR. Thanks.

(I thought it was UU, but I'm probably way out of touch with the competitive scene)

sucker punch is pretty much mandatory on absol

megahorn is rather redundant coverage since absol could run either superpower (though i guess you can't superpower yet) or play rough to hit dark types SE. if you want to run 3 attacks, sucker punch, play rough, and fire blast make for decent coverage, and then the 4th slot can be swords dance, protect, sub, or pursuit. you could also run night slash over sucker punch but that sounds like kind of a waste.

another option is to run SD, baton pass, STAB, and coverage move.

Ah thanks. I just dropped a female Absol and my new Granbull of at the daycare center.

Alright I have another question I hope on of you is willing to answer. I just got my shiny Drifblim and I was wondering how I could best use its unburden ability. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any gems around and using berries sounds a little situational.

I was thinking of giving it shadow ball, acrobatics, Will-O-whisp and a move like calm mind as moveset.

Ah thanks. I just dropped a female Absol and my new Granbull of at the daycare center.

Alright I have another question I hope on of you is willing to answer. I just got my shiny Drifblim and I was wondering how I could best use its unburden ability. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any gems around and using berries sounds a little situational.

I was thinking of giving it shadow ball, acrobatics, Will-O-whisp and a move like calm mind as moveset.

One idea I've seen is Baton Pass + Weakness Policy. Just a thought.

Weakness policy raises some stats when hit with a super effective attack right? That sounds like a good idea. Is the speed boost from unburden passable with Baton pass as well?

Edited by Sasori

Weakness policy raises some stats when hit with a super effective attack right? That sounds like a good idea. Is the speed boost from unburden passable with Baton pass as well?

No, since it actually isn't a stat boost, it's just the ability doubling your speed automatically.

Okay, so I recently got Y but I'm having a little problem, my 3DS friends don't appear as my friends in the game. Is there anything that I have to do for that to happen?

Be online at the same time.

Results:

Poll: Pokemon Gen IV (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Starter

1. Turtwig - 12 votes [30.00%]
  2. Chimchar - 12 votes [30.00%]
  3. Piplup - 15 votes [37.50%]
  4. Neither - 1 votes [2.50%]

Fossil

1. Cranidos - 18 votes [45.00%]
  2. Shieldon - 12 votes [30.00%]
  3. Neither - 10 votes [25.00%]

Rotom Form

1. Frost Rotom - 1 votes [2.50%]
  2. Wash Rotom - 14 votes [35.00%]
  3. Mow Rotom - 7 votes [17.50%]
  4. Fan Rotom - 3 votes [7.50%]
  5. Oven Rotom - 8 votes [20.00%]
  6. Neither - 7 votes [17.50%]

Legendary (Trio)

1. Uxie - 5 votes [12.50%]
  2. Mesprit - 7 votes [17.50%]
  3. Azelf - 24 votes [60.00%]
  4. Neither - 4 votes [10.00%]

Legendary

1. Dialga - 9 votes [22.50%]
  2. Palkia - 9 votes [22.50%]
  3. Giratina - 18 votes [45.00%]
  4. Neither - 4 votes [10.00%]

Apparently, Gen IV will last two more weeks because huge improvements. Now adding evolution methods:

• Gliscor vs Weavile
  • Magnezone vs Probopass
  • Leafeon vs Glaceon
  • Lickilicky vs Tangrowth vs Ambipom vs Yanmega vs Mamoswine
  • Electivire vs Magmortar

Next week adding:

• Rhyperior vs Porygon-Z vs Dusknoir
  • Togekiss vs Roserade
  • Honchkrow vs Mismagius
  • Gallade vs Froslass
  • Heatran vs Regigigas vs Cresselia

Dunno if adding Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus to the last poll, any suggestions?

Also, I'm thinking on doing the pokemon contest similar to shadykid's ToC, plz don't make frauds or alts

It looks like MegaLati@s' stats have been leaked

MLatios: 80 / 110 / 80 / 180 / 110 / 140, and gets Adaptability instead of Levitate

MLatias: 80 / 80 / 110 / 110 / 180 / 140, gets Multiscale instead of Levitate and its secondary type is Fairy instead of Psychic

holy fuck

I can't help but also feel skeptical. Why should one's type change and the other's not?

Does anybody know if Pichu will inherit Volt Tackle from its parents without the Light Ball if they both know Volt Tackle? I didn't feel the need to make another thread just for this.