Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sceptile hits max sp def florges at level 50 for 29%-39% with a minimum Rng roll, after the petaya berry boost

But if you can pass a quiver dance or two along on the right turn, Sceptile could still get rolling

Edited by Spiky

Might be a stupid question, but, will a Sylveon that evolves from an Anticipation Eevee have Pixilate, or is that a no? 'Cuz I'm considering getting one for my team as a special attacker.

Might be a stupid question, but, will a Sylveon that evolves from an Anticipation Eevee have Pixilate, or is that a no? 'Cuz I'm considering getting one for my team as a special attacker.

Yes. That said, I think the only attack I think Syleon can really take advantage of is Hyper Voice, which is only accessible using B/W2 tutors. Also, maybe Hyper Beam, if you're desperate to abuse it.

Was gonna go for Hyper Beam probably, yes. Either that or Trump Card, if it's any good for such a thing.

Speaking of, will breeding an eevee with its Hidden Ability mean it WILL pass on that ability, or have a chance to?

If breeding with another Pokémon, then yes, if they Eevee is female. If breeding with a ditto, then either gender Eevee has the chance to pass on its ability. However, there's never a 100% chance.

Yes. That said, I think the only attack I think Syleon can really take advantage of is Hyper Voice, which is only accessible using B/W2 tutors. Also, maybe Hyper Beam, if you're desperate to abuse it.

On that note - I am hoping that those move tutors will get patched into X and Y at some point. We'll probably see it by Z but still ;(

That's borderline spam, if you ask me. Please keep your little fanclub fad confined to FFtF.

Is that a Mega Gyarados in your profile pic? Not sure if you already know but Gyarados is my favourite Pokemon and makes it into every team comp I make. You have good taste.

I've been starting with the grass starter Pokemon ever since Gen III (Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy, and recently Chespin), but I must admit that this gen's grass starter is quite underwhelming. I'm not a fan of Chesnaught to be honest. I really want something more offensive than him. He's got good defenses and decent offense, but I already have Lucario and Blaziken in my team for Fighting coverage, and so I've considered changing him out for someone else, but not sure who. I had Froakee from Shauna after beating the League, but I already have Blastoise and Gyarados. Too much water. Maybe I'll try to get a Dragon-type involved.

Right now my team consists of:

Blastoise - Water

Blaziken - Fire | Fighting

Chesnaught - Grass | Fighting

Gyarados - Water | Flying

Lucario - Steel | Fighting

Staraptor Flying | Normal

I just feel like my types aren't varied enough. Three of them are part Fighting, for one thing. Lots of psychic/flying and electricity weaknesses all 'round.

Results:

Poll: Other (Pokemon & Evolutionary Items Part 2) (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Sun Stone

• Bellossom - 10 votes [23.81%]
  • Sunflora - 0 votes [0.00%]
  • Whimsicott - 12 votes [28.57%]
  • Lilligant - 13 votes [30.95%]
  • Heliolisk - 6 votes [14.29%]
  • Neither - 1 votes [2.38%]
Up-Grade/Dubious Disc
  • Porygon2 - 10 votes [23.81%]
  • Porygon-Z - 27 votes [64.29%]
  • Neither - 5 votes [11.90%]
King's Rock
  • Politoed - 24 votes [57.14%]
  • Slowking - 16 votes [38.10%]
  • Neither - 2 votes [4.76%]
Scales
  • Kingdra - 23 votes [54.76%]
  • Milotic - 19 votes [45.24%]
  • Neither - 0 votes [0.00%]
Deepsea Items
  • Huntail - 11 votes [26.19%]
  • Gorebyss - 24 votes [57.14%]
  • Neither - 7 votes [16.67%]

After this, tiebreakers.

I have a super long list of Pokemon I want to breed, but I don't know where to start... The list is just so long, and I'm starting to (finally get bored of playing the game, after clocking in at 530 hours...*sigh*

Don't worry, just organize yourself. I also have a looooong list of pokes to breed and EV train. By my part, I''ve started with the Central Kalos pokemon, so far I've trained Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, Talonflame, Azumarill, Mega!Gyarados, among others. I'm testing them at the Battle Maison and the Rating Battles. The next ones on the list include: Pyroar, Mega!Lucario (1 or 2), Mega!Gardevoir, Gallade, Florges, Roserade, Kanto starters, etc. Just the pokemon I like. After it, I'll do Coastal and Mountain Kalos, then I'll go by Gen.

Question is: Will this ever end? >_>

Don't get bored, there's much to do :b

While the first thing on my pokemon dream list to do is get all 718 pokemon, the next thing I want to do is get them all to 4-5 IVs for future games to transfer to. I never bothered with IVs before, but now that its relatively easier to get in this gen, might as well try now before the breeding mechanics possibly change next gen for the worse....but yeah, when you think of it that way, there are still more things to do for the post game. Along with preparing for SF tournaments, if we ever do manage to get them off the ground. :P

If it makes it easier, I don't think you need catches. You can get the charm after having seen them all.

Unfortunately, that still involves evolving a lot of Pokemon D:

Also means I have to dive into the GTS to get some choice Pokemon as well.

While the first thing on my pokemon dream list to do is get all 718 pokemon, the next thing I want to do is get them all to 4-5 IVs for future games to transfer to. I never bothered with IVs before, but now that its relatively easier to get in this gen, might as well try now before the breeding mechanics possibly change next gen for the worse....but yeah, when you think of it that way, there are still more things to do for the post game. Along with preparing for SF tournaments, if we ever do manage to get them off the ground. :P

Get a Shinydex imo (minus all the shinylocked, of course)

Pretty sure it's the Shiny Charm. I just got the Oval Charm today for the three regional Dexes, which apparently doesn't require Mewtwo or the birds, but needs at least the cover legendaries and likely Zygarde.

Edited by Woodshooter

Pretty sure it's the Shiny Charm. I just got the Oval Charm today for the three regional Dexes, which apparently doesn't require Mewtwo or the birds, but needs at least the cover legendaries and likely Zygarde.

Yep. Definitely the Shiny Charm...I so want that...

Edit: So I'm having a crazy idea of trying to make "Mega Evolutions" for Arceus...just for fun, of course. I know what someone's going to say about this (besides "it's op"), so go ahead and say it ;P

Edited by Interest