Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Oh gosh I hope. Even with the amount of new pokemon that we've got, I'm still feeling that there's something left to be desired compared to previous gens. I still haven't found too many that scream to me "I NEED TO BE ON YOUR TEAM". I feel like we've hardly had any of some types, like fighting.

Is this actually going to be the generation to offer up the least amount of new pokemon?

Lets hope not...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon/Fairy Goodra would make sense due to the cute kawaii-ness it radiates.

Some reviewer also leaked a Ground/Ghost type and a Ground/Fairy. Also leaked the existance of Mega Gardevoir.

If possible, I'd appreciate it if the people linking photos from 4chan could upload them to another image hosting website first, like photobucket or imgur. Most of the time the 4chan links don't work.

4chan tends to purge their pictures after a few hours.

Also Dragon/Fairy Goodra sounds amazing on paper.

Immune to Dragon, and resists: Fire, Grass, Electric, Water, Fighting, Dark and Bug.

Would be an amazing defensive combination.

If possible, I'd appreciate it if the people linking photos from 4chan could upload them to another image hosting website first, like photobucket or imgur. Most of the time the 4chan links don't work.

This. I can't see half the images that have been posted because of this.

4chan tends to purge their pictures after a few hours.

Immune to Dragon, and resists: Fire, Grass, Electric, Water, Fighting, Dark and Bug.

Must avoid dat bullest punch

^ Wait, what?

Well, yeah, but it can still be wrecked by Ice, Steel, and Poison types, and there are a BUNCH of those in OU tier, should it get there competitively.

Edited by Karaszure

^ Wait, what?

Well, yeah, but it can still be wrecked by Ice, Steel, and Poison types, and there are a BUNCH of those in OU tier, should it get there competitively.

Unlike most Dragons, Goodra does not have 2x weakness

Combine this with the fact that most of stuff that is troublesome to Goodra is a standard Dragon weakness(Skarmory who never carries steel move, Scizor punch, Mam shard, Heatran who never rarely flash cannon) and you get one badass type combo

Sawk is exclusive to X. Throh is exclusive to Y.

Axew is "probably" exclusive to X and Bagon is "probably" exclusive to Y.

Jaw or Sail fossils are found after beating the first gym. You pick one. Your rival takes the other and gives you an Aerodactylnite.

You get a Lapras as a gift after the third gym. I think it comes at Lv.30.

Speaking of third gym, here's Korrina's team. Mienfoo, Level 28 Machoke, Level 28 Hawlucha, Level 32

TMs are barely needed. Cut, Strength and Surf return as HMs while Rock Smash stays as a TM.

Daycare is found after the first gym town and two Pokes can be deposited right away.