••!•• Would you prefer: Day 13+14

Elieson

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, looks like you guys did the same kind of run :P

Hey look its someone who has no clue what they are talking about.

I seem to recall just about every mounted FE archer being good, and I seem to recall a good number of snipers being good, the archers can be worked up in most as well.

Hey look its someone who has no clue what they are talking about.

I seem to recall just about every mounted FE archer being good, and I seem to recall a good number of snipers being good, the archers can be worked up in most as well.

Every mounted FE unit is good. Statwise, bow users can be good, I know that, but they'll always be bow users.

And for the record, I like archers, they just aren't the best units to use.

Easy experience for unpromoted scrubs at least.

Sadly the map is unwinnable

"I know that, but they'll always be bow users."

Half the reason why Bows are amazing in FE12 is because of their lack of 1 Range

Okay, what do they mean by a formula for it then?

Fe7: Attack Speed = Speed - (Weapon Weight - Constitution, take as 0 if negative)

Fe9: Attack Speed = Speed - (Weapon Weight - Strength, take as 0 if negative)

Fe13: Weight doesn't affect AS.

Basically, do you prefer that a weapons weight be offset by con(FE7), strength(FE9), or for it not to have any effect(Fe13)

Anyway, I prefer FE9's AS formula.

Edited by shinpichu

I feel both GBA and GC/W versions of weight-based AS loss are not the best implemented, even though the idea is not inherently bad. Were they implemented better, I may be inclined to choose them, but as it stands with what we have, no weight deduction is best. This may change if they bring it back but with a better implementation.

I like FE3's system, where AS = speed - weight, but avoid isn't affected by this. This way the system isn't just LOL USE THE BEST WEAPON TO WIN which is how I felt about FE12 (not saying this breaks FE12, but rather reduces the amount of strategy needed, keep in mind I haven't played H3/H4). There needs to be some tradeoff.

i liked FE13's AS system the best since the lack of weight doesn't hold frail or weak characters back. I also liked the AS>4 for doubling.

Edited by Peppy