Anyone else sick of hearing the same VAs in anime/video games?

FrostyFireMage

Eh, I dunno. Maybe if they had a voice in every single JRPG and was overdone, but I typically find them to be better spread out than that. And I like picking up a game and recognizing a voice every once in while.~

The Xenoblade VAs are amazing.

I love Xenoblade.

Agreed and agreed again. It's always funny on the GFAQs Xenoblade board, most people love the VAs but then you get the occasional person who comes along like "Why do all the VAs sound so stupid? Is there a way to get them to speak English?"

Not particularly, though I do get tired of the fact that every one of Yuri Lowenthal's characters sounds the exact same.

Ugh, I get so tired of hearing him. Luke=Yosuke=Ricken, why???

You've obviously never heard his voice work as Gig in Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. Best example of....interesting voice differentiation for him, to be sure.

Only if a VA sounds exactly the same voicing two completely different character types

If a VA is talented enough and can vary up their voice I'm totally cool

Like Roger Craig Smith the dude changes voice depending on the age of Ezio I thought that was really cool

Only if a VA sounds exactly the same voicing two completely different character types

If a VA is talented enough and can vary up their voice I'm totally cool

Like Roger Craig Smith the dude changes voice depending on the age of Ezio I thought that was really cool

I agree with this. It's awkward when you're watching a show and two characters have the exact same voice with no differences. An example would be the Dub for Soul with Soul and Mifune.

I agree with this. It's awkward when you're watching a show and two characters have the exact same voice with no differences. An example would be the Dub for Soul with Soul and Mifune.

Umm, which Soul Eater dub? Because Soul and Mifune definitely have different VAs in the english one...

Dude also has a good voice for Sonic the Hedgehog [he is his current VA].

Edited by Folgore Red II

English dub and are you sure? They sound similar to me.

Soul is voiced by Micah Solusod and Mifune is voiced by Robert McCollum. They sound pretty distinct to me; I had already heard McCollum voice the lead guy in Kaze no Stigma among others, and Soul Eater was basically Solusod's breakout role since he was new talent then. In fact, when I first heard him in the trailer, I swore it was Johnny Young Bosch instead, though after listening to him for a while I've learned to pick out the differences between the two. But they did sound eerily similar...

Dude also has a good voice for Sonic the Hedgehog [he is his current VA].

Guy's just really talented. He also voices Captain America in Avengers Assembled and I would not know that he and Ezio share the same VA if I didn't wiki.

Granted, Ezio does have that sexy accent but hey, he's the one who pulled it off.

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Wow, I had always thought that Yuri Lowenthal was an anime character for a reason that's kinda hard to explain.

You could be thinking of Yuri Lowell

Nobody's heard of Joey Capps :( normally does background VAs but he's a solid lead (Shadow Hearts 2!)

It depends on the voice actor for me. For example, I do not want to hear Tristan's first voice actor in Yu-Gi-Oh ever again. It just made him sound freaking retarded. xP I'm glad he got a new, much more awesome voice like ten episodes into the series. That same actor did Yusei in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's later too. I love Yusei mostly for his voice. :D

But Dan Green, who did Yami/Atem and later Trudge in 5D's as well as a minor Pokemon anime character that was from Team Rocket? I could never get tired of him. He ROCKS. :D

And Vic Mignogna too! I loved how he did Keldeo in the recent Pokemon movie. PERFECT. <3

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also forgot Kaiba's voice in Yu-Gi-Oh. This guy also did Brock for awhile in Pokemon. Epic voice there too, made me really like Kaiba especially. ^^

Edited by Anacybele