FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

You know, there really are few things that are better than watching a master at work on whatever his given project is. And, it really is incredible just how much work you put into them. Believe me, it shows! Watching them is almost always a learning experience in how to better play the games!

Just wanted to say that. Well, that and I hope that you someday do audio commentaries again, because those were always fun. In any case, have a nice day!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

progress has been slow but steady. i just finished re-recording chapter 12x and am 8:21 ahead of my previous save time for chapter 13. i also managed to get zealot to C axes in time (barely) so he can use the killer axe against that one paladin in chapter 13 instead of a steel axe.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been stuck on chapter 16 a little bit because tate's lower HM bonus in def causes a fighter to attack her instead of echidna (even though tate is still more durable), which messes up a rescue chain. it's probably not too difficult to resolve, but it might have repercussions later on with RN shifting that i don't want.

i've also been rather occupied with other stuff lately because i wanted a break from fire emblem. though you'll be pleased to know that i'm more than 10 minutes faster than my previous time as of chapter 16.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i had a week of break and played literally zero fire emblem so

i'll get started again soon, but chapters 16 and 17 are the most RNG-sensitive portions of the run and any deviation will affect chapters 22 and 23, which are also extremely RNG-sensitive.

• 2 weeks later...

another update incoming

i went on a fire emblem binge this weekend (other people celebrate easter, but the pope plays fire emblem...) and finished chapters 16 through 20xI. i checked how much money i would have for the chapter 21 secret shop and managed to scrounge up 164k if i could sell yodel's recover staff (previous run got 156k). this lets me make all of my planned stat booster benchmarks with enough room to spare for one more, which will probably be a third boots for zeiss.

mekkah, colonel_M, and i plan to get together later this week over skype and start recording commentary. i have no idea how well that will turn out.

hmmm... i'm still having trouble figuring out a 7-turn for chapter 24 with one warp. i'm beginning to suspect that it's still not possible.

here's a battery save if you'd like to try it out: https://db.tt/oRUXQ0Hn

EDIT: information since i didn't work through the chapter 24 prep menu in the save

1. there are 3 boots remaining

2. percival needs the dragonshield to avoid being 2HKO'd by most manakete combinations in this chapter

3. niime needs the angelic robe to avoid being OHKO'd (so do cecilia and yodel)

4. i didn't buy any elixirs in chapter 23 - if you need them, you should hack them in.

Edited by dondon151

If it's any help, this is the best turn count I've ever achieved in C24 (skip to 5:24):

Do you have a video of your 8 turn strat? Only found an old 12 turn on your channel, so it must be unlisted. Would save a lot of time seeing what approach you use vs trying to come up with something from scratch. And do you care about plausible RNG or could I rig as many crits as I need to get the theoretical low turn count?

xator nova posted an 8-turn thread earlier in the thread (with one rescue use and slightly different deployment than the one that i was planning on using). i didn't want to expend the effort planning out a full 8 turns, but i'll whip up an encode of the first 3 turns that i have planned out and you can see if that's enough to work with.

EDIT: i'm too tired to make a recording right now. right now i manage to:

- seize throne 1 on turn 1

- seize thrones 2 and 3 on turn 3

- seize throne 4 on turn 4

- seize throne 5 on turn 6

and the plan that i had in mind was to seize throne 6 on turn 7, dance roy, warp roy to the end of the map and also seize throne 7 on turn 7.

the problem is how to get percival to kill jahn on turn 7.

EDIT v2: i'm almost certainly not going to rig any dodges or single digit crits against the manaketes. it's fine if shin has to hit twice at 46 hit, or if zeiss has to crit at 26 crit, but i'm not really willing to rig anything else. and no double occupancy glitch, either.

Edited by dondon151

*victory lap*

http://youtu.be/Vb8yBzijc8c

i take advantage of what seems like a massive AI oversight several times (to be more precise, on roughly 3 different occasions) throughout this chapter. see if you can figure out what it is.

EDIT: also i love jahn's battle theme which is why i turned animations on just this once

Edited by dondon151

AI Bug: the manakete on the throne for (so far what i see as on) EP2 not moving?

wait, they didn't kill Shin EP4

*more edits*

It's like the AI won't attack a unit if they're adjacent to the throne, if they have another option, or something

Edited by Elieson

lol do the manaketes just attack the lowest defence unit regardless of hp

unless they can't counter, they attacked shin instead of Niime once

also yeah Jahn's battle theme is the best

EDIT: Think Espinosa's right

Edited by General Horace