FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

I honestly believe miledy would be more than capable of walloping HM even without HM bonuses, but probably not in 0% growths!

if you recall, he also died in chapter 3. you can try to get rid of him, but he'll keep coming back!

EDIT: oh wow, i've already hit the 17-turns-saved benchmark. except i'll lose at least 2 turns in chapter 16.

Derp.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-turned chapter 14x as expected (one of the easiest maps in the game), so that won't be uploaded for now.

shin and klein each got a kill for 3 bow WEXP, clarine and cecilia healed once, and shanna and tate got some EXP, so it was pretty productive for a 2-turn clear. i got a berserker devil axe recoil crit, too!

Was the chapter 14x a one-warp or a two-warp? I 3-turned with no warp iirc. I take it you're still trying to go for S bows on Shin? His bases may not carry him for so long but then again there are all those fliers.

Also seems like Neimi won't be using Nosferatu since you skipped the shopping, though you have Ray's tome I think, so you could pop it out on occasion.

Was the chapter 14x a one-warp or a two-warp? I 3-turned with no warp iirc. I take it you're still trying to go for S bows on Shin? His bases may not carry him for so long but then again there are all those fliers.

Surely Shin will do fine with the S rank bow whose name I can't spell? I mean, +5AS seems like it'd be pretty helpful later on, although admittedly I don't know how tough the late game HM enemies are (in terms of speed).

Also seems like Neimi won't be using Nosferatu since you skipped the shopping, though you have Ray's tome I think, so you could pop it out on occasion.

single warp; i can't do a no-warp because roy would die like a little bitch.

ray's nosferatu is enough for niime. she needs to get most of her dark WEXP from chapter 19, and in the first part of her map, one can just plop her on a fort with flux and watch her kill the pegasus knights with very low chances of death.

i need a murgleis user for chapter 24. klein will do in a pinch, but i prefer shin because shin is mounted.

EDIT: and shin's at B-and-a-half right now, so there is definitely some small possibility that he'll get to S. but i'm not banking on it, which is why klein's also getting investment.

Edited by dondon151

<----------------------

Moar.

Btw, how many times have you talked to Cath by now? I only remember Chapter 8.

EDIT: Wait, wouldnt talking to her in Ch6 or Ch12 save turns? compared to talking to her in other maps?

Edited by PKL

<----------------------

Moar.

Btw, how many times have you talked to Cath by now? I only remember Chapter 8.

EDIT: Wait, wouldnt talking to her in Ch6 or Ch12 save turns? compared to talking to her in other maps?

Postponing her recruitment until Ch16 saves a turn (skipping her in 12 saves three, he only loses two in 16). It also gives him more turns to work with in an objective-heavy chapter with spread-out goals.

i've had to spend some time catching up on work, and chapter 15 is giving me some trouble (specifically, recruiting garret), though i think i have a decent plan for how to approach it.

i talked to cass in chapters 6 and 8; it doesn't matter turns-wise whether you talk to her in chapter 6 or 12 (you lose 3 turns either way), but talking to her in chapter 6 gives me more time to work up marcus's axe rank, which i had neglected a little bit, and also to train rutger. she would also cost 3 turns in chapter 16 (i'm pretty sure that i can do it in 8), but if i take 11 turns instead i can probably recruit zeiss without using the warp staff. so saving a warp staff use will save me at least a turn later on.

it might also let me grab way more treasure in chapter 16, and more treasure = more boots = happy dondon. i think i also need the bolting this time.

Edited by dondon151

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLUBZlG9ks

yeah i wasted a whole bunch of time on this chapter trying to figure out a stealthy strategy that involved dropping lilina behind enemy lines. obviously this way worked much better. raeth has 44 hit on roy and doesn't OHKO him; the javelin cavalier has 29 hit and the longbow archer 37 hit. the archer would only go after roy if either raeth or the cavalier hit.

i actually got a very solid garret (notably, 12 spd), but he's not very useful, and the extra spd doesn't really matter. he might come in handy if i need someone to hit some mercs really hard.

i think i can say with about 95% confidence that i can 11-turn chapter 16 and get all 10 of the chests, plus steal both of narcian's items and the red gem from one of the manaketes. this was actually a pretty easy map given this much time to do it.

EDIT: actually, no, i'm going to be ambitious about it. i think i can steal the red gem from the aircalibur mage, too.

Edited by dondon151

spent so much time practicing this chapter so i could get the prep menu right and not mess up on the rest. (hint: it's very long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3EU1HBLBZ8

the video info section is worth a read.

EDIT: the secret shop isn't so useful here; i don't need any more promo items (one elysian whip in reserve for zeiss) and i doubt i'll need any angelic robes between now and chapter 22.

EDIT 2: actually, may as well post the video info here so that i can issue a challenge:

Such a long chapter, with such a long prep segment. Excuse the poor execution here.

Cass's recruitment pushes this chapter back to 11 turns. Recruiting her later is pretty much unfeasible because I'll be clearing those maps with the help of Warp. The alternative would be taking 3 extra turns in chapter 12 and then trying to skip this map with the help of Warp, but there are several factors that prevent that from being optimal:

1. Someone needs to get the Rescue staff.
2. Miledy needs to recruit Zeiss
3. Someone needs to help Miledy break down the wall (a Brave Bow or Brave Axe user)
4. A thief needs to steal Narcian's Delphi Shield
5. Someone needs to kill Narcian.
6. Roy needs to recruit Hugh and then seize.
(7. I probably need the Bolting for chapter 16x, but I'm not 100% sure.)

So all in all, we're talking at least 3 Warp uses here. The difficulty is compounded by the fact that Saul can't warp anyone past that cluster of mercenaries and paladin on turn 1. If we want to assume that each use of Warp should save at least 1 turn, we're aiming for at maximum a 5-turn clear here in order to justify pushing Cass's recruitment forward to chapter 12, and 5 turns is really impossible on 0% growths since Saul can't warp far enough and Roy dies far too easily to magic users (though you're welcome to try to prove me wrong).

Extending this chapter to 11 turns lets us get all of the treasure on this map. Excluding the Rescue staff, Berserk staff, and Hugh's starting items, the treasures total up to a shop value of 35325G, or almost 9 Boots.

here's a chapter 16 battery save: https://db.tt/oRUXQ0Hn

Edited by dondon151

Fae tanking siege tome/status staves like a boss, I love her so much for that (esp since she's slow enough to get doubled and burn more of it per turn!)

Lol even when you decline Hugh down to his lowest base stats he gets to contribute.

I like the part where you use the non moving manakete to raise Shin's bow rank. I also shamefully somehow have never clicked on using a 2 range unit to bait the mage and paladin besides the central entrance. 18 minutes of planned out stuff seems really annoying, do you have like, a notepad of stuff to do in order so you don't mess up or do you go off memory?

Edited by Irysa

i have an excel spreadsheet for every chapter from which i can read every action in the exact order in which they should be done, including prep menu work and L switching. chapter 16 was 200 rows minus a few empty rows separating turns.

shin is 49 WEXP away from S bows and hopefully i can get that within the next 8 chapters. it's not going to be very easy, though. he's going to get 6 WEXP probably in chapter 16x (2 kills), and then in chapter 17I i can probably get him a kill plus 2 rounds in the arena, which would probably come out to around 13 WEXP? if i could get him 3 rounds, i'd be pretty happy. that would put him at least halfway there with 6 chapters to go.

Edited by dondon151

well, crud. i think i need to re-do chapter 16 and rig a 20 str zeiss because he needs the extra point of str to OHKO a mage in chapter 16x. and i need to deploy zeiss in chapter 16x because he baits a berserk from windam on turn 2, who would otherwise go for percival at 71 hit.

man. redoing chapter 16. gotta be the worst.

Edited by dondon151

here's chapter 16x:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLbjQxfEW8

if you think you can 3-turn with only 2 warps, you're a winner! otherwise i'm just going with 3 warps. i think i will have some surplus uses anyway.

EDIT: fun fact that you may not know: cecilia ends turn 1 in range of the silence sage (the silence sage and bolting sage overlap), but enemy silence users in this game don't target units unless they can both use staves and have a staff in their inventory.

Edited by dondon151

chapter 17I, also known as "arena time with shin and cecilia feat. klein"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzseRhjOso

the strategy is pretty cool but it's overshadowed by the long arena battles... i was purposely looking for enemies that would maximize WEXP gain, so that explains it. sorry about that.

EDIT: note to self: shin is at A +34 and cecilia is at A +26

Edited by dondon151

Loving this run. I doubt I could do 0% growths myself on fe6 regardless of the amount of times I have played it ^^;.

Also were the arena trips just to get more wep exp or was it also to get new RNs? I forget if the arena resets them in fe6 but I assume yes

Loving this run. I doubt I could do 0% growths myself on fe6 regardless of the amount of times I have played it ^^;.

Echoing your statement here about the run.

Also I like how Cecilia is facing like the worst bishops ever, their RES and MAG must be pretty lame!

Also were the arena trips just to get more wep exp or was it also to get new RNs? I forget if the arena resets them in fe6 but I assume yes

thanks! i couldn't care less about shifting RNs using arena fights because path retracing is much faster and easier. shin and cecilia are my best candidates for murgleis and forblaze, respectively (though cecilia using forblaze probably won't happen, and if it does, it probably won't make a difference), and neither of them gain WEXP very quickly through conventional combat, because shin's EP is usually limited and cecilia's durability is terrible. more arena trips also yields more money. you can see that i have quite a bit now - if i keep getting the treasures that are planned, i'm going to generously estimate a purse of 120000G for boots in chapter 21.

but yes, the arena uses RNs in FE6. it doesn't "reset" them, though.

Also I like how Cecilia is facing like the worst bishops ever, their RES and MAG must be pretty lame!

cecilia actually has a decent 13 res. but yeah, they must have 11-12 res whereas the bishop on the map has 19.

but hey, arena enemies are weird. i told you about that one swordmaster that cecilia faced when i was experimenting who couldn't double her.

Edited by dondon151