omgmileycyruswhat'shappeningtoyou

Fruity Insanity

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rap is a lyrical style and hip-hop is a genre

i mean there's like, aesop rock and shit and he is more of a poet than a rapper i think and then there's like, wacka flocka flame who is pure hype, but they're both hip hop

i listen to both btw :333

That song you posted weeks ago of Aesop Rock made me look into more and he has some pretty damn good songs.

Stoly doesn't even like Aesop Rock he thinks he's pretentious sorry I'll excuse myself

(/linked Stoly to None Shall Pass and got indirectly made fun of except not really but etc. /sniff)

Some song called "Sanctuary" by a dude referred to as "Nomak" popped up in my music player.

I forgot I had it or where it was from and I followed the trail from it to Nujabes and now I remember why Samurai Champloo was so awesome.

Stoly doesn't even like Aesop Rock he thinks he's pretentious sorry I'll excuse myself

(/linked Stoly to None Shall Pass and got indirectly made fun of except not really but etc. /sniff)

but None Shall Pass is what he posted

what a jerk

let's make fun of him behind his back

but literally

so in front of him

kanye west's yeezus is top tier.

lol no wai

i hope stoly (if i may use the nickname) likes mos def, nas, kendrick lamar, old eminem, lupe fiasco, schoolboy q, tribe called quest, to name a good half-baker's-dozen-sorta of quality artists worth checking out (in addition to aesop)

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I listen to all of those too lol, save schoolboy q whom I can't get into

yeezus was ok imo, just lyrically pretty weak and as a whole it wasn't cohesive. I was pretty disappointed though

Also known as babbys first experimental hip hop album lel

Also tbh I like aes, even if I sometimes think he can get pretentious as hell I just tried to start looking past that and accepting it for what it is I guess? I mean its pretty true that some of his lyrics go wayyyy deep if u look @ dem

Edit: lupe fiascos shit is only worth listening to up to The Cool imo

Edited by Stahlypin

I don't care what anyone else says, I liked his song about skateboarding.

kick push was on his first album (before the cool)

that song is well-written. i just don't care about the skateboarder's struggle, so i think of the song as a giant metaphor for people living difficult lives

Edited by Phoenix Wright

kick push was on his first album (before the cool)

that song is well-written. i just don't care about the skateboarder's struggle, so i think of the song as a giant metaphor for people living difficult lives

Ah thanks for the info, I just interjected because of ignorance.

i'm pretty sure she signed a contract with disney to act like a saint for 5 years but was secretly a massive party girl

i liked miley cyrus when she had "can't be tamed" and people were yelling at her for not being innocent anymore. she was kinda cool.

but this...

miles edgeworth is where it's at

ace attorney games are overrated and hyped for no reason other than yelling animu men and i'm sick of them impeding on my mega man and viewtiful joe in capcom

FORUM WARS BEGIN

but chances are that wasn't "hip-hop" you were listening to, it was rap. rap has noisy beats and is usually pretty vulgar in lyrical content (think "Get Low" by Lil' Jon), whilst "hip-hop" is much more intellectually based and super awesome (think "Mathematics" by Mos Def). i like both, but usually when i meet people, they don't understand this distinction. which is totally okay because no one really cares haha.

i liek lauryn hill

ace attorney games are overrated and hyped for no reason other than yelling animu men and i'm sick of them impeding on my mega man and viewtiful joe in capcom

FORUM WARS BEGIN

careful son. thems fightin words

i liek lauryn hill

i'm not familiar with her music. except for killing me softly, which is indeed quite the beautiful song.

careful son. thems fightin words

i'm not familiar with her music. except for killing me softly, which is indeed quite the beautiful song.

the fight wouldn't last very long because i know nothing about those games lol

she didn't write killing me softly, but she did put it in her style so it's still a good idea of what her songs sound like