Serenes Forest Demographics Thread (September, 2013) [PUBLIC POLL]

Fruity Insanity

Serenes Forest Demographics Poll  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Ethnicity

• Caucasian
    • African-American (or African-*insert nationality*)
    • Hispanic
    • East Asian (China, Korea, Japan)
    • Southeast Asian (Indochinese peninsula, Indonesia)
    • South Asian (India & its vicinity)
    • Middle Eastern
    • Native American
    • Other
  2. 2. Age

3. 3. Religious Affiliation

• None
    • Christianity (Protestant)
    • Christianity (Catholic)
    • Christianity (Orthodox)
    • Islam (Sunni)
    • Islam (Shi'a)
    • Hinduism
    • Buddhism
    • Shintoism
    • Judaism
    • Other
    • Uncertain
  4. 4. Current Continent of Residence

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia, New Zealand, or Oceania
    • ...Antarctica?
    • Other (lol, no)
  5. 5. Political Affliation

• Right-wing (Conservatives)
    • Left-wing (Liberals)
    • Moderate
    • Unaffiliated
    • Other

Just wanted to find out more about the community I spend so much time in.

I'm sure others do, too.

I can only put five questions in the poll, so if you want more questions, ask me~ I'll put them here in this post.

Specify if the poll isn't accurate enough.

NOTE: This poll is "public" in that others can see your votes. If you do not want to give out your information for whatever reasons, please refrain from voting.

Edited by Fruit Ninja

I'll be That Other Guy.

Your choices are all well and good, but I'd *like* to have a not-particularly-religious-but-not-atheist option. And yes agnosticism is way less of a religion that atheism.

I mean I can vote within the provided choices, but I personally would like to differentiate myself from a strong believer.

I'll be That Other Guy.

Your choices are all well and good, but I'd *like* to have a not-particularly-religious-but-not-atheist option. And yes agnosticism is way less of a religion that atheism.

I mean I can vote within the provided choices, but I personally would like to differentiate myself from a strong believer.

Should I do something like "Unsure" or something?

Suggestions? ('Cause I don't know what to put there...)

Should I do something like "Unsure" or something?

Suggestions? ('Cause I don't know what to put there...)

I dunno.

There's not a great solution, so I'm just an even worse Guy.

And agnostic just seems wrong, since it can be applied as a qualifier ("Agnostic Protestant", for example).

Why put anything after "none" for religion?

And why not let Tangerine just make a new one later?

...Because it's a demographics poll??? And I couldn't think of anything else that's significant enough to justify one of the five spaces...

I could do that. But I already made it, so... may as well...

Edited by Fruit Ninja

I'm pretty sure not all nonreligious people are atheists. Which makes your religion choices faulty. Who cares the exact reasons WHY they do not identify with a religion?

Edited by Sangyul

I'm a 20 year old Hispanic young woman (Culturally I'm Puerto Rican, biologically I'm half Spanish, quarter Italian, quarter French, and my ancestral home is Corsica). I live in North America, I'm a Catholic Christian, and I'm Independent in my political views.

Demographics are interesting! :D

Doesn't Tangerine already do these?

Sort of, some of the questions are different. Those censuses usually just ask age location how long have you been on sf do you play fe

Or something like that.

So I'm 16 years old, caucasian with a small bit of Native American. I'm agnostic, although I lean slightly towards theism, but not towards any particular religion. I live in Canada, and here we actually have three major parties, Conservatives, Liberals, and the New Democrats, and I'm more for the former.

While I am biologically Indonesian, I identify completely with my nationality, not ethnicity. It's a lot easier to tell someone that I am Indonesian than telling them I'm Canadian though, or I have to go through the motions of them asking me if that means I'm First Nations, then ask me what I mean by identifying by nationality if my ancestors weren't born in Canada, and so on. Everyone also thinks I'm like 16 years old, and they shit bri/x/ when I tell them that I am 24, am an assistant manager, and a university student. At times, I have to flash my ID to get them to believe me mostly in the grocery store when I am doing my beer run. Like politics to many, I try not to talk about religion to others, as it is a very thorny subject, but I am a bit of a Roman mythology buff, and if anything, I respect Neptune, as the sea is my favourite place in this world, so props to him for watching over it. I also support the NDP fully, and cried when Jack Layton died, OH GOD.

w h i t e p e o p l e

I find that term "Caucasians" kind of weird. Like the Caucasus is an actual place, and I haven't yet managed to hear something that suggests all white races originated there. I think at least part of it is also in India? Or some people from the Caucasus ended up in India or something and/or were forebears of some kind? It's odd how little I know about the place

24 year old Canadian resident with Anglo-French ancestry. I don't have any religious association since I grew up in a church free family, plus I haven't been convinced yet cause there's so many different subdivisions of religions that leave me confused on what's the right path to follow. Politically I tilt a bit to the right, but by American standards I would appear more as a centrist.