Petition for a League of Legends subforum in Other Games.

Raven

Petition:  

34 members have voted

1. 1. The formal petition (there are two choices because a poll must contain at least two choices).

• I support the appeal for a League of Legends subforum to be created within Other Games.
    • I support the appeal for a League of Legends subforum to be created within Other Games.
  2. 2. Pick one!

• I play League (sometimes or often) and post (sometimes or often) in the LoL topic in Other Games.
    • I play League (sometimes or often) but I don't bother posting in the LoL topic in Other Games. (Please give a reason in a reply)
    • I don't play League (at all or much) but I see nothing wrong with having a subforum for this undeniably popular and content-heavy game.
  3. 3. Pick one!

• I play League (rarely to addicted).
    • I have never played League, and don't plan on doing so.
    • I have never played League, but I have been thinking about doing so.
    • I quit League, and don't plan on returning.
    • I quit League, but I have been thinking about returning.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not all LOL this isn't Korea where gaming is considered real

gaming is considered a joke here

Because I didn't list any other numbers relevant to the discussion, the post before your little one word-er or whatever you want to call it solely said Korea.

cuz i dont understand what you said LOL

just like how most people cant understand a league game if they saw it

but could understand melee with only basic gaming knowledge

WUT UP BRO

cuz i dont understand what you said LOL

just like how most people cant understand a league game if they saw it

but could understand melee with only basic gaming knowledge

WUT UP BRO

You keep going back to a point irrelevant to the discussion because it is conceded I don't understand why. Actually on second thought I do but it's less fun that way.

Also my last post was sarcastic but I forgot I have to make that clear to you.

Go back and reread.

Edited by BK-201

BRO WE FUCKING GET IT THAT SOME PEOPLE CAN ENJOY LEAGUE LMAO

some people enjoy feces sexually too

I suspect that a higher % of people watch league / total people compared to those enjoy feces sexually / total people sexually active. By a large margin. So your point is irrelevant. Not quite as bad as "the sky is blue so you are wrong" but really close.

Personally, I find video games a much superior spectator sport than baseball/soccer/hockey/croquet etc.

But that's just me.

Lots of people get bored to tears by sports, so not surprised. A gamer who doesn't like watching sports would sometimes qualify (if they liked watching gaming), so I doubt it's not just you.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Everyone played Melee back in the day though, regardless of whether or not they still play it, so the fanbase is definitely still there, even if most of them are now playing Brawl. And it is a huge fanbase..

The fact that so many people watched it was because Nintendo said "nope" at first, everyone got mad and cried so fucking hard, and loud, even IGN reported it. This got the "Melee at EVO" thing even more coverage than it normally would have. Then Nintendo turned around and said "lol jk you can play Melee" which was also reported, and there you have it. A large boost in the number of people interested and now know about Melee at EVO thanks to Nintendo. Success!

I understand what Fox said, but Inui is conveying his point in such a defensive manner, and I wonder why. He's acting like LoL killed his dog or something. Why so mad, bro. Both games are doing well in their own right, and kudos to Melee for being so popular despite its age. Just goes to show how good a game it is, no?

Everyone played Melee back in the day though, regardless of whether or not they still play it, so the fanbase is definitely still there, even if most of them are now playing Brawl. And it is a huge fanbase..

The fact that so many people watched it was because Nintendo said "nope" at first, everyone got mad and cried so fucking hard, and loud, even IGN reported it. This got the "Melee at EVO" thing even more coverage than it normally would have. Then Nintendo turned around and said "lol jk you can play Melee" which was also reported, and there you have it. A large boost in the number of people interested and now know about Melee at EVO thanks to Nintendo. Success!

I understand what Fox said, but Inui is conveying his point in such a defensive manner, and I wonder why. He's acting like LoL killed his dog or something. Why so mad, bro. Both games are doing well in their own right, and kudos to Melee for being so popular despite its age. Just goes to show how good a game it is, no?

Are you kidding me? Most Melee players didn't move on to Brawl at all, only a small handful did.

People wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't fun to watch. As in, all those people who don't actually play it still watched it after they watched their KoF stream or before Marvel/SF started.

Tbqh I have intense hatred of League because my best friend got addicted to it (like, for real addicted) and it really hurt me and our friendship a lot. His addiction was so bad that I had a death in the family and a whole lot of stuff going wrong and he abandoned me for two days to obsessively play League despite him knowing I needed him. That's the worst instance, but sadly only one of many times his addiction to the game harmed me and our friendship. His behavior with League was identical to my mom's with pills and my brother's with heroin. Identical. So, yeah, I'm really bitter towards League.

well that escalated quickly

But seriously, in my opinion your friend is the one to blame, not the game. We all know that people get addicted to League, but it also happens to people with other games too - be it WoW or whatever else requires large amounts of a person's time and effort.

The way I see it is that you both needed help in different ways. There's probably a shitload of reasons your friend decided to hide away from real life (and as a result, you) for 2 days; maybe you should talk to him about it in detail, and a good talk could help fix any problems that may still exist between you both (if you haven't done so already). But again I stress that blaming the game is the easy way out, and the fact that you are blaming the game kinda tells me that you haven't really talked to your friend about it in depth. He can blame the game, but really, it's just a game, and a person needs help if they are addicted to anything - even a game. It should be treated like a mental illness.

oh we have talked about it a lot and he's made a lot of changes so things are going a lot better but I'm still really bitter towards the game as a result

the incident I mentioned was back in June

also, he's not the only person I've seen get addicted to the game the same way people get addicted to drugs and harm their friendships/job/education/etc. with the addiction

Edited by Inui

May I suggest "Multiplayer Online Games"? It would get the point across much better imo.

Regardless, the subforum is going swell.

Edited by Raven

Tbqh I have intense hatred of League because my best friend got addicted to it (like, for real addicted) and it really hurt me and our friendship a lot. His addiction was so bad that I had a death in the family and a whole lot of stuff going wrong and he abandoned me for two days to obsessively play League despite him knowing I needed him. That's the worst instance, but sadly only one of many times his addiction to the game harmed me and our friendship. His behavior with League was identical to my mom's with pills and my brother's with heroin. Identical. So, yeah, I'm really bitter towards League.

that's not really league's fault. he just has an addictive personality