My opinion about FE6 characters.

Nicolas

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're similar then?

Unless we can sort this out, yes.

Everyone in FE6 is usable on NM, on HM its a bit tougher but still manageable if you really like certain characters.

People acting like elitists on what characters should and should not be used are really starting to irritate me.

You and me both. But I just pointed out that Ward's not that bad.

Everyone in FE6 is usable on NM, on HM its a bit tougher but still manageable if you really like certain characters.

People acting like elitists on what characters should and should not be used are really starting to irritate me.

no more pmus :p.

but in all honesty, Ward in HM is basically Bartre with more con and availibility and no D bows.

Not horrible, but he functions.

And the "bad against Sword dudes" thing applies to 70% of the cast anyways so why is Ward fighting them and not a Swordie/Lance user?

but in all honesty, Ward in HM is basically Bartre with more con and availibility and no D bows.

IMO Bartre is better, mainly because he don't need Hero Crest.

And the "bad against Sword dudes" thing applies to 70% of the cast anyways so why is Ward fighting them and not a Swordie/Lance user?

He was equipped with Swordreaver, so don't say something like "that's unfair".

But true about Wade is that he can do everything Lott can, but he is just worse. And for me that deserve 2,5/10.

Why did you skip rutger, clarine, sue, chad, lugh, saul and dorothy?

Try to say something fresh about these guys.

Everybody know that Rutger is god, Clarine, Lugh and Saul are awesome, Sue is not-bad, while Dorothy...

Well, nothing special, beside she falls in love in Shin.

Lugh/Calrine would be nothing really special in FE7, but with FE6 hit rates they high SPD allow them to be untouchable. What with low enemies' RES mean they can solo many, many, many bad guys. Just put them on forest and they would never get hit.

Clarine is kinda bad in my opinion. "Kinda" being absolute trash. And Lugh is merely ok. He's pretty reliable chip in HM and that comes in handy. Can hurt stuff badly if he gets to doubling.

Never get hit is a gross overstatement considering that they will get hit if you overly relied on them

Give me a moment and I'll show you how low is chance to Lugh kill in situation like that

W

WLW

W

W mean Wyvern Rider

L mean Lugh on Forest.

L can mean anyone else on a forest, and also, L is sometimes OHKO'd

EDIT: lugh is no more of a dodgetank than allen is if they're at the same level, and lugh is never going to be at the same level as allen.

Edited by dondon151

wow if you're going to cherrypick, i'll play by your game, then.

brigands in chapter 5 OHKO lugh. they have something terrible like 28 hit if he's standing on a forest, but that doesn't change the fact that he's dead if one of them hits him.

wyverns in chapter 7 OHKO lugh; they have 17 more hit than the brigands did.

fighters and brigands throughout chapters 10 and 11 also OHKO lugh.

so if you're going to claim that lugh can dodgetank with any measure of confidence, please don't cherrypick your evidence.

wow if you're going to cherrypick, i'll play by your game, then.

brigands in chapter 5 OHKO lugh. they have something terrible like 28 hit if he's standing on a forest, but that doesn't change the fact that he's dead if one of them hits him.

wyverns in chapter 7 OHKO lugh; they have 17 more hit than the brigands did.

fighters and brigands throughout chapters 10 and 11 also OHKO lugh.

so if you're going to claim that lugh can dodgetank with any measure of confidence, please don't cherrypick your evidence.

Give him one robe.

And them, his chance to death will change to really low.

And If you think giving robe to Lugh is bad choice, can you tell me who is better (let's skip Thany).

Never get hit is a gross overstatement considering that they will get hit if you overly relied on them

Ch21 Wyverns has 5,28 true hit against 20/1 Lugh on Forest.

I'm too lazy today to calculate for you how is chance to Lugh's death in that condition for 6 turns, but I'm pretty sure that isn't higher than ~7%.

Edited by Nicolas

Ch21 Wyverns has 5,28 true hit against 20/1 Lugh on Forest.

I'm too lazy today to calculate for you how is chance to Lugh's death in that condition for 6 turns, but I'm pretty sure that isn't higher than ~7%.

That all depends on how many attacks he faces. And if we accept your 7%, that still means out of ~14 people attempting what you do, on average one of them sees a dead Lugh and has to reset. Also, edit your posts, don't post twice in a row.

And why are we skipping Thany? A robe frequently is the difference between OHKO and 2HKO by archers when you want her to rescue-drop someome. Then there's Roy and his bolting/whatever issues when approaching a throne.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Give him one robe.

And them, his chance to death will change to really low.

And If you think giving robe to Lugh is bad choice, can you tell me who is better (let's skip Thany).

In a game where all maps but one are seize-objectives, Roy and Lalum are among the top candidates to receive a robe.

Another problem with your argument is that Lugh is dropped on a forest while the party waits for him to clear the enemies so that they (mounted units) can advance. When your mounted units rush the maps, carrying Lugh around is a serious burden in this game (long maps where you usually go in one direction) and feeding him the experience to make him function well even moreso.

And there's the other problem - making sure Lugh receives enough experience just so that you can have a foot unit who is hard to hit.

That all depends on how many attacks he faces. And if we accept your 7%, that still means out of ~14 people attempting what you do, on average one of them sees a dead Lugh and has to reset. Also, edit your posts, don't post twice in a row.

And why are we skipping Thany? A robe frequently is the difference between OHKO and 2HKO by archers when you want her to rescue-drop someome. Then there's Roy and his bolting/whatever issues when approaching a throne.

I wasn't say something like "Let's skip Thany, because she suck hard", but something like "Let's skip Thany, because she is obvious other choice."

Not exactly, because Lugh is 2HKO by then. And chance for Lugh kill is 12% (I calculate that using Bernoulli formula).

Edited by Nicolas

Wait... outside of her Staff Rank, how is Niime any good ? Granted, she will really rarely be at ennemy range, but that doesn't change the fact she die in 1-2 hit.

Your other healers will do the job far better at that point. (Ellen take hits better than her).

(Yodel have the same problem, but is generally more durable)

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar