My Parents Just Gave Me a 1-Hour Lecture

blyegg

I don't mean acquiring things in a literal sense but more the station that comes with them. Kids want a car, they want a house, they want a job, they want money. They want all those things because they think they will be free, and answer to no one. The problem is that by the time they have these things anyone that takes a serious look back will often yearn to return to childhood. Car payments suck. Jobs suck. Paying rent sucks. Washing clothes sucks. Friends with incompatible schedules sucks. The price you have to pay for adulthood is a reponsibility. The reality is that while adults are allowed to do much more, in practice they can do so very little.

Friends with incompatible schedules suck but that isn't restricted to adulthood IMO. Like even now I face that with my very close friends because all parents go "NAH THIS IS YOUR IMPORTANT YEAR DON'T INTERACT MUCH FOCUS ON STUDYING!" Hell here I see parents put their kids to tutors from 7th grade and that's honestly really depressing when I see that. 7th grade's just too early to be taking studies so srsly IMO but it might be just me.

Lesse what else, uhhh

Job time= Study time, and both suck.

And stuff like having a car and washing clothes depends on your life style. Tbh I'd have a tougher time cooking than washing clothes when I think about it. I prefer motorbikes to cars, but its TOO BAD that traffic sux balls and doesn't favour motorbikes ;_: Guess I'm stuck to using public transport until I actually desire a car.

Also why would desires end at adulthood? P sure same can be said about getting married, having kids, or even being ambitious about your career and then it turning out to be not what you thought it was like when you move up the ladder although I guess that'd come under 'job sucking' lol.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*in your experience

In general. At least in America, it's the basis of midlife crises most people go through. All of what I said is reflective of the vast majority of blue-collar workers in middling income areas. They work long hours, get little time off, pay high taxes, and face decreasing health from sedentary lifestyles.

People don't want to face difficult responsibility. Why do you think everyone dreams of being rich?

Friends with incompatible schedules suck but that isn't restricted to adulthood IMO. Like even now I face that with my very close friends because all parents go "NAH THIS IS YOUR IMPORTANT YEAR DON'T INTERACT MUCH FOCUS ON STUDYING!"

I don't mean incompatible schedules because something has come up for a short period of time, I mean not being able to interact with any of your close friends for several months at a time because are awake on opposite ends of days, working days they're off and vice versa.

Also why would desires end at adulthood? P sure same can be said about getting married, having kids, or even being ambitious about your career and then it turning out to be not what you thought it was like when you move up the ladder although I guess that'd come under 'job sucking' lol.
I never said desires end during adulthood. Though most workers hit a realistic ceiling after some time and stay at one specific area for the rest of their career.
Edited by Esau of Isaac

Nah I bet it won't be much different from what you're experiencing now.

In teen years the crises is "ugh I don't know why I'm studying I study so much ugh I don't know what career I wanna go to this is too stressful to me. I don't know what I like anymore."

Midlife crises sounds like "Shit I need to pay bills I need to work so much I hate my job ugh now that I have a job what do i aim for?" (at least that's how Esau put it don't ask me I haven't exp yet)

Sounds scary ;_;

Edited by Bluedoom

In general. At least in America, it's the basis of midlife crises most people go through. All of what I said is reflective of the vast majority of blue-collar workers in middling income areas. They work long hours, get little time off, pay high taxes, and face decreasing health from sedentary lifestyles.

People don't want to face difficult responsibility. Why do you think everyone dreams of being rich?

i was talking more about what "all kids" dream of having but ight

i was under the impression midlife crises weren't about reflections about the past but a... shit, how do i words. they look at themselves and realize they're about half through with life, and feel it's all down syndrome from there (copyright 2008 hextator)

not everybody dreams of being rich though i do see where the generalization is coming from, and i agree not many people want to face full responsibility, at least knowing what that entails

Nah I bet it won't be much different from what you're experiencing now.

In teen years the crises is "ugh I don't know why I'm studying I study so much ugh I don't know what career I wanna go to this is too stressful to me. I don't know what I like anymore."

Midlife crises sounds like "Shit I need to pay bills I need to work so much I hate my job ugh now that I have a job what do i aim for?" (at least that's how Esau put it don't ask me I haven't exp yet)

Sounds scary ;_;

Iwaskiddinglol.

i was talking more about what "all kids" dream of having but ight

i was under the impression midlife crises weren't about reflections about the past but a... shit, how do i words. they look at themselves and realize they're about half through with life, and feel it's all down syndrome from there (copyright 2008 hextator)

not everybody dreams of being rich though i do see where the generalization is coming from, and i agree not many people want to face full responsibility, at least knowing what that entails

oh god I am never going to not use this again

u tink dis iz uh gayme m8

I could barely read that.

Couldn't you just have spelled the words correctly and take out the spaces? I'm assuming not.

nt rly u r OK, I can't spell like this.

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

I don't dream of being rich. Just the other day, I dreamed that I got yelled at for not getting all the leaves off the grass while raking, even though we haven't even started raking yet.

I always get lectures because of my emotional breakdowns so I can't say a whole lot here but I will say that telling your dad to "fuck off" and threatening to killing yourself is really the worst possible reaction.

Grade-wise... I beat myself up over a 90 last week so that should tell how I roll with school.

because beating yourself up over a 90 is fucking preposterous.

It's one of the worst grades I've ever received.

I understand that it's stupid and makes no sense but it's also who I am.

EDIT: I'm talking for my best subject, Math. I've gotten worse elsewhere but on Math...

Edited by Lonely Wallcrab

If you beat yourself up over your studies at an age where your grades don't matter so much, then when you're older and they do matter,you'll be highly demotivated to study.

Speak from personal experience. ;_;