Is Donnel Worth it?

Siegmund

If you are having trouble recruiting him, make him a Bronze Lance forge and name it yeehaw! (the name is truly the most important part) Have someone weaken the north enemies but not quite kill them and have him kill the Barbarian and then make sure the thief dies in the counter and doesnt get to double him. He needs a pair up for this and a setup, but once you learn how to do it, you can replicate it everytime. To answer your topic title: Nope. Unless you want him to father someone to give them pegasus Knight, but beware that he has crappy mods or so ive heard. I havent really played like that.

Edited by PKL

you can give some chick permanent +7 luck and slap aptitude on a kid for massive hyucks

I'd make him Kjelle's father because you can recruit her asap and then you can just wreck peoples shit in

I already got Sully to S with Stahl though...

who else is Donnel good with?

Donnel is pretty nice for breeding. Aptitude and option to get pegknight for Galeforce is spiffy. The fun part is that Donnel doesnt need to be leveled much unless you want your kid to have even better bases. But not necessary because Aptitude. The kid will get the stats either way with that. If im not arsed in using him, i get him just for that.

Donnel's isn't really worth it other than these two reasons:

1. Having another male for female paring for second generation units.

2. His villager unit ability Aptitude. (Which isn't necessarily needed cause of the second seal mechanics.)

Still even if you don't use him, atleast play the Paralogue and get more unit exp.

The one thing that counters this is the Aptitude ability. That extra 20% growths can make him get out of control if you can train him, and that's one big if on anything higher than hard. While in the long run Aptitude isn't a great ability, its short term rewards can fill any holes in your army.

For me Donnel is not just access to Galeforce that makes him important, but armsthrift as well.

A) If you're a completionist: No, but do it anyway.
B) If you're on Lunatic: Hell no, but see answer for A if that applies.

Actually trapping that one archer and see him skewered by Donnel's 3 point damage is rather fun.'

If you care about Nah, Noire, or Kjelle getting Galeforce it is. What difficulty are you on?

How can they get Galeforce? They cannot learn it through their mothers. Since none of them can get the Dark Peg class.

Do you have Donnel's kid it? Or...

EDIT: nvm

Found the answer here...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66010495

Thank you. Cuz, I'm going to do this in my next run.

-----

Other than for Aptitude inheritance, he otherwise isn't worth shooting for on Lunatic. His bad bases makes him almost un-useable. Damn Est archtypes weren't always reliable without a good challenge and training.

Edited by Dark_Huntress