Guest meibum

94 members have voted

1. 1. What's your relationship status?

• Single and want it that way
    • Single and want a relationship
    • In a relationship and happy
    • In a relationship and unhappy
    • It's complicated

Been dating the most wonderful girl for going on three years now - our anniversary is in less than a month. :P No one really expected us to last given that she was a couple years younger than me and we were both in the teenage, transitioning phase everyone goes through, where they're all trying to figure out what we want. But we've both changed for the better, and have only grown closer over the years. We spend most days together when our schedules allow, and for the days where they don't we text more often than not - once in a while we'll talk on the phone if we're not too busy. Her family adores me, my family adores her, and her little brother is absolutely obsessed with me (I swear he just likes my car, it's all he ever talks about) - I can honestly say I've never been happier. Even through my hardest point in life, when I was struggling with my own issues and a handful of disorders, she stuck with me and made sure I was okay through it all - she's done something no one else can say they've ever done. And I wouldn't lose her for anything. :P

But, we met through mutual friends a few years back, it was just after I'd gotten out of a rough relationship and was really just lashing out at the world. A few drunken nights and strung out days later, I ran into her again and started talking - I realized that she was genuinely sweet, and she was adorable to boot. I cut down on my bad habits, made a point to talk to her some. Within the month she was texting me every morning before I went to work, and we'd talk most of the day. She kind of let it slip one night that she liked me, and I spent the next month or two getting closer to her, trying to work up to the relationship. I told her I wanted to take a chance as more than friends, and she said she was willing to try - she'd never so much as held a guy's hand before, so I knew it wouldn't be easy.

We had ups and downs, but three years later here we are, happy as can be. We've been talking about getting a place next year, maybe the year after - just a small apartment, maybe get a dog. We've discussed the possibility of kids in the future, but we're not holding our breath for it - if it happens, wonderful. If not, then it wasn't meant to be. But I definitely see a future with her, she's never so much as thought a week ahead of anything, and one morning she started talking about our wedding, she's planning a career, she's getting ambitious. It's nice to see, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

[spoiler=The two of us being goofballs on her prom, before a night out.]zth7.jpg

Edited by Zanryu

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

single and enjoying it for now. i've been single for nearly a year and considering that before this period i pretty much had back to back relationships over the course of 4 years (one of my relationships actually lasted 2 years). so all things considered, this is like a breath of fresh air.

Was in a relationship exactly a year ago with a girl from Montenegro, I went to Greece to celebrate Christmas and New Year with family, on New Years Eve she decided that she wanted us to stay friends, I didn't accept that and so we haven't talked since that day. She wasn't honest with me about the reasons and she was talking nonsense. Now that I think about that relationship, I was the only one who always accepted everything and had to stop doing things that I liked because they weren't "helping me get smarter" and so I realized it was wrong of me to do so. Anyway, I like it so much more now that I am alone for many reasons and I wouldn't mind if it stayed like that.

Single and want it that way (at least for now in my current conditions).

-Of course I want to be in a relationship at some point, just not with somebody who isn't right for me.

-Look for intelligence, ambition, good looks (relative to my preferences), good sense of humor, laid back, caring, etc, etc.

-Want to have a solid career and someone I can relate to and confide in before I am willing to settle down.

3. Relationship and happy

- how did you meet?

- what do you like about them?

- how long have you been together and where do you think your relationship will end up?

To answer the first one. We met at her college.

The second one? To be fair, there are too many to list. I absolutely love her.

The third one? We were dating for a year, we've been engaged for two years, at this rate? Marriage.

Ive met my soulmate, but hes happily in a relationship with someone way better then myself. Ive been majorly friendzoned and all i can do is hope that one day hell want to be with me too. In the meantime ive been stupidly chasing guys that dont give a shit about me. They just flirt with every girl and ive been cheated on enough to know where relationships with those types of guys go... sometimes i wonder why i even bother trying. Hes the only guy ive ever met that was generally concerned for my happiness and yet i cant bring myself to tell him how i feel.

While it may be tempting to try to hook up with a girl at job corps. Where I am currently, (there is this gal named Stephine and she is pretty beautiful and nice)

I think my career takes center stage. Plus I am already interested in someone else even before Job Corps.

2. Single and wants a relationship/ doesn't want a relationship

There's only one girl in my class who actually plays Nintendo and other games. Looking nice is also a plus.

She might have friend zoned me so I can't really say if it would ever work.

I also don't have the balls to tell her.

Having a girlfriend who won't stop me from playing games is heaven to me, but I'm not making a move since a relationship would be really bad to have right now. I'll just keep dreaming

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this shit back.

Got myself a date lined up for next week. Hooked up with her on Halloween but she might be worth seconds.

Confession time! I'm great at bedding women but when you're outnumbered 4-1, hooking up and getting a number is still pretty bro.

Ive met my soulmate, but hes happily in a relationship with someone way better then myself. Ive been majorly friendzoned and all i can do is hope that one day hell want to be with me too. In the meantime ive been stupidly chasing guys that dont give a shit about me. They just flirt with every girl and ive been cheated on enough to know where relationships with those types of guys go... sometimes i wonder why i even bother trying. Hes the only guy ive ever met that was generally concerned for my happiness and yet i cant bring myself to tell him how i feel.

In a rare moment of weakness, I know what you mean. Been there, done that. It's not worth it so put it behind you and move the fuck on.

EDIT: You're also 18/19. You actually need to move on or your own sex life will go to shit.

Edited by Life

Relationship and happy:

We met through a friend, though just as friends. I wasn't particularly looking for a relationship at the time and wasn't expecting one, either. We eventually started talking more and more, and they'd often invite themself to join me during spares. And eventually...we started a relationship.

I really like that my special person accepts me the way I am; at first, the narcissist in me didn't like that they didn't tell me that I was the greatest or the most good-looking person in the world (I have a bit of a problem), but eventually, I came to like that they're honest and think that I'm amazing in their eyes. And dealing with my overbearing and self-absorbed personality is no easy feat; they're so mature about everything, and I think I became more mature as well as a result of wanting to be better for them.

We've been together for a little over three and a half years. I'm not entirely sure about what'll happen in the future, though, lol.