Guest meibum

94 members have voted

1. 1. What's your relationship status?

• Single and want it that way
    • Single and want a relationship
    • In a relationship and happy
    • In a relationship and unhappy
    • It's complicated

I have a friend who I care about more than anyone in the world, but we both don't want to go the next step, as our friendship is too deep to risk it in the awkwardness of romance. On the other hand, I am slowly starting to learn how to be alone, which I find is a peaceful thing, where I can sit in my comfy apartment and read books without having anyone bother me. Like I'm totally fine if fate decides to throw me a bone and satisfy my fussy needs, but until that happens, I'll be patient and broaden my horizons by travelling my country by myself and becoming a better person for this person who may or may not grace my life in the future.

In short, I am a mixture of 1, 2 and 5.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's complicated.

Lets just say I've tried asking girls out before, most were my friends first though, but I've always gotten rejected. After that they would then ignore me, and/or stop being my friend. For the longest time I had wanted a girlfriend, as I've always wanted to find someone to love me for me. It's just that I constantly seem to be doing something wrong. By now, I've flat out given up on it.

Ash, do you have your a circle of friends? Normally a good group of friends can help when dealing with rejection (A good wing man works also for finding the right person), but even so, you shouldn't just give up on love all together if you've never experienced it. TBH, I've always been rejected as well, but keep this in mind: one success can erase a hundred failures. I'm not saying to go start chasing girls again, just keep yourself available for another opportunity to get better at this game that we call romance, and somewhere along the way, you just might get your wish

if you haven't already, i suggest you really think about how the conversations you have with the girls you're interested in are first. even if you think someone's a great person, it doesn't mean that you two would be well together. for example, i know someone on this forum called pinkbubblegum...we're kinda friends, but we don't talk very much becuase we don't really share similar interests so we're not very close. i think she's pretty swell and talented, but shh-yeah of course we're as far from being compatable as it gets. (i used an online example becuase i'm not really an irl person and don't have irl friends)

but to be clear, i have no experience because i have never asked a girl out before, i'm just going off of general relationships with other people.

Ash, do you have your a circle of friends? Normally a good group of friends can help when dealing with rejection (A good wing man works also for finding the right person), but even so, you shouldn't just give up on love all together if you've never experienced it. TBH, I've always been rejected as well, but keep this in mind: one success can erase a hundred failures. I'm not saying to go start chasing girls again, just keep yourself available for another opportunity to get better at this game that we call romance, and somewhere along the way, you just might get your wish

I was mostly in home-schooling growing up, so I never really had too many friends. Only being in public school for, at the least, 5 years. I used to have a few friends in Middle School, but then I went to a mostly online High School and ended up losing contact with them. I have a couple good friends online though. Perhaps I'm not as socially organized as I had thought. I'll see what I can do, thanks everyone for the advice.

I've never been in a relationship. It's too hard for me anyway. I'm way too shy. I've never had any male friends, and the male's I know dislike me. Also, i'm too anti social , not exactly a good habit for meeting people, etc. Forever alone.

Picked the first option because like many others I'm single and indifferent to the matter. Not that I see myself being in a relationship any time soon.

3. Relationship and happy

- how did you meet?

- what do you like about them?

- how long have you been together and where do you think you're relationship will end up?

We met at a party my brother threw at my parents' house when they were away. His girlfriend (A) brought a cute friend (B). I started flirting with her, drunkenly thinking she had initiated it (she hadn't). She flirted back since I had now broken the ice, and we hit it off as well as two drunk people can. 3 days later, my brother had broken up with A, but she still invited me to a bonfire at her place, and B was there too. We were all sober this time, and still had good chemistry. A gave me B's number the next day, and I asked her on a few dates before finally asking her to be my girlfriend!

To say I'm physically attracted to her would be an understatement. She's also one of the smartest people I know. She's very opinionated, and always has a lot of insightful things to say on a wide array of topics. She is patient and has a great sense of humor. And she loves me back even despite my clever and repeated attempts to be an asshole to her.

We have been together not quite 2.5 years, and I can only see it getting better from here. I hope we get married one day. I am not a terrible boyfriend, I swear.

I was mostly in home-schooling growing up, so I never really had too many friends. Only being in public school for, at the least, 5 years. I used to have a few friends in Middle School, but then I went to a mostly online High School and ended up losing contact with them. I have a couple good friends online though. Perhaps I'm not as socially organized as I had thought. I'll see what I can do, thanks everyone for the advice.

Damn, that situation sounds rough. I was also homeschooled until 8th grade, and the social abilities I lacked took me several years to recover. I still feel behind, 11 years later. I can't imagine not even having high school as a training ground. I urge you to seek out platonic offline relationships as well as interactions with strangers, because the social skills you gain are hugely beneficial in pretty much every aspect of life.

Edited by Meteor

single and want to keep- *sigh*...who didn't want to be in relationship anyway?

i actually had a friendzoned girl more instead of in relationship....

well at least i had fallen in love twice..the first one goes unrequited and the second was well.. it happened at 2011, it was...really stupid.

I don't really get it why, but it all began when i accidentally phoned her the day before the graduation of 9th grade. And after those talks..i feel...so content and happy...yeah, i guess i had crush on her.. why would i accidentally phoned her anyway if i don't have a crush?

since that day, i text her everyday, and it goes nice~

the stupid moment is that, i'm just replying her tweets on twitter then all my other friends blabbers in and exposed my *feelings*... but i managed to retaliate enough to make her not realized i had crush on her....

then the first senior high school year starts... everyone asked me if i had feelings on her.... i said "yeah...."

what shocks me is that, they're supporting me for some reason,

time goes,my connection with her goes better, and on her birthday, my friends persuaded me to give her a rose and a short poem of happy birthday to her....it turned out well, she accepted it (barely well, to be honest).. and yeah, it was a suprise ambush party, so after those moments, the rest of my friends (hiding near the door of the home) assault her home and splash her with juice, flours,eggs, etc...

but a week later, i realized she was more talkative and more friendly with a certain another boy.. and i realized that my social awkwardness with peoples won't make my relationship with her get better nor i was actually worthy for her happiness..so.. i kinda...uh..."left" her. months later, she did ended up going out with this another boy.....(just to be note, this another boy is my senior)

i haven't ended up in love with someone again since 2011, most of girls i befriended was just common friend, none of them really had special meaning to me...

well.... i don't have regrets in the end

Edited by Pukuriripo

I'm surprised no people are in unhappy relationships considering most relationships fall apart at some point, especially in modern times when they are not arranged outside the actual parties' wills nearly as often. Though I guess an unhappy relationship is "complicated" enough to constitute a non-relationship?

I'm surprised no people are in unhappy relationships considering most relationships fall apart at some point, especially in modern times when they are not arranged outside the actual parties' wills nearly as often. Though I guess an unhappy relationship is "complicated" enough to constitute a non-relationship?

I'm surprised too. I even let answers be anon is someone wanted to choose that and not be judged for it or whatever.

I think 'it's complicated' mean that you're romantic towards someone but perhaps they have a bf/gf or something and that why you can't be together.

Whereas unhappy in a relationship is that you are together, but you personally are not happy with it (maybe they lied to you or don't treat you well etc)

Single and want a relationship ladiieeeeeees

When some people would give me advice for dating they'd use a business-style analogy and say that you should approach it like an interview for a job by trying to build skills that the person you're trying to date would find attractive. On one hand that's cool I guess but on the other hand why the hell would you want to make someone think that dating is like a job unless you want them to die alone? Also what if I'm the failing but necessary business and I deserve some subsidies or I'm unemployed but am looking into welfare or maybe I'd appreciate some food stamps or something plz

Too many of you are worrying about the wrong things. Relationships aren't prizes you win for trying hard, it's a more meaningful connection with someone you really like. Try to see it as less of a game, and more of something that just happens. If you meet enough people, you'll find someone you connect with.

I couldn't be any happier~

3. Relationship and happy

- how did you meet?

- what do you like about them?

- how long have you been together and where do you think you're relationship will end up?

-SF!! Although, I guess I could also say we met in person to eat lunch~ Specta came too!! They're both the bestest people ever~ It's also fun and cute watching siblings get along so well ;u; That doesn't happen as much in my family

-He's a goof~ He's typically in a good mood and a positive thinker, he's fun, he's confident, he's responsible (and he even cares for me, trying to help me not slack off and makes me save the fun stuff for after work~), he's blunt (I like bluntness, because I know I will always get the truth, no half-truths or lies, and it's easier to settle conflicts with people who tell the truth about how they feel), I adore his voice and his giggles and he looks cuuuuuuute~ There is so much I love about my Aiku~!

-It's been about a year or maybe a bit more? For us there's no such thing as an anniversary yet, neither of us asked out the other. It just sort of happened x3 *squeeeeeee*soromantic*squeeeeeeee*

Too many of you are worrying about the wrong things. Relationships aren't prizes you win for trying hard, it's a more meaningful connection with someone you really like. Try to see it as less of a game, and more of something that just happens. If you meet enough people, you'll find someone you connect with.

I couldn't have said this better myself.

Currently single. I have been all my life, while I would like some companionship, I realize that its just not the time for me yet.

I've had many crushes in my life, all the girls I liked I ended up just being friends with, this is not a bad thing. I'll gladly take any friendship I can get, heck the majority of my close friends are girls.

To the fellow guys in this thread. Women are not trophies to win, they are people just like you and me. The more you think "Why do girls not like me. The world is over because I can't get a girlfriend" the more you are defeating yourself, you can consider your faults for why a girl may not like you ect of course but don't let it control your every single thought the most important thing is to always be yourself. Pretending to be what you are not is one thing that will cause nothing but misfortune. This is basically an add on to what Shin is saying

To the fellow guys in this thread. Women are not trophies to win, they are people just like you and me. The more you think "Why do girls not like me. The world is over because I can't get a girlfriend" the more you are defeating yourself, you can consider your faults for why a girl may not like you ect of course but don't let it control your every single thought the most important thing is to always be yourself. Pretending to be what you are not is one thing that will cause nothing but misfortune. This is basically an add on to what Shin is saying

not sure who you two are looking at becuase people aren't giving any implications to having that train of thought, for the most part.

Let's talk about our relationship status! And just your opinion on being single/in a relationship/etc in general.

If you're:

1. Single and like it that way:

- do you ever want a relationship?

- what are you looking for in a partner?

- where do you want to be in your life when you do decide to settle down?

- If it get a good opportunity, sure but right now, it's the last thing I'm focusing on with my life.

- I would want her to accept and enjoy the way i am.

- Somewhere where i do a job that gets me enough money to enjoy my life.

Edited by Peppy

In a relationship and happy!

1. Met my fiance playing Ragnarok Online in high school. He really liked my guild and wanted to join and he helped me out with early gear and levels. We did pretty separate things for about a year but I broke up with my old e-boyfriend and he broke up with his girlfriend, and then I went to Japan for 6 weeks and since he was one of the people I stayed in communication with, somehow we hit it off during that time period. I got really mad at my usual friends and destroyed my IRC channel at the same time so I guess it was a means of moving on from that period of my life.

2. I love everything about him. He's a great cook, he gets along with my friends, he's easy to talk to, he's able to keep up with me even when I'm indecisive, and he'll try almost anything once. He came from a tiny little town on the other side of the country but he's very adventurous. And he came out here with pretty much no help from his parents, since they have their hands full with his brothers, so he has a strong sense of responsibility too. He's just sooo amazing and I probably don't do justice to his personality.

3. We've been together for 7 years now, and are getting married once I finish school and settle into a job, since otherwise my parents would object to the whole thing. I want to have money under my belt before I go any further with our relationship so I can pull my weight paying the bills.