Obliviousness

Caster

It kinda annoys me when people are super oblivious.

For example, my friend is one.

If I'm trying to talk to him, I usually have to call his name several times before he responds to me.

It's also absurdly easy to play pranks on him because he literally doesn't notice. I can stick a sign on him or something, and he won't notice until someone points it out to him.

One time, he was bleeding preeeeettttyyy badly from his hand when he walked into school once, and he literally didn't notice he was profusely bleeding until we all freaked out at him.

He's a good guy, but sheesh.

Anyone else have friends like this, or is it just me?

Some of that is quite familiar to me... because I'm kinda like that too. It can't be helped... or is it? I don't know, I'm trying...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I remember this one time I didn't noticed my leg was cut and bleeding heavily... I shudder to think what would've happened if I hadn't had the random thought of looking down...

Some of us minimal short term memory and not only forget things quickly but will be lost in concentration as well. Don't interrupt us when we're solving all of the world's problems you can't solve with your lack of focus.

I'm pretty sure most people would consider me oblivious, except people don't realize, if I don't hear you after the second time, I'm purposely ignoring you.

I can be oblivious.

I can also be the sharpest person around.

I can pick out a perverted joke or someone talking about me quietly at 20 feet for one thing but if someone is asking for something than I don't notice them.

seriously, I think I do it subconsciously or something.

I don't think I'm oblivious at all.

I honestly can't think of a single time I haven't noticed something right in front of my face/going on around me/etc.

As for knowing oblivious people, I don't think so either.

The closest I have to that is my boyfriend being oblivious to some female things/feelings but all guys are like that.

Edited by Sumia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh this topic. I have a girlfriend who's just like this. Like, let's say a group of our friends is talking about something. Then she'll give her opinion on it, and then maybe someone else will say something with a different opinion. Right away, she'll be like 'YEAH I TOTALLY AGREE', and we'll say 'wait I thought you just said you believe something else' and she'll say 'I agreed with what so and so said'. But she...originally said something completely different just ten seconds ago. It's confusing. I think she's trying to fit in or something, but it's just bizarre.

Whenever we do online chats together, and someone asks her something completely normal, like 'when are you going to so and so's event' she'll COMPLETELY IGNORE the question and talk about something else unrelated. And even if you constantly prod her and say 'please answer the question we need to know' she just won't answer it. I don't understand how/why she does it. Until you finally freak out and scream at her, then she'll be like 'oh, uh, I'm going at noon' or something like that. :facepalm: I just...yeah.

And this last bit might not be related exactly but...she eats AT SUPER SPEED. And she must be oblivious to that, because NO ONE EATS THAT FAST. We were eating penne pasta and she forked her pasta in her mouth so fast, it was crazy, like she was attacking her food or something. It's funny to compare that to my other friend, who eats about as fast as a snail moves. I've always thought "Girl that's not called 'eating lunch', that's called 'sampling the flavor for a prolonged period of time'." Anyway XD

i've had a classmatelike this too.

the problem is not that he was oblivious to the situation around him, but he was oblivious to the fact that most people was pissed with him because he is always self-righteous and show off when he can't do anything at all...in short, that low rascal didn't know his place,

what's even more stupid is that he likes to provoke anyone by saying them geek, what pissed them off is not the provocation itself, but the fact he was too stupid to realize that he was the geek all along... ,long story short, everyone loathed him for being a freak who still show-off and he was oblivious to that..

Edited by Pukuriripo

I don't think I know anyone like that,

although I wouldn't say that is oblivious.

They are just more absent-minded and usually more caught up in their own thoughts.

tl;dr nope

tumblr_lqebdaNYND1r1jojso1_r1_1280.gif

I don't think I know anyone like that,

although I wouldn't say that is oblivious.

They are just more absent-minded and usually more caught up in their own thoughts.

tl;dr nope

tumblr_lqebdaNYND1r1jojso1_r1_1280.gif

Sames.

Although, I only knew someone with major autism. But that isn't obliviousness at all.

So my answer would be the same as Mei's quote.