Do you care about optimization when it comes to pairings?

HadouKirby

70 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Do you?

• Yup
    • Nope

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAAAARGH.The BASE STATS IN A NO LUNATIC GRIND RUN. THEY KEEEEL ME... THEY KEEEEEEL MEEEEE.

BUT APTITUDE

Honestly pairing the same characters in files over and over again would be really boring. I like seeing the kids with different hair colors every time, and to see how certain parents interact with their kids. I like how Lon'qu interacts with Yarne, Brady, and Noire, for instance.

BUT APTITUDE

Honestly pairing the same characters in files over and over again would be really boring. I like seeing the kids with different hair colors every time, and to see how certain parents interact with their kids. I like how Lon'qu interacts with Yarne, Brady, and Noire, for instance.

That entire bolded statement for me: I have no idea how people manage to do so. I mean, one LONG playthrough, that's fine. But I've gotten so used to planning new supports to fill out the support log, I can't do it. Plus, that would be awfully DULL. I may love a support to death, but since it and it only over and over would kill me.

That and, this game's given us quite a few options to toy with. I feel like I'm disrespecting the creators by not partaking in at least some of the many choices they've given us.

Edited by Vashiane

I still want to see how Inigo looks like with blonde hair, as well as Noire with Frederick's brown.

It's always interesting. And seeing the small dialogue changes in supports is nice to see, too.

Vaike's buttery blond hair > Libra's ash blond, in my opinion, but both are nice.

Frederick's is actually really nice on her - then again, I can't name a child who doesn't look good with Frederick's hair.

Very!

Looks like I'm doing Vaike/Olivia soon, Vash. XD Also Virion's hair color is pretty unique, so I like having a kid with that hair color in all my files.

The supports are pretty adorbs, too. In before Rey comments about him hating them.

It is. I'm a little miffed that the girls got the truly unique hair colors: we have two shades of red (and BRIGHT red, too, not auburn), two shades of pink, two shades of green (I THINK Tiki's is a tad darker than Nowi's), while on the guy's side we have Henry, Gaius and Virion, and Gaius' hair clashes with everything that isn't him. :\

I can see why he hates VaikexOlivia. I've read the support myself, and he's right, it's nothing but Olivia apologizing in every conversation and then Vaike just kinda proposes out of nowhere. :/

Yeah, for once he and I agree on something. lol

Donnel's hair color is unique. He's the only one with purple hair!

Edited by Anacybele

I can see why he hates VaikexOlivia. I've read the support myself, and he's right, it's nothing but Olivia apologizing in every conversation and then Vaike just kinda proposes out of nowhere. :/

Yeah, for once he and I agree on something. lol

Donnel's hair color is unique. He's the only one with purple hair!

No one likes that, honestly! There's my super-unpopular opinion for you, huh?

Ohmygosh, I forgot about Donnel. What is wrong with me? :\

Okay, so we now have four compared to the girls' six... wait, not including the Spotpass six, which makes white-haired Morgan pretty commonplace (Henry, Walhart and Yen'fay for a male, Aversa or Henry's daughter for a female).

In before Rey comments about him hating them.

It's honestly the only one that I dislike more than Chrom x Olivia. Because it has the *TIME* for development unlike the former... and yet executes it more horribly than said former, despite TE saying that Chrom's lines in the story only confession scene with Olivia was about as horrible and sounds like something from one of my dreams.

All of the other options Olivia has are pretty heartwarming. Yes, even Kellam. Despite how horrendously impractical Donny x Olivia is in a no-grind run because of lol base stats... The Leanne x Naesala reference was golden... too bad that got taken out in English.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's honestly the only one that I dislike more than Chrom x Olivia. Because it has the *TIME* for development unlike the former... and yet executes it more horribly than said former.

All of the other options Olivia has are pretty heartwarming. Yes, even Kellam. Despite how horrendously impractical Donny x Olivia is in a no-grind run because of lol base stats... The Leanne x Naesala reference was golden... too bad that got taken out in English.

Ouch.

Agreed on the part about Olivia's other supports, though I need to see more of them.

Not at all really, I just go with my favorite pairings (Avatar x Cordelia, Virion x Sully, and Gaius x Sumia) and then do whatever the hell I feel like for the other pairs. (Although I usually go for Chrom x Oliva because I like Inigo with Chrom's hair plus Inigo's father support works well with Chrom IMO, and Gregor x Lissa for the sole purpose of Armsthrift on Owain.)

Edited by Kamina

The only real "optimized" pairings I have in my game are Sumia/Fred and Gaius/Nowi. The former is because it's a beautiful pairing, and the latter was a pair-the-spares bid. 8U

Donnel/Olivia is best.

YES. I level-grind like a boss (lolhard mode), so low bases aren't even an issue with me. 8D;

The only real "optimized" pairings I have in my game are Sumia/Fred and Gaius/Nowi. The former is because it's a beautiful pairing, and the latter was a pair-the-spares bid. 8U

YES. I level-grind like a boss (lolhard mode), so low bases aren't even an issue with me. 8D;

The irony of that is Frederick is listed as Sumia's worst option second to Gaius, and Gaius works better on Noire. XD

The irony of that is Frederick is listed as Sumia's worst option second to Gaius, and Gaius works better on Noire. XD

Gaius is her best option

Except Sumia is better off with terrible father like Henry >_>

Wait. He is? I'm guessing this has to do with Vantage, doesn't it?

Gaius is great for Cynthia (Vantage, mods) but bad for the team composition (-1 Galeforce).

Though, I'd submit that I think Chrom giving her Luna+Aether is comparable.

Oops. That shows how well I know about optimization. 8U; But if Gaius goes to Noire, and Donnel goes to Kjelle, who gives Nah Galeforce? Not My Unit?