• ...my own character // my OC.
    • ...just another character.
    • ...just a very powerful unit.
    • ...just another unit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Avatar as an original character that I am OK playing. But I don’t relate to him significantly. Maybe because of my Dungeon and Dragons characters (1st ed WOOHOO) who have essentially have a way different view of life than the Avatar. The characters that I play are chaotic neutral, cowardly thieves who sneak around, knock people out, strip search them and loot their bodies and proceeds to strip their lair of everything valuable. Though they care deeply for their teammates, anyone outside of their group is fair game. Compare this to the goodly honorable tactician...

So who wants to join my group? lots of chaos and fun to go around!

Kinda like the Trueblade animation shadowofchaos made for the GBA Critical Video.

Screw that thing. SCREW that thing. It never existed. No. I refuse to acknowledge its existence.

It should burn in the fires of hell.

Just because you mentioned that unholy thing:

Edited by shadowofchaos

Screw that thing. SCREW that thing. It never existed. No. I refuse to acknowledge its existence.

It should burn in the fires of hell.

Just because you mentioned that unholy thing:

Sumimasen. But my back-up waifu is Sairi. And i don't really care if you linked that video.

Edited by Blitzzurger96

Basically an OC. That's how I view both my male and female avatars. That said, I'll admit that I'll play around a bit more with the personality than I probably should, just to make the character more 'mine' in my head canon.

...Basically, I pretend to switch avatars during scenes where the avatar is saying something that's contradictory to the personality I imagine. I'm weird, sorry.

Occasionally I make him/her an original character, but for the most part they are all heroes from other RPG's/games. Shulk, Sharla, Nephenee, Link, Rikku, Terra, Washu, etc...

So I consider them another character.

Other times I have made the avatar based on something I just saw/read. For example, when Damian Wayne died in the comics, I named my avatar Damian and made him a thief, use the small sprite model. After seeing the Wolverine, I made the avatar named Mariko and had her wield a sword.

But I always treat and think of them as another character/unit. Thus, I don't get really tied to who they marry.

A main character with a customizable appearance.

Basically this. My first Avatar was my self-insert and that was fun the first time around. But all the runs after have always been just a main character i can pick what they look like. I mostly model them (somewhat) after favorite characters of mine in fiction. I play as male and female. (But i think i have one more male Avatar more than i do a female...) I usually do have them marry characters i like more than maximization except that time one guy married Nowi. (but i still kinda like her)

Self insert because I'm uncreative when it comes to character customization, I don't like the default look, and the default name makes me want to say "holy *Insert word here* Gerome Batman" whenever the Avatar fights.(Also one of the Avatar's hairstyles looks a lot like mine so why not?)

Edited by Kamina

I originally intended her to be an OC.

I expected she would be treated as the straight man to everyone else's insanity, so I called her Kiff and decided to play her like him. Needless to say, with her being praised to the heavens for no apparent reason and pursuing plans that make no sense, she ended up more as a Zapp Brannigan.

Quite frankly, the mere idea of her being supposed to be my Avatar is tummy ache inducing since she registers as Neutral Evil in my book and gave me little reason to think she couldn't have just as easily followed Gangrel or Wallhart if they would have been the ones to find her.

Edited by BrightBow

I think he's just a character who I can tweak a little. He's a tad boring and perhaps a little too perfect, but I did't find him that offensive.

The fire attack is a bit weird considering how Micky was criticised for it, but I never thought the Avatar crossed some moral line when he used the fire attack.

Fire attacks are just a military tactic which has been used a lot in history. Its brutal, but I don't know if I would describe every user of those kind of tactics evil.

... ... Oh, god, you're probably right.

Considering the amount of waifu-ism/hasubando-ism out there for this game, probably is a bit of an understatement.

Edited by Canto