What game got you into gaming?

blyegg

So, I've been wondering...

What game got you guys into gaming?

Do you still enjoy that game even now?

For me, my first ever game was Pokemon Firered...

My cousin was playing on his GBA (I forgot which one) and I asked if I could play, and I was, like, mesmerized by the awesomeness.

Then, few months later, I get a GBA SP for my birthday, with Firered.

So, for me, Firered.

How about you guys?

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching my Mother play Sonic The Hedgehog 2 when I was 3 years old and I've been playing games ever since.

Mario 3 and Contra were also early games that got me into the whole thing

Edited by Jedi

Tetris. On a disk. I am THAT old.

I'm older, nya nya.

Or I think a long time back your age was revealed and I was older.

I was brought into gaming by Apple2e gems like Sammy Lightfoot and Montezuma's Revenge. And some Mickey Mouse going to planets and moons in our solar system game.

A lot of games probably were my "gateway game" but the one I can remember the most was Kirby's Adventure. How the hell do I have difficulty with the boss rush in that game now when I could do it so well as a kid.

Edited by The Batter

When I was 3 my dad bought me a Gameboy,my very first game was Super Star Saga,and even before that when I was 2,my dad had a NES and I played co-op Contra with him,even though i sucked,my dad does not do it anymore with me and says I'm too addicted with electronics *le sad face*

Guest meibum

Perhaps Spyro 1 for the ps1.

I was too young to really remember which game I first played :P I played a lot.

I loved pokemon the most so, maybe that got me into it :P

In short, people bought me video games

I played them

I've been playing all my life

the end

Pokemon Red- Got me into games, but also made me way better at RPGs than other genres of games, which isn't good because RPG's are for nerds unless they come from CoD only MACHO people play that. Also RPG's take way more time to speedrun. Regardless, it was fun and rocked my world almost as much as the TV show did.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2- Old PC game, made by the same people who made Gears Of Wars, even though the gameplay is more like Metal Slug crossed with Mario. And it had great PvP. Yeah, it was really awesome.

Shining Force- I owned Sega Smash Pack 2 on the PC, and the first time I played this, I thought it was well, boring. Then I got sick of the other games because I sucked at them so much, even if Sonic 2 and Comix Zone were great fun even when I sucked. So I went back to this and started playing it...and playing it more and holy shit I was addicted (even though I sucked at it). Good times, good times.

Sonic R- SHUT UP

Crash Bandicoot 3/Spyro The Dragon- My friend loaned me these games when I had a PS2 with barely anything on it (except Treasure Planet, that was a great game too), and they really got me into console gaming and 3D platformers with their interesting worlds, unique levels, and surprisingly good soundtracks. Although I liked Crash Bandicoot more because I sucked at collecting all of the macguffins in Spyro.

Kingdom Hearts- First Square game, really got me more interested in JRPGs and the like as a whole even though a) it was an action RPG and b) I played Pokemon like 10 years ago and that apparently didn't do it for me or something. Also I really was missing something more visceral with my other games, and KH delivered to me on that front. Also I like became really good at it or something I dunno.

Castlevania on the original Game Boy. Life hasn't been the same since.

There, there, you can show on this doll where "The Adventure" touched you.

that's the only kind of changing life scenario I can envision that game being in

BEST GAME EVER

Edit Also guys did you know Capcom is going to be making a new Strider game and holy shit it's going to be like the freakin' best thing ever SO HYPED

Edited by Refa

BEST GAME EVER

Edit Also guys did you know Capcom is going to be making a new Strider game and holy shit it's going to be like the freakin' best thing ever SO HYPED

ohmygodholyshitihopeitdoesntgetfuckedoverbycapcomgettingblownup

ohmygodholyshitihopeitdoesntgetfuckedoverbycapcomgettingblownup

Here is link to unreliable the source! ALSO HOPING THE SAME I was so sad that MML3 died. :(

http://kotaku.com/the-new-strider-game-is-a-classic-reborn-1354841695

EDIT Wow, that source is kind of STOOPID. The original Striders weren't metroidvanias!

Edited by Refa