What game got you into gaming?

blyegg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Mario Bros on the NES (I had the copy that was bundled with Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet).

This would also be my answer except for the world track meet part.

Crash Bandicoot from Playstation 1. It was crazy playing it along with seeing my brother play it.

The NES was the 1st console I spent alot of time playing. Even though the SNES was in its prime at the time, and my older brother had one, I used to go to my cousin's house to play Super Mario Bros, Mega Man 2, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 almost every day. There were a bunch more games he had but those 3 were the ones we played the most. We never beat any of them but later in my life I did eventually beat them all.

I played Tetris in school in the 2nd grade but I dont think it had a big impact on me.

My 1st RPG ever was Final Fantasy 7. I remember watch my older brother play it and I instantly fell in love.

This was all 16-18 years ago children. Before you high-school kids were even born. Fuckin good times.

Im gonna go cry now.

Pokemon Diamond for me. I don't like it that much anymore because Platinum is better. My little Turtwig was awesome even though I never used him again even after doing at least five more runs of sinnoh games.

Super Mario Galaxy. I'd played many games, before, mostly FIFA and random movie tie-ins. After completing Galaxy that's when I first started to properly play games and follow the games industry on the whole. Since then, Nintendo has been the gateway to all my favourite gaming experiences. I want to expand my range of games, but then another Mario or Pokemon or Zelda or something comes out and I'm sucked back in.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1

Well, I think it is that one. I don't have the CD case available at the moment.

I wonder if this game is the best or the worst PC game for a kid which probably couldn't even read. Technically it's a giant toy box with a whole planet to play with.

On the other hand: "What's a parking break and how do I release it?" Also, the arrow keys on a keyboard aren't the best way to fly a plane.

Otherwise I guess it should be Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

Since I actually beat that one fair and square. I played through WarCraft II with the invincibility cheat on since I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

Edited by BrightBow

post-7654-0-63201900-1381094073_thumb.png

Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup on the original xbox.

I like small pictures. Its not like I don't know how to make them bigger or anything

Edited by Siegmund

Most likely Mario 64. Exploring 3d worlds for the first time back in the 90's was really something. The levels seemed so big and ambitious when I first played them, but now they seem more like playgrounds. Still love the game to this day.