How come I'm seeing so many young(er) people on SF these days...?

Ahh well, the internet and technology as we know it appeared in the year 2000*. So I suppose the 90's kids (that includes me) was the first group that experienced growing up with the internet and thus most acquainted and willing to adapt to the technology. I guess that the reason why we 90's kids feel old is that now the millennials, the 2nd generation of new internet users are finally surging into the ranks of Serene Forest, causing us to realize that we are not as youngest and tech savvy of them all.

* I mean stuff like cell phones and computers becoming more readily available to everyone and all these new internet websites being launched. The start of the “modern internet” so to speak

I am in no way qualified in any field of history so don't quote me on any of this.

This is the 2nd information age kiddos! First was the telegram! Now it is the internet!

I would like the input from the 80's and 70's kids and what their take on this is and being exposed to the internet when your already 30-40, I am sure chat forums existed earlier than the 2000s, but from my trips down internet memory lane (internet archive) reveals it was all ugly plain websites and bare bone chat rooms in the 90's, the same coloring as the 90's era clothes. At least the 70's had style...

Edited by sifer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of you are even remotely old. Wait until you get to my age!

I'm like two months younger than you. That's 8572949194750928432095708174012 * googleplex^googleplex.

Was 19 when I joined.

I'm 22 now.

And I'm an uncle since last year.

I feel really old.

Ahh well, the internet and technology as we know it appeared in the year 2000*. So I suppose the 90's kids (that includes me) was the first group that experienced growing up with the internet and thus most acquainted and willing to adapt to the technology. I guess that the reason why we 90's kids feel old is that now the millennials, the 2nd generation of new internet users are finally surging into the ranks of Serene Forest, causing us to realize that we are not as youngest and tech savvy of them all.

* I mean stuff like cell phones and computers becoming more readily available to everyone and all these new internet websites being launched. The start of the “modern internet” so to speak

I am in no way qualified in any field of history so don't quote me on any of this.

This is the 2nd information age kiddos! First was the telegram! Now it is the internet!

I would like the input from the 80's and 70's kids and what their take on this is and being exposed to the internet when your already 30-40, I am sure chat forums existed earlier than the 2000s, but from my trips down internet memory lane (internet archive) reveals it was all ugly plain websites and bare bone chat rooms in the 90's, the same coloring as the 90's era clothes. At least the 70's had style...

We European have a difference between all these Kids who doesn't even now there was another money than Euro.

So, all those 2000s Children really makes me feels old

Edited by shyteddie

Obligatory "get off my lawn" :P:

[spoiler=Long Post]

Really? where is the poll that says that? Well that is fine as long as the pop from COD doesn't come here. (tf2 fan base bias)

as long as their chill and at least 13 I a fine.

What? your 17 and I am 19 were both still young and in our prime of our lives. The median age of this forum is 19 I think so your the youngin!

No poll; just a trend I noticed.

I am young. I'm just not among the youngest anymore, unlike when I first joined about a year ago.

Whenever I look at a day's birthdays I usually see ages in the 20s.

True... Because most of the members here are around that age, I suppose...

I've only seen one 12 year old. It feels weird seeing a birthday with the year 2000 in it.

I saw a few. Like 4 or 5 members or something.

It's kind of weird, but hey, most of them are good posters, so whatever. The exception was that gim lewis guy.

He was rather annoying, yes.

None of you are even remotely old. Wait until you get to my age!

But Shin. You're not old either!

Well, at least they haven't discovered alcohol, right.

>_> You're under 21, too, you know.

Wasn't Cam like, twelve, when he first joined?

And I was just thirteen.

(god we were so cute then omg)

ohmy_zps57ba9b7a.png

And I was just fourteen when I let the FE4THREAD have its ways with me...

"Have its ways with me."

>Suggesting that it defiled you? >_>

Well, I was 13 when I joi-oh wait.

You silly...

lol this makes me feel uncomfy nowi wondered if i were 8 and joined..

The only thing I'm slightly uncomfortable about is not the fact that you're 12, but how you fail to punctuate and capitalize at least somewhat consistently.

OP, you don't get to say you're old when you're still in your teens :P

But I didn't say I was old! I said that I felt old! "Sort of."

its amusing when a 17 yr old says he feels old. :3

Yes, but I'm not the among the youngest anymore. D:

Not just Serenes Forest, but the Internet in general.

As long as we don't get any more rabid 13 year old fanboys at increasing intervals, not keeping their hormones in check, then I'm fine with this trend.

True, true. Especially the "rabid" and "hormones" parts.

As long as we don't get any more rabid 13 year old fanboys at increasing intervals, not keeping their hormones in check, then I'm fine with this trend.

this may sound stupid but what do you mean by keeping their hormones in check?

this may sound stupid but what do you mean by keeping their hormones in check?

I think he's referring to something that happened before you joined (or somewhere around that time frame).

Welcome to my world, OP. The users of this forum have been consistently younger than myself ever since i joined. The exception tends to be Superbus whos actually a wee bit older than me.

Is it still a typo when you make it twice in a row?

I was teasing you :P. I noted in the thread “what is it like to be a mod, admin” that you said you were quite the perfectionist.

I purposely made the same mistake when I made that second post to see if you would revise it. Though I did not mean to misspell “writing” though, you got me on that :). Well, it was a fun derail and now I actually do take time to proofread my posts.

Edited by sifer

I was teasing you :P. I noted in the thread “what is it like to be a mod, admin” that you said you were quite the perfectionist.

I purposely made the same mistake when I made that second post to see if you would revise it. Though I did not mean to misspell “writing” though, you got me on that :). Well, it was a fun derail and now I actually do take time to proofread my posts.

I was talking to Refa just then, but I'm glad you started.