[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

@teddie: That's why you should teach him Secret Sword. :D

@Sylphid: Added to the main list~ ^^

And no, it isn't that difficult to EV train your pokémon in this game. The SuperTraining is a really nice feature, yep.

You can totally ignore IVs if you don't want to put to much effort in it, but at least the nature should be the right one.

It's not too difficult to pick your nature of choice once you've got a lot of Ditto of various natures: you just give the Everstone to one of them and it'll transfer its nature to the children 100% of the times. // saying this for whoever is interested in making a competitive team~

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@teddie: That's why you should teach him Secret Sword. :D

@Sylphid: Added to the main list~ ^^

And no, it isn't that difficult to EV train your pokémon in this game. The SuperTraining is a really nice feature, yep.

You can totally ignore IVs if you don't want to put to much effort in it, but at least the nature should be the right one.

It's not too difficult to pick your nature of choice once you've got a lot of Ditto of various natures: you just give the Everstone to one of them and it'll transfer its nature to the children 100% of the times. // saying this for whoever is interested in making a competitive team~

Well, it wasn't high leveled enough...

Just had a wonderful multiple battle with Andy (a friend of mine) against Kon and Kevin. :)

It was really funny!

I've uploaded the battle if you want to see it: VGLG-WWWW-WWWX-Y53V

Also, updated the first post with the newest codes.

That first line cracked me up xD wiping ice tea from my monitor wasn't fun though

Sure, I'll challenge you from time to time =)

I doubt the outcome will be much different, but who cares. I would have 1HKO'd that Gengar with little more Attack though

btw, your PR video was cool

That first line cracked me up xD wiping ice tea from my monitor wasn't fun though

Sure, I'll challenge you from time to time =)

I doubt the outcome will be much different, but who cares. I would have 1HKO'd that Gengar with little more Attack though

btw, your PR video was cool

Ahahahah :)

Well if you had put your Blaziken right away, you'd have spared the three pokémon you put before him. ;P

The more you fight, the more experience you get, and the more experience you get, the stronger you become. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, because every loss tells you what you should improve, and every win what you have done right. So I'll be happy to fight with you and anybody else, even only for fun, because that'll make us better trainers in any case~

And thanks. :) Yours was cool too. I liked the idea of using the same movement with different angles and backgrounds!

Don't think anybody has actually asked, but would anybody like a battle using our story teams? I'm pretty bored of catching Dittos trying to get different natures and having them all end up being hardy ;_;

Don't think anybody has actually asked, but would anybody like a battle using our story teams? I'm pretty bored of catching Dittos trying to get different natures and having them all end up being hardy ;_;

Give me a minute okay..?

Any particular restrictions..?

Hmm, my story team is half of my competitive team, so... I can try to choose some random ones if you want?

Anyway to catch more Dittos you can:

a) Use the pokéradar and its chaining function

b) Have ily in your friend list, since that safari has Ditto. :)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

b) Have Vicious Sal in your friend list, since in his safari he has Ditto! :)

Wait what? WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE?

Anything really. I'm only saying story because I haven't got a competitive team yet. I fully expect to lose to anybody who has a semi-competitive team though, but as long as it's fun!

EDIT: Where's the Pokereader? ;_:

Edited by DodgeDusk

Anything really. I'm only saying story because I haven't got a competitive team yet. I fully expect to lose to anybody who has a semi-competitive team though, but as long as it's fun!

Okay then...

Let's add each other and go..

*it was somebody that I don't know, not Falco

my bad. >.<

Anyway you can get the pokéradar in Sycamore's lab, from one of the assistants.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Well if you had put your Blaziken right away, you'd have spared the three pokémon you put before him. ;P

The more you fight, the more experience you get, and the more experience you get, the stronger you become. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, because every loss tells you what you should improve, and every win what you have done right. So I'll be happy to fight with you and anybody else, even only for fun, because that'll make us better trainers in any case~

And thanks. :) Yours was cool too. I liked the idea of using the same movement with different angles and backgrounds!

Yeah, I really should have done that. I was hoping one of my speedier mons would have been able to outspeed that Gengar, which is why I used the other 3 first.

After checking base stats I learnt that was stupid

That's true, in hindsight I think I learnt a valuable lesson from our battle: only my rl friends have the thought pattern of the game AI

Thanks^^ I got the idea when checking through all the options. Though I think it makes the video a bit cluttered. I'm too lazy to change it anymore

@Dusk: Hopefully that offer will be up later too, since I would like to do that tomorrow. I also have only my in-story team atm you shall face the fury of mah Furfrou

Yeah, I really should have done that. I was hoping one of my speedier mons would have been able to outspeed that Gengar, which is why I used the other 3 first.

After checking base stats I learnt that was stupid

That's true, in hindsight I think I learnt a valuable lesson from our battle

Glad of it. ^^ And yeah, Gengar is quite speedy.

I think mine at lv.100 would have 389-340 speed, since it's timid nature with 19-20 IVs in that stat.

only my rl friends have the thought pattern of the game AI

lol

@Dodge & Bre-Z: Have fun you two! Why don't you share one of your battles if you save them? :)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

*it was somebody that I don't know, not Falco

my bad. >.<

Anyway you can get the pokéradar in Sycamore's lab, from one of the assistants.

Cheers

@Dusk: Hopefully that offer will be up later too, since I would like to do that tomorrow. I also have only my in-story team atm you shall face the fury of mah Furfrou

Sweet. Oh no Furfrou that thing nearly destroyed my team early game ;_;

Well here's the code

AB4W-WWWW-WWWX-L4YJ

If there's an easier way to do this please tell me

Hm, nope, it's the only way. XD

*sees the video*

Wow that was exciting...

But why did Justin use Leech Seed twice on Gogoat? :0

And didn't Aurorus have a rock-type move? :0

anyway it was interesting, thanks for sharing! ^^

Added video to the first post~