[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to DIttos, its the luck of the draw. Its like that time I pulled a few lucky Spacial Rends and Aeroblasts when using lol metronome. My opponent got so pissed off.

Very fun fight though; and it looks like all four of us got to use Megas technically since Ditto transformed into Mega Charizard Y. Nearly killed us all....

Yeah, that's what I thought until I remembered you still had your Greninja~

I've had Self-Destruct pulled from Metronome several times...I guess I'm just unlucky when it comes to this game

Edited by Kinumi

there are exceptions, though that has declined now that pokemon generally have better coverage

yes well Leaf Storm/Solarbeam/Giga Drain and co are definitely not these exceptions

and of course that was supposed to be general advice

Leaf Storm and Solarbeam are to compensate for Bellossom's sp. attack not being as high as my other sp. attackers. It DOES have a modest nature (which is +sp. attack and - attack), but still. And Giga Drain is for healing and further damage. Solarbeam is also for my Sunny Day + Chlorophyll + Solarbeam combo. Set up the sun, and Bellossom starts speeding out one-turn Solarbeams!

Edited by Anacybele

Leaf Storm and Solarbeam are to compensate for Bellossom's sp. attack not being as high as my other sp. attackers. It DOES have a modest nature (which is +sp. attack and - attack), but still. And Giga Drain is for healing and further damage. Solarbeam is also for my Sunny Day + Chlorophyll + Solarbeam combo. Set up the sun, and Bellossom starts speeding out one-turn Solarbeams!

Still, 3 moves of same type is really impractical, because that way you can't deal as many types as you could.

For example, my Bellossom has Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb and Dazzling Gleam, which gives it fairly nice coverage for in-game purposes.

Anyways, if you're using Sunny Day + Solar Beam combo, you don't really need Leaf Storm. Or vice versa.

Anyways, if you're using Sunny Day + Solar Beam combo, you don't really need Leaf Storm. Or vice versa.

I guess this is true. What would I replace it with then? I'll have to figure out something. Dazzling Gleam would be nice, but I already have a Fairy type on my team.

I guess this is true. What would I replace it with then? I'll have to figure out something. Dazzling Gleam would be nice, but I already have a Fairy type on my team.

Well, Bellossom's movepool is really limited, so if you don't want a Fairy type move, then you'll pretty much have to go with Poison-type.

So Venoshock or Sludge Bomb. Personally I would say Sludge Bomb, but Venoshock deals doubled damage to poisoned enemies, so you could go with Toxic + Venoshock I guess.

It's not a bad idea to have multiple of the same attack types on different Pokemon in your team. That way, if Sylveon gets KO'd, you would still have Bellossom to go against things weak to Fairy. That, and Fairy is a pretty good attack type from what I understand.

Well, Bellossom's movepool is really limited, so if you don't want a Fairy type move, then you'll pretty much have to go with Poison-type.

So Venoshock or Sludge Bomb. Personally I would say Sludge Bomb, but Venoshock deals doubled damage to poisoned enemies, so you could go with Toxic + Venoshock I guess.

I originally had this, actually. But I replaced Venoshock with Solarbeam because I was recommended Solarbeam. I guess I really should've replaced Leaf Storm. xP

I'll go with Dazzling Gleam though. Fairy is a pretty good attacking type.

Edited by Anacybele

I originally had this, actually. But I replaced Venoshock with Solarbeam because I was recommended Solarbeam. I guess I really should've replaced Leaf Storm. xP

I'll go with Dazzling Gleam though. Fairy is a pretty good attacking type.

Oh, ok.

Personally I think you made the right choice.

Is anyone able to do casual battle with me?

Edited by Sylphid

I'm Amoret. I'll poke you for a battle then.

Thanks for the battle, it was really fun!

Say, would you like to try out rotation battle with same teams?

EDIT: yeah, it saved me

Edited by Sylphid

sounds like you needed a Talonflame

I had Mega Charizard Y. Its what finally brought it down.

@Woody: Sorry, I'm currently training and testing my Eevee team. So can't battle for now.

Edited by Silver Lightning