[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

Just finished making dinner and gotta wait for it to cook; anyone want to have a casual battle (Story team) with me while I wait?

Don't worry, I fully expect to get my ass handed to me since I haven't fought anything other than the AI for the last three years...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if Mega Ampharos didn't end working out on Dragalage, I wouldn't have known what else to do, since my Gardevoir is so very fragile to poison now.

And since Aurorus was your last pokemon and my Charizard was in the red, I was curious to see if it would survive a Blast Burn in the face with Blaze and STAB support. It did! That was pretty amazing! :D

And lol my Golurk didn't last a turn. Very unlucky switch that was.

Was a fun battle! Can't remember the last time I felt that rush...

Edited by Silver Lightning

I'm planning out an all out attacking set for Garchomp with Earthquake, Outrage and Fire Blast. The last move is going to be either Iron Head or Poison Jab to hit Fairies.

Which of the two would be better? Iron Head is going to require way more breeding, while Poison Jab has worse coverage but is more convenient.

Gotta set up a team before the hype dies down.

Don't wanna get walled by Steel types.

If I can get an Aron or Shieldon, I'll commit to Iron Head.

But you have Earthquake.

Actually the only Steel types that come to mind that could wall him are Ferrothorn, Scizor or Skarmory, but only the latter could be an actual treat.

If you're running an Adamant nature you must consider that you also have less spatk (and Garchomp isn't that great in spatk to begin with).

Just had some matches against Fruity Insanity.

They were really fun! :))

The double battle especially was epic. I've saved it, but I won't share it if you don't want to.

who said that Choice Banded Talonflame isn't good?

And yeah, I forgot to remove its Lucky Egg in the first match

Edit: Oh wow, double post. I always forget to check if the last one is mine. è_è

My apologies for that.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Just had some matches against Fruity Insanity.

They were really fun! :))

The double battle especially was epic. I've saved it, but I won't share it if you don't want to.

who said that Choice Banded Talonflame isn't good?

And yeah, I forgot to remove its Lucky Egg in the first match

Edit: Oh wow, double post. I always forget to check if the last one is mine. è_è

My apologies for that.

I did okay in the first one... But you crushed me in the Single Battle. :P But then again, I practice in Double more... which is why I Master-ranked Battle Institute's Double Battle option, attempt one. But I only Super-ranked Single Battle, attempt one.

Eh, you can share it. I don't mind, lol.

AND TRADE ME SOME POKÉMON!!!

I sent you a PM.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Don't wanna get walled by Steel types.

If I can get an Aron or Shieldon, I'll commit to Iron Head.

Garchomp probably will do more damage with fire fang, which is also more accurate, so i'd use it instead.

Fire Blast is significantly more powerfull against Skarmory, even with a - Special Attack nature and no investment.

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 107-127 (32.72 - 38.83%) -- 6.88% chance to 3HKO

252 +Atk Life Orb Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 117-138 (35.77 - 42.2%) -- 90.87% chance to 3HKO

0 -SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 198-234 (60.55 - 71.55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It deals less damage against Ferrothorn, but it's a 2hko anyways.

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 260-307 (73.86 - 87.21%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Ferrothorn: 229-270 (65.05 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scizor is OHKOed either way.

All done with a Jolly nature to outspeed every Fairy except Whimsicott. Fire Blast's 110 bp is accounted for.

Is anyone free for a casual battle against my in-game party?

Preferably within the next half an hour?

I'll battle. I might be a bit slow with some of my responses due to RPing but I'll try to be as quick as possible

Ok, thanks. Is single ok?

Sure. I'm on now so invite me when you're on. The name's Dusk (I should have you since we're both on the friend safari thread)

EDIT: Good game! Completely forgot Blaziken could learn earthquake ]:

Edited by DodgeDusk

Sure. I'm on now so invite me when you're on. The name's Dusk (I should have you since we're both on the friend safari thread)

EDIT: Good game! Completely forgot Blaziken could learn earthquake ]:

Thanks, it was fun!

I taught Earthquake to it just little before the battle (got the TM some time today), so even I forgot it had it. I could have used Shadow Claw too though.

I was really afraid of that Garchomp of yours! Only mon that could hit it good enough was my Greninja, and it would have died if I had switched it in carelessly. I was on edge until I was sure he was faster.

Furfrou was pretty useless, as expected xD

Also, the switching fest at the beginning was intense xD

btw, what does "evaluated by Judge" mean in the various tidbits you see about yourself/the opponent when choosing actions?

Thanks, it was fun!

I taught Earthquake to it just little before the battle (got the TM some time today), so even I forgot it had it. I could have used Shadow Claw too though.

I was really afraid of that Garchomp of yours! Only mon that could hit it good enough was my Greninja, and it would have died if I had switched it in carelessly. I was on edge until I was sure he was faster.

Furfrou was pretty useless, as expected xD

Also, the switching fest at the beginning was intense xD

btw, what does "evaluated by Judge" mean in the various tidbits you see about yourself/the opponent when choosing actions?

Soon as Delphox died I knew it was game over. My only hope was if Blastoise killed your Blaziken and your Greninja was somehow killed by something else (maybe Florges). Didn't know thunderbolt would've done that much to Blastoise either! And yeah switch shenanigans are the best kind of shenanigans

No idea sorry

Soon as Delphox died I knew it was game over. My only hope was if Blastoise killed your Blaziken and your Greninja was somehow killed by something else (maybe Florges). Didn't know thunderbolt would've done that much to Blastoise either! And yeah switch shenanigans are the best kind of shenanigans

No idea sorry

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that Blastoise at all cost (Megas are scary). Actually, Furfrou was good for getting killed and allowing Meowstic to be switched in between attacks. I was also surprised about how much damage I dealt with that Thunderbolt. (After checking the super training screen, my meowstic seems really blessed with sp.atk EVs, so that explains it)

That Florges was another scary one, because I didn't have a reliable counter against it. It was really effective at taking those various special attacks I tried to throw at your Garchomp =)

We need to do that again some time =)

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that Blastoise at all cost (Megas are scary). Actually, Furfrou was good for getting killed and allowing Meowstic to be switched in between attacks. I was also surprised about how much damage I dealt with that Thunderbolt. (After checking the super training screen, my meowstic seems really blessed with sp.atk EVs, so that explains it)

That Florges was another scary one, because I didn't have a reliable counter against it. It was really effective at taking those various special attacks I tried to throw at your Garchomp =)

We need to do that again some time =)

Agreed. And next time my EV trained Absol will feed my revenge!