Irysa

What's your policy on promotion?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your policy on promotion?

• ASAP - As soon as they are 10 or better and have a promotion item
    • Midway - Usually around about 14 to 15
    • Late as possible - Always at 20
    • I use stat benchmarks as a guide
    • Screw using unpromoted units, sell all the promotion items!
    • Other

For all guys who votes for "Late as possible - Always at 20". You are even promoting Heath, Oswin and Franz at 20 level ?

I didn't, but yes, I promote at 20 almost all the time (exceptions being in Awakening, as stated before, or in RD if a unit caps enough stats).

I honestly can't remember the last time I promoted at level 20, other than like one of Alance in FE6 because the 2nd Knight Crest comes so late compared to how much I use them.

I feel like the guaranteed promotional gains far outweigh the potential couple of stats I could get, since I promote around 13 ~ 16. As long as their key stats(Str/Spd mostly) are mid-10s they're good to go in my eyes.

Edited by PKLucas531

I feel like the guaranteed promotional gains far outweigh the potential couple of stats I could get, since I promote around 13 ~ 16. As long as their key stats(Str/Spd mostly) are mid-10s they're good to go in my eyes.

Pretty much this

\

Like that one time when a unit that I forgot who have liek capped Speed before 20. Instant promo go!

It is easier to get to level 20/10 than it is to get to level 10/20, and your stats won't be much different. And a level 10/20 character can't get any more experience, while a level 20/10 character can.

I suppose, if you max out three stats at level 15, it might be more practical to promote then than get the extra five levels, but the RNG makes it pretty unlikely that you'll max out three stats at or before level 15.

It is easier to get to level 20/10 than it is to get to level 10/20, and your stats won't be much different. And a level 10/20 character can't get any more experience, while a level 20/10 character can.

I suppose, if you max out three stats at level 15, it might be more practical to promote then than get the extra five levels, but the RNG makes it pretty unlikely that you'll max out three stats at or before level 15.

Tell me, in which FE game few better stats in lategame are better than extra movement, extra time to gain weapon ranks and extra points of useful stats.

MHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!!! YOU LIE! WHEN YOU FIRST TIME PLAY FE7 YOU HAD PROMOTED WALLACE AT 12 LEVEL!!! HAHAHHAHAH!!! LIAR!!!

What if I had downloaded a save file with Lyn Hard Mode unlocked?

Or did this:

Break forced movement

(This trick also works in The Sacred Stones)

Whenever an unit is forced to make a movement, hold A, B, start, select, and any direction on the D pad to break free from having to follow the move. To avoid resetting the game, I recommend holding three of the buttons and a D pad direction before pressing the fourth.

A major use for this is to skip Wallace's promotion in Lyn's story (Normal mode). When you select Wallace, break free from the forced movement and make him (or another character) visit the nearby village. This will make his promotion event end without him promoting. A side effect is that you cannot press the B button before the promotion event ends.

:smug: