Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

No matter who we lynch today, we have a hook. If we lynch anyone but bear, bear has it. If we lynch bear, Euklyd has it.

No matter who we lynch today, your doc action is barely relevant if at all. Because you are probably being hooked, and if you're not there's a 50% chance that we get doublekilled and lose anyway assuming my IPV isn't the cause of MYLO

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=sidenote - this pisses me off]

if bear is mafia he deserves to win tbh

I'm really sick of people saying "if X is scum (s)he deserves to win"; like, it's not said much but it pisses me off.

they idled fsr?

Euklyd was pretty convinced they would

It's what I would do if I were scum. Frame Marth, let a mislynch happen, kill someone, win.

I guess we can
lynch Elie -> hook me -> choose who to lynch tomorrow,
if you really want to.

HOWEVER
If we assume that today is MYLO because if I get targeted by an item I die, then scum!Bear could hook me, hit me with an item, and NightKill either of Paperblade or Marth for a win.

Basically if you think that I am more likely to be scum than Bear, then you should do that, and if you think that Bear is more likely to be scum than me, then we should
lynch Bear -> hook Elie -> lynch Elie.

For me, I know that I'm town, so I obviously lean towards the second option.
Can I cast my vote, or is there anything left to discuss?

Like, basically you need to lynch Elie or me if you think I'm scum (and still have the Witch Program), and you need to lynch Bear if you think he's scum.

I know that I'm not scum, so I'm really not seeing much point to me not voting.

If we assume that today is MYLO because if I get targeted by an item I die, then scum!Bear could hook me, hit me with an item, and NightKill either of Paperblade or Marth for a win.

This is a concern pretty much no matter who we lynch today

Lynching not-bear means bear wins if he's scum

Lynching not-you means you win if you're scum

Lynching not-Elieson means that the other not-Elieson person wins

If Bear is scum:

Lynching Bear means Town instawins.

Lynching me means LYLO or MYLO or something.

Lynching Elieson means Bear wins (hits me with an item).

If I were scum (and, assuming worst-case scenario, have a Witch Program):

Lynching Bear means that we go to LYLO or MYLO (depending on if I idle the kill).

Lynching me means Town instawins.

Lynching Elieson means that you go into MYLO because I get Hooked.

If Elieson is scum:

Lynching Bear means MYLO (I Hook Elie)

Lynching me means MYLO (Bear Hooks Elie).

Lynching Elieson means that town instawins.

(If Marth is scum, then any move besides lynching me or him means he wins.)

BY THE WAY

IF I had it, I could not trigger the Witch Program without another person targeting my target. So I couldn't even use it to kill someone without cooperation from another player. The only player left whose action could successfully set it off would be Bear, because Elieson would block it because he's a Doc.

So, FMPOV, lynching Bear wins every time.

So, FMPOV, lynching Bear wins every time.

*So, FMPOV, lynching Bear wins every time because we go from there to lynching Elieson.

Still could be MYLO, I guess.

I am assuming that Marth is Town.

It's what I would do if I were scum. Frame Marth, let a mislynch happen, kill someone, win.

You're implying that you'd frame Marth, and also you're implying that you'd frame [PLAYER] on Night 3, unless you think my doc is a joke.

[spoiler=I really hate when people say stuff like]

For me, I know that I'm town
I know what my RolePM says

Because it really doesn't mean anything and is a terrible argument

Marth's dayvig shot was very town.

There have been scum dayvigs, you know. Just because he shot to CC somebody doesn't mean he's town for doing it.

His afkness/coasting since then has not been town.

Conceded.

However I'm under the impression that he is often lurking/coasting/whatever especially as town.

You're implying that you'd frame Marth, and also you're implying that you'd frame [PLAYER] on Night 3, unless you think my doc is a joke.

If I were scum, that is what I would do, yes. What are you trying to say?

There have been scum dayvigs, you know. Just because he shot to CC somebody doesn't mean he's town for doing it.

The fact that he wouldn't know whether Objection really was a Dayvig means that I think scum!Marth would be much more hesitant about shooting someone who could turn up to be a legit town Dayvig.

The fact that he wouldn't know whether Objection really was a Dayvig means that I think scum!Marth would be much more hesitant about shooting someone who could turn up to be a legit town Dayvig.

basically this

I think bear is most likely to be town out of him/Euklyd/Elieson

So you're using self-meta to argue town!you?

What? No.

I wasn't saying that that means anything about my own alignment.

Last night, in the IRC Channel, I was saying that, IMO, the best move for scum to make would be to idle the kill, and so I was predicting what would happen.

It has nothing to do with whether anyone is any alignment, it was just for predicting what would happen that night.

If anything I was using it to argue that just because Marth would be hooked, it wouldn't necessarily make him scum.

The way I see things (and admittedly I do have some bias) is that it's possible for both Elieson and Bear to fake doing townie things for towncred, while the evidence I have in my favor makes much less sense to try to fake, because there would be literally no reason for scum to "investigate" a scumbuddy unless they had a way to know that Eclipse would be Watch'd or I would be Voyeur'd.

It's impossible for Marth to be mafia unless he has another kill that only activates after Night 8 or something

Ditto for Bear

I do not believe such a thing exists in this game.

Thus I want to lynch Elieson, and then Euklyd.

It's impossible for Marth to be mafia unless he has another kill that only activates after Night 8 or something

Ditto for Bear

I do not believe such a thing exists in this game.

Thus I want to lynch Elieson, and then Euklyd.

Or if anyone has an item that can target.

Can I have an explanation for how I'm mafia?

I maintain that there is literally no scum benefit to investigating a scumbuddy with a scum!Cop, while there is benefit to both getting Doc towncred (Elieson) and bussing another Mafia (Bearclaw).

I feel worse about Elieson than I do about Bearclaw atm, so I guess I'm cool with an Elieson lynch. It's mostly that if either Bearclaw or Marth are mafia and have an item then town loses instantly, because one of them shoots the other and uses an item on me.

Like I cannot see a scenario where Eclipse investigates a scumbuddy.

At all.

This is the best argument for me being town, IMO.

While my scumlist reads more like Elieson > Bear > Marth, my lynch priority is Bear > Elieson > Marth, because if Elieson is lynched and flips town then we lose, since I would get hooked, and thus wouldn't be able to Doc anyone, and I would die to the item I know is out there, because there's no other way for it to be MYLO.

There's no chance of Bear getting lynched today, is there?

Uakf ga gc okxli upcpm qvjimaw; uixfgp lfhxfq xq efykje jj yvn tzljfzb bu cnv pftp jdw'h pspl.

G tswj qg etbrnp pxy hp xehdy hkmr pfxm rg rgsw su xmjd gbrlr, jw axnth. Jm tx'i glhq yvn ip rtax vvzx ppzhakxc vdrjhgj, oxhmdff tx kuzvd rx uu hctg gc czt, nfhi tp egyv fl kcfr, sac ojpij cud gb rsdxm.
Bpxz:
Xj wqjqv nqkwddz.
Yjtl gldng rgjfpkx, K mtq xrxmwb pbv ue pfxm, fln utgxjzwrk odpno z afdm.
Bu cnv gpyqjjm mpqwf ljbvln, cnvz yjtl ga ydufzhit hqpzb, ab cud rkwuk ttlwt - L xbwr hv onmn, pfqsvgp fecg xbwr nfh oj bjwt sa brwq wb omrcfj nkmr. Jm F'g aur mfxo uapx kdk meqtn vluapl qv bd ttlwt sac mzzv qnme utdw uap gwtxd uqw.
Wtxa xmw jvau ctq kdk meqtn yvn qtfw dzn.
Czwd yvrg hgxwo mbow lw shnpbwxqmj srlw? L gudpw yvfx fwlj nrqw rgahnl rg qv lj B rwpi vrt rg gldn.
Bu qtc nflr ct yxmq xw stb uu nge, mlotp z jcgyje. csd li ezh, twx rg fwlj.

L'o nzxdfonykxc gdfekxc kljux pk dkubqo qp hfyaww xvnmn gm yloj, fhw yvnyp'f jdh fnrhlidc tdtn gbrlr, bbdqfkwq.

There is a good reason for that to be ciphered, by the way.

I think.

If he feels otherwise, Paperblade should feel free to reveal the contents.