Favorite/best maps in FE?

Redwall

In all seriousness, Call of Duty might be one of the worst design in terms of gameplay because of the random factor inside the map. I dunno. Its still my favorite map in terms of the combination of story and gameplay, but I need to think this off sometime

My other favorites would be that one chapter in FE5 where you rescued Finn's fuck buddy, and that one where you rescued Corple in FE5

I just like the atmosphere of 14. I'll admit if at least the assailants had horse riders instead of armors, it would've been more fun. In a blind run, I don't think most people would expect the random Dark Mages or hostile NPC Wyvern Riders at the end.

20 also had potential but again it's not like you have to do shit other than kill Barat and his three Generals protecting him, then turtle. To the other extreme, the Super Thracia version of this chapter fills the lower part of the map with Dragon Knights pretty quickly and they're led by a massively powerful Trabant.

Edited by Woodshooter

there's too many good ones to choose from

FE5 chapter 4 is good on both counts, though

yeah, while I used to hate it, my only issues with it now are 1) the randomization of the chests, I don't like random elements that could be otherwise and 2) the gaggle of enemies in the throne room, although it could be fair to say that I might be taking the wrong approach there. The chests are still dumb, though.

Music and atmosphere was pretty good though.

I really liked FE5's chapter where you recruited either Amalda or Conomor (forgot what number it was). I guess you could field a bunch of chumps then escape with Leif, but then you'd miss out on Amalda or Conomore and some of the items. I really liked the mad dash, though.

Also Chapter 19 (Sacae) of FE6 was also a well-designed map. Also CoD from FE7, as people have said before. And I thought all of Ephraim's route chapters in FE8 were well-designed, especially C13 (Selena's chapter).

I guess I just liked the premise of the chapter, how your units are pretty much invading the enemy instead of the other way around.

1. you can't fly over the outside walls

2. the front door is just there for decoration for all intents and purposes

3. a zillion nomads, NTs, archers, and sages near the gate

4. a 27 spd swordmaster boss

the rest of sacae is tolerable. chapter 19 is just about the only reason why i don't go to sacae. (that and you get niime a chapter later which is bad for her dark rank.)

Edited by dondon151