Favorite/best maps in FE?

Redwall

At least it's not like Gel can critical you at long range, plus his damage is fixed to 10 per hit. Him with a Runesword would've been hilarious though.

I liked the design of some of FE6 indoor maps such as 16 and 22. Sure, there was a lot of long range staves and magic flying out of every corner but I enjoyed them. Douglas can choke on his Silver Axe though.

Edited by Woodshooter

I really enjoy Sacred Stones Chapter 15 Sorched Sand. It's really fun despite being a desert map and has 2 important bosses with great battle conversations. Having 2 teams is also great.

I also really like New Mystery's Chapter 19 THe Final Battle. The recruitment chain of Roshea->Vyland->Sedgar->Wolf was well done, I think.

My favorites:

FE4: Endgame: Last Holy War.

Several enemy Holy Weapons, lots of enemy cavalry. The Gelben Ritter [which I love to point out, every time someone says "Hurdur enemies shouldn't dual guard" Gelben ritter had 30% Great Shield on all of them]. Deadlord battle. Julius + Meteor + Charge. Manfroy battle. Love this chapter to bits. Enemy PK trio with Triangle attack and immunity to Crits, so you can't readily gank them.

FE7: CoD.

Enough said.

FE8:

Story Chapter: Chapter 15-- Best standard desert map ever. Also: Powerful Foe. Also: "You're a stepping stone, and I'm moving up."

Skirmish: Ruins 10.

Mmmm. Dracozombies.

FE10: 3-E

Best. Mission. In. FE10. All of the PvSelf missions are great, but "From Pain, Awakening" is definitely the best. Love this one.

FE:A:

Story Chapter: Chapter 21. Especially on Lunatic+ with those sorcs ALL getting Hawkeye.

Skirmish: The Northroad. This map isn't bad as a map... if you start on the top!

DLC: Xenologue: Apotheosis. Enough said.

1.difficulty-wise: any FE5 escape chapters, nuff said' (honorable mention to any fe5 chapters with saias included)

2.spam-wise: FE6 chapter 21 (20-30 reinforcement each turn for 15 turns ~.~),

FE10 3-13: hordes of laguz towards weak soldiers? check. Greil mercenaries attacking? check... ike with ragnell? check x.x

3.climax-wise: Cog of density (hoo boy, the tense...)

In FE7 I like CoD, and Pale Flower of Darkness.

In FE8 all Ephraim Route maps (especially Father and Son) and of course Scorched Sands, Last Hope (WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE!).

In FE6 are some good, but I don't remember name, or number.

In FE5 almost all maps are well designed (even hard as fuck manster chapters).

My favorite is probably chapter 36 from Tear Ring Saga. Unfortunately I can't state the chapter's name in the moment due to a lack of data online.

The chapter has you fighting in the ruins of a burned down city against enemies charging from all directions and another one of the Holy Dragons, capable of dealing tons of defense negating area damage.

The map feels really great and benefits from beautiful sprite work and music.

3E from Radiant Dawn is pretty cool for pretty much the same reasons.

Laguz Kings on both sides, a black dragon and most importantly an ominous death counter counting towards an unknown number while making increasingly strong heartbeating noises.

And nothing one can do about it but working towards the chapter objective.

I also like PoR chapter 13: A guiding wind.

Fighting across several ships while watching out for the ravens circling outside the range of the grounded troops. It was pretty sweet too.

Edited by BrightBow

My favorite is probably chapter 35 from Tear Ring Saga. Unfortunately I can't state the chapter's name in the moment due to a lack of data online.

The chapter has you fighting in the ruins of a burned down city against enemies charging from all directions and another one of the Holy Dragons, capable of dealing tons of defense negating area damage.

The map feels really great and benefits from beautiful sprite work and music.

That's 36 and it's called the Town of Love and Sorrow.

35 has you fighting Julius in an otherwise not ruined Reeve City.

this is literally another one of those maps where you can just move one unit somewhere and mash end turn x number of times

But the wind dragon looks cool.

Though, it's a shame that it doesn't show the battle sprite when it uses Large Breath. And there is no point in attacking them since they are invincible. So you never actually see them.

Edited by BrightBow

But the wind dragon looks cool.

Though, it's a shame that it doesn't show the battle sprite when it uses Large Breath. And there is no point in attacking them since they are invincible. So you never actually see them.

Rofarl can kill it, but he needs to be nearly maxed and give it 20 swings worth of Dolharken in the face.

Radiant Dawn 4-E! Definitely the best FE endgame ever. I loved the music, the atmosphere, the story, fighting the Goldoans, and perhaps most importantly, the chance to use all of your units on one team! My main complaint, though, was the fact that the elemental spirits had no battle animations. :( Big disappointment for me there. But overall, a wonderful level.

Also, I really liked 2-P and 2-2, AKA the sky level and cave level. I just think it's awesome that they made a level that was entirely in the sky. It was so different form any other FE level. Also, 2-2 was unique because it was one of the very few cave levels in FE. Also, I loved the characters you had access to in that level, notably Lucia. <3

Edited by NyanKitteh

My favourite map is still probably FE4 chapter 10, both from a gameplay and atmospheric standpoint. Or Father and Son in FE8.

I don't know if FE4 Chapter 10 is my favorite map of all time (leaning toward FE11's Endgame for that), but that's easily the best map in that game IMO. I'll play it multiple times in a runthrough because it's just that much fun. As opposed to 2, 4, 7, and the other miserable slog chapters in that game...

4-4

Finally! Someone else who loves that map!

FE7: I adore the Linus version of Four Fanged Offense because its the level where all my guys get beefed up via reinforcements and arena funzies. Im also a fan of Crazed Beast for similar reasons. Cog of Destiny is a given. Man that one is so much fun. I also like Victory or Death. Yes.

FE8: Big fan of Last Hope. Its a bit tough but man, its fun to slaughter junk with the Twins and Tana. :B

FE9: The Atonement. YES! I do not know what is about this map that makes me love it. I really dont. But i just always have a good time on this chapter. I also love the music that plays. A Guiding Wind is also fun.

FE10: This one has some of my favorite maps. 3-5 is fun. I like to blitz through that level with Ike and Soren. 3-6, 3-7, 3-13, and 3-E are all fun because of squishing your own dudes. Special mention to 3-13 because of fun with allied units and Laguz slaughter to make my DBs kick ass. I like having Jill try to murder GMs. And of course, 4-4, which is easily my favorite level in that game. It conjures up The Atonement to where it feels like a nostalgia level. Good times.

FE13: Hmm...Chapter 13 is a lot of fun. Henry debut! I also enjoy Priam's Paralogue a little too much. Yarne's Paralogue is awesome to kick the asses of the entire map.