Would things be different if Lyn didn't exist?

Caster

I would have waifued Lucius for 9 years instead of Lyn, it was only when I played Awakening that I dug out my Nintendo guidebook out of nostalgia and realized that Lucius is a male :/

Well, I was like 10ish and didn't give a damn about supports

Edited by sifer

I'd be one OTP down, so that'd be sad. There'd be no quarter-Sacaen!Roy either...

And considering that it was my first Fire Emblem, I needed that tutorial. So sue me.

yes we wouldn't have lyn/florina and the world would be a sadder place

other than that we wouldn't miss much though

But Marcus is already in the game.

Maybe he thinks Marcus is secretly in love with Lyn and thus would not join the party if she didn't exist.

Those crazy shippers, am I right?

In terms of story, things may have taken a different path. We'll say that Lyn was killed with her parents.

Tactician would have been left to wander without ever having met Lyn or anyone else.

Glass would still be alive.

Dorcas would have lived the rest of his life working for the bandits that killed his wife.

Florina would not have left to search for Lyn, and may have died with the rest of Fiora's fleet in future events.

Wil would probably be doing Wil things.

Wallace would still be lost.

Lyn's grandfather would have died to the poison, and Lundgren would become the ruler of Caelin. This in turn may have created conflict between Caelin and Ostia, as per Mathew's report to Hector during Lyn's story.

Eliwood may still have rescued Ninian in Lyn's story, leaving it up to just him and Lucian, and possibly Hector, to deal with Nils and Ninian. This alone might have changed a number of events in FE7. Once Nils and Ninian are reunited, they may well just have left on their own accord, just as they did after Lyn saved her Grandfather - so the rest of the events regarding Nils and Ninian would have happened anyway.

Going into Eliwood/Hector's story now:

Would Laus still have attacked Caelin if Lundgren was leading? Would Eliwood and Hector have helped Lundgren? Would Lundgren even still have been in power by this time, considering Ostia thought of Lundgren as a threat?

After all this, Lyn doesn't have much bearing on the story until later when she uses her tracking skills to find an enemy stronghold where either Jerme or Kenneth reside.

Also Sue would not have been born, leading to absolutely no changes in FE6's plot other than being unable to recruit Sin.