What Fire Emblem crossovers, if any, would you like too see in the future?

Dwarfishh

I don't consider FE13 a crossover since A) it's not a main point of the game since most of it is contained by DLC B) the way the game goes about it suggests it's not crossing between worlds in the same way a game like Dissidia Final Fantasy does. There's also the suggest the game operate on the same world or at least within some level of connectivity between the interlocking games (for example, Priam being descended from Ike but being available in the main game).

I just finished Pokemon Conquest and it seems crazy to me that Nintendo wouldn't try a crossover with their own signature turn based strategy series.

I agree, but still you could argue that it is a bit of a crossover. Except as the games keep going IS seems to be connecting all the fire emblem worlds together into one. Awakening alone made the timeline like this IIRC:

9-10-4-5-1/11-2-3/12-13

7-6

At least this is what I think is going on from reading some interviews. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but still you could argue that it is a bit of a crossover. Except as the games keep going IS seems to be connecting all the fire emblem worlds together into one. Awakening alone made the timeline like this IIRC:

9-10-4-5-1/11-2-3/12-13

7-6

At least this is what I think is going on from reading some interviews. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I could see IS doing that, but I would prefer they keep everything secret so we can continue to speculate. Unlike with Zelda, where fans really hate timeline discussions noways.

But even then, I don't think it's a crossover because of the way it's presented. For example, in Final Fantasy Tactics you can recruit Cloud, but that doesn't make the game a crossover. The PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe also allows you to play Dante (from DMC).

Since Pokemon has renewed popularity with the release of X and Y, I think the crossover could bring new attention to FE. Of course, it would need a casual mode and the Pokemon wouldn't die, but just retreat forever in the classic mode.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

I could see IS doing that, but I would prefer they keep everything secret so we can continue to speculate. Unlike with Zelda, where fans really hate timeline discussions noways.

But even then, I don't think it's a crossover because of the way it's presented. For example, in Final Fantasy Tactics you can recruit Cloud, but that doesn't make the game a crossover. The PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe also allows you to play Dante (from DMC).

Since Pokemon has renewed popularity with the release of X and Y, I think the crossover could bring new attention to FE. Of course, it would need a casual mode and the Pokemon wouldn't die, but just retreat forever in the classic mode.

Basically a nuzlocke run. You release them as apology for having got them hurt, being a general nice guy.

Basically a nuzlocke run. You release them as apology for having got them hurt, being a general nice guy.

Oh, I like that.

They would happen after the chapter ends (as they would first be healed at camp and then released). It would go like this for the release quote.

Chrom: "Lucario, I let you down as a comrade. I release you back into the wild."

Lucario: "Lu..car....rio?"

Chrom: "I'm sorry Lucario. I hope you can find a better master."

That way, there would be an actual impact and reason for releasing Pokemon, unlike in the actual Pokemon games.

Or even more tragic, the Pokemon will just leave to find more of its kind, no longer trusting humans anymore.

Totally want to make a thread for this.

SRW x FE would probably play exactly like standard SRW except with more clearly-defined damage numbers.

Or it could go the whole Tatsunoko vs Capcom route and randomly go into the Billions

Dang it Ovum man, you stole my thread idea!

And the greatest idea yet, LEGO Fire Emblem!

Yes. I would really love this.

Also, I was thinking 'Civilization Emblem,' like Sid Myers Civilization but you play as nations from FE.

Zelda as mention before could be cool, but maybe, just maybe, Golden Sun would be cooler.

Or it could go the whole Tatsunoko vs Capcom route and randomly go into the Billions

Marvel vs Fire Emblem?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I guess my most wanted one would be Fire Emblem Zelda. A Fire Emblem Final Fantasy would be cool, and despite its unlikeliness, I had a cool idea for Fire Emblem and Star Wars.

Really? Would you mind sharing it?

Well, you'd have your regular FE classes, and then your Star Wars classes, Jedi and Sith, and an array of different trooper classes, and it'd have a weapon triangle for blasters (Long range blasters> Heavy Blasters > Small Blasters). Some of the classes I had in mind were Smuggler>Bounty Hunter, Jedi>Jedi Master, Storm Trooper>Dark Trooper, Armoured Trooper>AT-ST, among others. No idea how the plot would work, it's just something I was thinking about one day. (Also, Heavy and Small Blasters have one range)

Well, you'd have your regular FE classes, and then your Star Wars classes, Jedi and Sith, and an array of different trooper classes, and it'd have a weapon triangle for blasters (Long range blasters> Heavy Blasters > Small Blasters). Some of the classes I had in mind were Smuggler>Bounty Hunter, Jedi>Jedi Master, Storm Trooper>Dark Trooper, Armoured Trooper>AT-ST, among others. No idea how the plot would work, it's just something I was thinking about one day. (Also, Heavy and Small Blasters have one range)

Dear lord, I like this idea already. Perhaps we could brainstorm some plot ideas?

How about an FE rhythm game, where combat is decided by how well you time strikes and dodges...

This reminds me a lot of Mother 3.

Influencing the flow of battle sounds like a good idea to me, if done properly. Yggdra Union comes to mind.

I personally don't have any as to how a FE x Zelda game could work since even if they have similar settings, they are totally different on the gameplay level, with one being a strategy RPG and the other an action-adventure game with a focus on solving puzzles in dungeons as well as collecting equipment. Sure, you could make a Zelda themed FE game, but it wouldn't feel like a real crossover to me.

On the other hand, Pokemon Conquest has already shown that an strategy game can work with pokemon, due to the fact that pokemon is an RPG itself. So a FE games where trainers actually fight other humans paired-up with a pokemon that fight the enemy's pokemon or giving typing to trainers(an extension of affinity) could work very well IMO. Imagine a Fire Sage with a Braixen battling a General with Escavalier or a mymidon fighting alongside a Honedge that grow together until they are accomplished as Trublade and Aegislash. Pokemon Conquest was pretty good, but I think the concept could be really expended upon thanks to the richness of mechaninc FE has.

Edited by LuxSpes