Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Uh ok let's try:

Resolve is a battle skill that can only be triggered when the Resolve!Unit's HP is between the [1, Max HP/2] HP range and will boost the unit's Str, Skl and Sp by 50% (for PoR) during combat (both direct and indirect).

Cases:

• If a unit is under Resolve's effect and attacks an enemy, it will get said boosts and check if it can double the enemy.
  • If the Resolve!Unit attacks an enemy (he can't naturally double) while Resolve is not triggered, but gets countered resulting on triggering Resolve, then the Resolve!Unit won't double the enemy, simply because Resolve's "double" is only triggered when the unit attacks.
  • If a unit under Resolve's effects is being attacked but can't counter (like Silver Bow!Sniper attacking Resolve!Silver Sword!Swordmaster), it will receive the stat boosts (+Sp/2 for Avoid).

I hope this meets your needs Chespin. Another case I'm not sure about is if a Resolve!Unit that can Resolve!Double the enemy but can't through natural ways, will double the enemy if the first attack restores the unit's HP (considering Resolve!Ilyana triggering Flare on an enemy, restoring HP)?

On another note, GKs are meh, they're only worth utility is Garm, otherwise they'll be handled by any other unit by manipulating the Weapon Triangle, consider Swdslayer!GK vs Lancereaver SM/Assassin or vs Vidofnir!Wyvern. And when they equip Garm, there's Eirika or Gerik there to handle things. And aside from that, GK's accuracy is horrible and unreliable, even with supports.

Also, have you guys tried max stats FE8? Like in FE6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've considered max stats FE8, I even made a team for it, but we never went through with it.

I know I don't really have anything to do with these, but since it's not an option in the poll...

You should allow Ragnel or Support Oscar, but not both, to be left up to the player's discretion.

How about this be added to the poll? I think it's a good idea, and would allow for some...I dunno. Edited by AnonymousSpeed

That's the kind of wording I was looking for, thanks Quint!

WRT FE8, are there any stats for which stat boosters are not available? So that I know if I should be making a sheet for each character's highest 20/20 stats w/o boosters or just feature class caps like I did for FE6.

I think an FE7 max stats meta could be interesting too; what does everyone say? Isadora will actually be pretty bulky with the Uber Spear.

WRT FE8, are there any stats for which stat boosters are not available? So that I know if I should be making a sheet for each character's highest 20/20 stats w/o boosters or just feature class caps like I did for FE6.

All of them are available, including Boots for those who really want 20 Movement Gilliam.

I'd love to go against someone for an FE7 match.

I'll take you on ZM.

That's the kind of wording I was looking for, thanks Quint!

I think an FE7 max stats meta could be interesting too; what does everyone say? Isadora will actually be pretty bulky with the Uber Spear.

And I think it should be class caps, all boosters a buyable and you can get infinite money in creature campaign.

Baldrick, if you give me a little bit of time to make a team, i'd be happy to be your opponent in FE9 if we end up getting a host. I was actually thinking of making a team this morning anyway. I've never done an FE9 game either, so it'd be a first for both of us. Unless you're just planning on entering the tournament thingy.

Edited by General Horace

I sent in an average with boosters/Uber Spear that I've had sitting around for a while. So I don't know what you wanna do. Won't change much if we go no boosters.