Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you, doofie, I could host, but I can't begin hosting for about another 1.5-2 hours

Edited by Elieson

I don't know if this is cheating or too much like a guide, but what do you guys think of making a list of all the support triangles/squares/pentagons for each game? I personally would get a lot of use out of it, since I feel compelled to 'complete the loop' so to speak, but I wonder what you all think of it.

I'd use it if it were here, but i'm far too lazy to compile one. I like using non meta things anyway, so I probably wouldn't pick the easy combos anyway, but it would be a useful resource.

For you, doofie, I could host, but I can't begin hosting for about another 1.5-2 hours

<3

And yeah, that's fine. I haven't made a team either.

##Proposing that we establish into the ruleset (after matches that are already queue'd, such as the upcoming Horace v Chicken Doof, and Espinosa v Carmine Sword):

• Aversa's Night cannot be forged

I still don't think the Sorcs need any nerfs. Unless we do establish it's easy to have endless games with these folks, it's a good thing magic users are finally viable.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31757- and I compiled a list of support triangles in as many games as I could back when I only joined the forum. Doesn't feature cut supports of course, but it's a thing still.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31757- and I compiled a list of support triangles in as many games as I could back when I only joined the forum. Doesn't feature cut supports of course, but it's a thing still.

I see, very nice! I'm sure we can figure out the one's with cut supports as well. Surely this will be very useless in our endeavors!

Oh, I have a question, Ike-Oscar is banned in every form, correct? Even C support?

Yeah, the two can't support each other at all.

I'm surprised we haven't played "FE9 Ubers" yet, i.e. IkexOscar allowed, everything on Nasir allowed, boosters and skills on royals allowed unlimited.

Though I have a feeling that would be really boring to watch because it would just be Laguz units attacking each other without weapon variety, and maybe Ike and Oscar sitting there with Laguzguards and dying in, like, 2 turns anyway (if not one).

Could be worth trying out for lulz (though a serious approach and execution would be more interesting tbqh).

Oh well, a small loss for that plan, no matter.

...I personally don't have a desire to play that, simply because...that's way too everything explodes and Nasir tanks the universe. Oh, and of course there'd be no weapon variety, right. As lolzy as it might be I don't think it'd play it. Maybe watch it though.

Also, best team is clearly 10 Devdans, force of 100 men!

Since we're limiting things to in-game only, and limiting DLC options and stuff to an extent, should we limit the Legendary weapons to 1 per save file?

bond isn't limited because of DLC, bond is limited because it'd be stupidly powerful on multiple units.

I don't think any of the regalia are better than brave weapons anyway. Why limit them?

I was just considering if things would be more interesting that way, like how in FE7 and 9 and 10, that's how weaponry is handled

FE13 is handled the same way, you can use what you can get on one file. This includes how ever many legendary weapons you want.

If it were limited I doubt it would be a huge dealbreaker. That's why I don't think it needs a ban. The only good ones are the +spd ones anyway.

Edited by General Horace