Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Flora and Shura are just baseline broken.

BTW Jedi I sent my team, still waiting for you! =)

I'll make my team when you stop complaining about things that aren't broken, being broken. :P:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the user Tooru pointing out that Flora's skill doesn't match its description. It apparently does only half the damage, and Flora needs to be damage prior to the turn when she can start returning the damage (basically like Rinkah's personal). Some testing could be useful here.

I don't think Highwayman is all that broken and Shura is definitely not soloing anything with it. -3 str/spd debuffs (turning into -2 str/spd the following turn when the target will be able to take his next action) aren't so huge in comparison to some of the other easily accessible forms of debuffing.

My apologies for being slow with hosting the first game, Horace and Nintales. Been busy with work and my sleep schedule has been awful lately. Should be able to return to the game really soon though, like tomorrow soon.

Shura generally doesn't seem all that gamebreaking, especially if killer weapons are banned. I'm more worried that right now there is very little reason not to use Camilla and/or Elise, and they'll be even more desirable when we allow friend/marriage reclassing and DLC classes. Elise and Camilla's personal + Inspiration make a huge difference in damage given and received.

It's probably safe to say right now that +/- dmg skills are to the Fates arena what the +/i hit and evo skills were to Awakening's. You want the right characters and skills to give your team an advantage in terms of raw stats.

I remember the user Tooru pointing out that Flora's skill doesn't match its description. It apparently does only half the damage, and Flora needs to be damage prior to the turn when she can start returning the damage (basically like Rinkah's personal). Some testing could be useful here.

I don't think Highwayman is all that broken and Shura is definitely not soloing anything with it. -3 str/spd debuffs (turning into -2 str/spd the following turn when the target will be able to take his next action) aren't so huge in comparison to some of the other easily accessible forms of debuffing.

My apologies for being slow with hosting the first game, Horace and Nintales. Been busy with work and my sleep schedule has been awful lately. Should be able to return to the game really soon though, like tomorrow soon.

Don't worry, rest well.

About Shura...

Well, maybe that we should wait to see him in action some day. I still think that half a strength seal and speed seal on passive is pretty good though when you have the range option.

So it definately will (likely) be resumed to Draconic Hex, Bows and Breaker mind games.

I wonder how will units like Sorcs will fare? Nosferatu's nerf makes it basically nonexistant, and Lifetaker is probably the better option. Asides they have Bowbreaker.

By the way, is Wary Fighter banned? THWOMPS are now TRUE THWOMPS.

Edit: I also forgot Spear, Tomahawk and Waka Waka sword are locked to 2 range, which make them deadly with a strong dmg setup. There's also Spy Yumi and spy Shuriken, but these are less harmfull and more about landing debuffs, however, a counter might be strong enough to beat the debuffer by next turn.

Edited by Quintessence

Sorry about being so AFK regarding conceptualization and such on this. I'm still catching back up on my daily routine after having dealt with Lice which sucks

I might do it later today. Still trying to will myself to finish revelation despite how awful it is.

If anyone else wants to play Nintales they probably can, Jedi's taken a realllly long time to make a team.

Completely slipped my mind when setting up Smash tournament stuff, studing and working... Sorry. If someone makes a team before me (I have work again shortly today)

They can face off against Nin >.> sorry.

I started working on an Excel sheet showing everybody's skill options when I realised there are way too many skills this time around, even out of the ones not yet banned / usable in LA.

Lo and behold:

Aegis
Air Superiority
Amaterasu
Armored Blow
Astra
Axebreaker
Axefaire
Beastbane
Better Ods
Bowbreaker
Bowfaire
Camaraderie
Certain Blow
Countermagic
Darting Blow
Death Blow
Defence+2
Draconic Hex
Dragon Fang
Duelist’s Blow
Elbow Room
Even Better
Evenhanded
Foreign Princess
Gamble
Gentilhomme/Demoiselle
Golembane
Good Fortune
Grisly Wound
Heartseeker
Hoshidan Unity
HP+5
Inspiration
Lancebreaker
Lancefaire
Lifetaker
Luck+4
Lucky Seven
Luna
Magic+2
Malefic Aura
Miracle
Odd Shaped
Pavise
Poison Strike
Profiteer
Quick Draw
Quixotic
Rend Heaven
Renewal
Resistance+2
Savage Blow
Seal Defence
Seal Magic
Seal Resistance
Seal Speed
Seal Strength
Shurikenbreaker
Shurikenfaire
Skill+2
Sol
Spendthrift
Strength+2
Strong Riposte
Swordbreaker
Swordfaire
Tomebreaker
Tomefaire
Trample
Vantage
Vengeance
Voice of Peace
Warding Blow
Wary Fighter

That's a total of 74 skills, 72 if the Merchant skills are kicked out as they should be. Still a bit too big for the Excel sheet I envisaged. Which skills are we almost certain to not need? I'd nominate the following for being outclassed:

Air Superiority

Camaraderie

Gamble

Golembane

Good Fortune

Luck+4

Resistance+2

Skill+2

...not a whole lot tbqh, and the list would still be really big. Maybe omit the stone-users' skills to make it more compact? These are limited to 1-2 characters in the parents' meta.

But yeah, there are literally twice the amount of skills with some utility compared to Awakening. That's not even counting the personals, too.

Edited by Espinosa

I can copy the character names column to the right of the table too.

I was always thinking about grouping skills of the same type together (i.e. healing, breakers, ones that activate on PP etc.) rather than alphabetically.

I think there would be better readability if the skills were given as a list for each character, but this one is meant to allow you to look up who else has the same skill for example.

Okay, here's what I got:

::Recovery
Amaterasu
Camaraderie
Lifetaker
Renewal

::Support / Hit-Avo

Air Superiority

Gamble
Gentilhomme
Heartseeker
Inspiration
Lucky Seven
Quixotic

::Breaker
Axebreaker
Bowbreaker
Lancebreaker
Shurikenbreaker
Swordbreaker
Tomebreaker

::Faire
Axefaire
Bowfaire
Lancefaire
Shurikenfaire
Swordfaire
Tomefaire

::Seal
Seal Defence
Seal Magic
Seal Resistance
Seal Speed
Seal Strength

::Proc
Aegis
Astra
Luna
Miracle
Pavise
Rend Heaven
Sol
Vengeance

::Always Active
Countermagic
Vantage
Wary Fighter

::Player Phase
Armored Blow
Certain Blow
Darting Blow
Death Blow
Duelist’s Blow
Poison Strike
Quick Draw
Savage Blow
Warding Blow

::Stats
Defence+2
Elbow Room
HP+5
Magic+2
Malefic Aura
Strength+2
Strong Riposte
Trample

Some of the categories could be further sub-categorised into defensive procs (Miracle/PavGis) and offensive procs (everything else), or grouping the +2/whatever skills together.

There are probably multiple ways to classify certain skills, like I could group Amaterasu and Gentilhomme/Inspiration together since they affect everybody else on the team and thus can form a 'team support' group. idk.

Edited by Espinosa