Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

The joke is probably Colossus itself.

Siege tomes can't be countered and I don't think I've ever seen that happen in a Nintendo made FE game. You can double at best in few situations but don't push your luck too far.

Forges don't lower weight. That would probably only affect Rhys anyway.

Okay, thanks. Just making sure I give all weapons the right, uh, conditions to make sure the sheet doesn't do things like make counterattacks to siege tomes. Well, I'm actually still not sure just how far the sheet will go in terms of that kind of thing, but whatever.

I've just checked all the character averages and forge weight actually doesn't matter ever. Even Rhys has 4 STR base, enough to use Light with no AS loss. I thought it might affect Mist/Elincia maybe, but Silver Sword is actually pretty light.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All basic elemental tomes only weigh 3 or less.

Unless you mean for stuff like Rexbolt.

Besides forged tomes have ridiculous accuracy so that's always a plus against avoid stacking supports.

Edited by Woodshooter

Soren has 4 str

Forges help him

Yes, but the weight doesn't matter, because 4>3.

Another question. What weapons are limited, and what's their quantity? The resources guide says: 'weapon allocations are within the limits of a single game file (e.g. no two Wishblades)', which is nice, but not very precise. There's some obvious things like one of each Brave, and S rank weapons, but what about e.g. Laguzslayers? As far as I can tell (from the site) there are only two of those in the game, but if someone had a team with three would anyone care?

Edit: I'm struggling to think of examples where this might be an issue except for gimick teams, but... I'd rather err on the side of accuracy over just simplicity.

Edited by Tables

IIRC there are two brave lances

There's a bunch of stealable weapons too, so laguzslayers shouldn't be all that tough to find, although someone who's played FE9 more than once should probably confirm this

IIRC there are two brave lances

There's a bunch of stealable weapons too, so laguzslayers shouldn't be all that tough to find, although someone who's played FE9 more than once should probably confirm this

I was thinking that would be reasonable justification for most weapons, not to mention it's hard to imagine someone really wanting e.g. four Killer bows or three Laguzslayers on a single team anyway. But then for the rarer weapons like Braves, are any of those stealable? I would guess not, but I don't know. To be able to steal a (non-tome) weapon you need to first coerce the enemy into using a different weapon, and I doubt anyone running a brave has a different weapon.

I did a search on the site, and can't find a second Brave Lance. If I had to guess, I'd say it's the one and only stealable Brave weapon just mentioned? Otherwise I can only see a single Brave Lance (Geoffrey's)

Other than that, a bunch of chapter 28 and Epilogue enemies have nice weapons, but it's impossible to steal most of them because they only use one. The few Epilogue enemies that do use multiple weapons are those Paladins near Ashnard but they have Iron and Steel mostly somehow. Hard mode enemies should be different but I don't remember what they have. Heddwyn has a stealable Bolting in either case and you don't miss out on Rexbolt.

Hey, guess who has more questions!

Miracle and Counter: How is the damage rounded, up or down? AFAIK all fractions round down, but it depends on the perspective you take sometimes (e.g. does Miracle leave you with HP/2 (round down) or do you take HP/2 damage (round down)?). And Counter I'm really not sure on, I assume it rounds down but would be nice to check.

How does Reyson work? And in particular how does Renewal work?

What are the stats/equipment of the Reinforce Pegasii?

In other news, a little progress update on the sheet: I've input just about all the data I think I'll need, and have started working on the battle calculation processing - I have a working support bonus calculator right now, which looks something like this:

=floor(if(isblank(B7)=true,0,if(hlookup(B7,$B$2:$F$5,4,0)=0,0,vlookup(vlookup(B2,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)+vlookup(vlookup(B7,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)))*3+if(isblank(B8)=true,0,if(hlookup(B8,B2:F5,4,0)=0,0,vlookup(vlookup(B2,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)+vlookup(vlookup(B8,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)))*2+if(isblank(B9)=true,0,if(hlookup(B9,B2:F5,4,0)=0,0,vlookup(vlookup(B2,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)+vlookup(vlookup(B9,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)))*2+if(isblank(B10)=true,0,if(hlookup(B10,B2:F5,4,0)=0,0,vlookup(vlookup(B2,'Character stats'!$A$2:$D$47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0)+vlookup(vlookup(B10,'Character stats'!A2:D47,4,0),'Support data'!$A$2:$E$9,2,0))),1)

Oh, and that's just to calculate the attack bonus of the first player's first character. Fortunately as a moderator you should never even need to look at that formula...

Edit: It's still in the early stages (to the point where it'll be very different probably in just a day or two) but this is the sheet as it currently stands. I don't think there's really much to see at the moment but...

Edited by Tables

Not sure, down I think.

He's supposed to use Shade and Blessing to heal the team, but good luck pulling that off with Nihil/Parity around. Renewal heals a tenth of maximum HP, rounded down.

I forget for the stats, but the two Pegasus Knights have a Steel Lance and a Javelin, while the Falcoknight has a Silver Lance. The latter is level 1 and has 24 AS, but the others are pretty terrible.

I can confirm that counter is rounded down.

In the game I ran with reinforce, i used the maniac mode peg stats, since the normal mode ones were almost too useless.

The peg stats can vary by 1-2 points in some stats, dunno what to do about that.
Edited by General Horace

Sorry, when I said Renewal, I meant Blessing, but actually I've just noticed the site says it's Reyson's MAG. This is probably a sign I should go sleep and leave this for tomorrow...

Edit: Good news everyone! I now have Reyson's transformed stats, so when your Reyson survives until turn 4 thanks to miracle procs and Resolve boosting his avoid (this is a great example of using resources cleverly, by the way) then you can see how much better he becomes! Okay, uh, so maybe this will never actually come into play, but oh well, it's there anyway.

Thanks for those Peg stats. I think I'll just add the stats as shown in those pictures, for now. If something else is decided on later I'll just change it for then.

Edited by Tables

What happens if a unit is running Shade and Nihil, and is attacked by a parity user? I mean it's pretty unlikely, but it still could happen. If they just get to choose another target, they revealed a Nihil on the other team which is a pretty big deal, but at the same time, if the attack is just negated, its a waste of a turn.

Edited by General Horace

What happens if a unit is running Shade and Nihil, and is attacked by a parity user? I mean it's pretty unlikely, but it still could happen. If they just get to choose another target, they revealed a Nihil on the other team which is a pretty big deal, but at the same time, if the attack is just negated, its a waste of a turn.

I think the Parity user should be able to attack the Shade/Nihil user, but Nihil nulls Parity during the round of combat afterwards. But yeah, logically speaking, this is a solid argument for removing Shade/Provoke (and all the resulting complications when the other skills become interrelated) from the metagame entirely.

I could've sworn I'd added the reinforcement stats to the FAQ but they're not there. Maybe I added them to this topic before deleting the OP entirely? Anyway, I guess I'll just do it again.

Umm, did you add them yet? I still can't find them (maybe I'm just dumb).

Regarding Shade/Provoke, I'm still not entirely convinced by them in their current form. Mainly, Nihil/Parity negating them is weird. They aren't combat skills. Is Provoke/Shade being always on for two turns broken? I can certainly think of a few powerful effects it would have. And the situation Horace presented shows an issue with how things are currently handled.

What other skills don't appear in the game? I think it's just Corrosion, asides from skills which wouldn't do anything (like Celerity)? I could actually see Corrosion being integrated more easily than Shade/Provoke (with it simply destroying the opponent's weapon, rather than doing anything annoying with uses).

Elieson brought that idea (of Corrosion functioning in this way) up some time ago; honestly, it's a good one.

Tables, can you host a game? Because your perception of how something like this should be managed might change once you have the experience of running a match.

And to generate the reinforcement stats again, I'll have to summon them in-game a few times again so that I know for sure what the maximum stats for each reinforcement are. They can vary quite drastically at times. Will probably update it soon; there's no rush I think (I'm upset the reinforcement data was actually missing when Horace hosted that one game with the PokeFusions though - I thought I had everything necessary for it in the FAQ).