Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but eh. Made my life easier at least, lol

Mist mainly provided support for Rolf and slightly some support for Boyd, who went down easily, unfortunately.

Edited by Kochiya Sanae

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

mczu.pnghhml.pngh12z.pngppqd.pngvw0j.png

PKL's team

n82d.pngmczu.pngppqd.pngwq5b.pnghhml.png

h12z.pngvs wq5b.png

Turn 18.

ZM's Kieran (Silver Axe) attacks PKL's Oscar (Spear)!

19 damage 94% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(20 67 26 7)

Kieran activates Sol!

Oscar receives 19/49 damage!

Kieran recovers 0/49 HP!

Oscar counterattacks!

10 damage 56% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(6 41 98 66)

Kieran receives 10/49 damage!

Both sides survive the battle.

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 25/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 39/49

Rolf 0/44

Mist 13/38

PKL

Ike 0/52

Marcia 0/43

Rolf 0/44

Oscar 3/49

Boyd 0/60

PKL acts next.

Edited by Espinosa

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

PKL's team

wq5b.pngvs mczu.png

Turn 19.

PKL's Oscar (Spear) attacks ZM's Marcia (Silver Sword)!

18 damage 67% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(80 19 92 56)

Marcia receives 18/43 damage!

Both sides survive the battle.

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 17/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 39/49

Rolf 0/44

Mist 13/38

PKL

Ike 0/52

Marcia 0/43

Rolf 0/44

Oscar 3/49

Boyd 0/60

ZM acts next.

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

PKL's team

mczu.png vs wq5b.png

Turn 20.

ZM's Marcia (Killer Lance) attacks PKL's Oscar (Spear)!

9 damage 89% hit 27% crit 13% Stun

(16 88 28 39)

Oscar receives 3/49 damage!

Oscar is KO'd!

Stats:

ZM

Marcia 17/43

Boyd 0/60

Kieran 39/49

Rolf 0/44

Mist 13/38

PKL

Ike 0/52

Marcia 0/43

Rolf 0/44

Oscar 0/49

Boyd 0/60

ZM wins the match.

I'd go for the next game, but since this one lasted over five hours and I have work tomorrow, I'm not sure if I can make it, and I'm not even talking about the host who might go to sleep sooner or later.

At least that was part of the fun with Braves.

Edited by Woodshooter

Okay, good job you two, it was an interesting game yet again. This carried on for a bit longer than the first one I believe (though I didn't count turns there) and I suppose somebody with faster reactions than myself could make games happen quicker than I have managed to.

Some of the units were lost to killer crits, and it's food for thought how this metagame enables killers to be effective, so that's something to ponder and discuss.

There were times when I felt like giving people advice though I didn't. One time was when ZM would ignore PKL's brotherhood support of +20 crit even though Boyd was in easy KO range, and the other when PKL could've tried to try his luck with Sol-tanking by attacking Marcia insead of Mist, and then try to stall out ZM's remaining units (of whom only Mist and Kieran could deal decent damage to Oscar) with Sol. Pretty slim chances of that happening.

This was the last game I'm involved in for a long while, so we should decide on the host / possibility of the two players serving themselves.

We should try playing again, perhaps with another match with braves allowed between Dio and Ice Sage, or maybe somebody could put up a team with stat boosters to take on dondon with his monster team (has many characters we have not yet seen in this topic). The stat boosters were posted by dondon on page 10 for quick reference.

Finally, we should try allowing forges in one of the metagames, though that nerfs some things namely:

- sword users who cannot forge 1-2 range

- Mist who cannot forge magical swords

Mages get really viable assuming braves are out though; the 25 AS ones anyway (beware of SMs though).

People should experiment with armours and Shade Ilyana too, I feel. It's good if we can have some variety.

Oh, and I feel we could add the Laguz royals into this somehow. Perhaps one per team. That would make Laguzguards actually useful.

The reason why I didn't take out Boyd yet at the time was because I knew PKL wouldn't really throw him out for a while (thankfully he suicided on Kieran and didn't even hit, which was appreciated). Also I wanted to take out his other units.

But thanks, Espinosa. As long as it was, it was a fun game. :)

Laguz royal stats for reference, transformed:

Giffca

50 atk 29 AS 30 def

- doubles Oscar and Kieran

- not doubled by Beorc

- ties armours in defence

- 50 atk loses to Largo's 51 atk with a Silver Axe forge (no supports), so this level of offence is probably acceptable in a metagame with forges

- Roar: skill with which you can manually stun specific enemies; could be useful to get rid of annoyers like Ike and Rolf temporarily.

- he needs to be equipped to transform so Laguz weapons can still hurt him (such as a Laguz Axe with 26 effective Mt)

- cannot counter tome users with forged Fire tomes (has only 19 res)

Naesala

41 atk 36 AS 26 def

- fastest unit in the game, doubling even SMs

- almost cleanly 2HKOs Zihark w/o Laguzguard (and therefore every other SM)

- is really hard to hit without forges and probably with forges as well

- weak not only to laguz-slaying weapons, but also wind magic and, more importantly, bows

- when attacked at 1-range, goes first with Vantage and I believe also does the same with Wind magic at 2-range (that's what I remember from playing the game, am I dreaming?)

Tibarn

46 atk 28 AS 30 def

- 37% Cancel procs

- also an armour knight on wings

- not doubled by anyone besides Naesala

- hardly doubles anybody of note

- idk he sucks IMHO. Ike with a Silver Sword has very similar stats. Okay, Tibarn might be tankier than Ike but lacks Aether and supports.

i do like the concept of forges mostly because of the +hit. full +MT silvers can also rival the damage output of braves depending on the str/def difference. the one thing that i would suggest against is allowing +crit on forges because then everyone starts running single digit crit on everyone else, though the max critforge is only +9 crit in this game as compared to +15 in FE10.

EDIT: also, all 3 of the laguz royals have 16 starting gauge, so they can all pack a beorcguard or, in naesala and tibarn's case, a full guard.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, we could make all forges automatically +5 mt +25 hit +0 crit, and I think this would only work well in a meta with braves (because with silver forges who needs killers anymore? 7 dmg Killer Bow on Kieran anyone?).

Also, you get two Laguzguards in the game, and plenty of characters have nothing else to really hold onto (Ike, SMs, Largo). I think the Laguz royals are worth piloting sometime. They're really not that bad - Ike with Ragnell is a lot more broken.

roar is kind of useless because it only immobilizes an enemy for one turn.

giffca and naesala are really only worth using. tibarn's cancel isn't that useful because no one is doubling him and so all cancel does is give him a 37% chance to not be countered when he attacks. naesala's advantage over SMs is pretty easily nullified by a laguzguard, though.

And what if stat ups are allowed on royals? Most of them are close to their Strength cap as it is, but both Giffca and Tibarn could use some Speedwings.

BTW dondon, I think you mistook Largo's affinity for Fire on your team. It's actually Wind.

Edited by Woodshooter