Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An idea for players who loathe mirror matches:

Just draft units from a full list of options.

I think this would be fun.

You know what I thought of? A complete mirror match. A third party makes a team and both of the contestants must work to outsmart the other. Maybe not a good idea, but it could create something a little interesting.

I think this would be fun.

You know what I thought of? A complete mirror match. A third party makes a team and both of the contestants must work to outsmart the other. Maybe not a good idea, but it could create something a little interesting.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45796

Who needs a third party :smug:?

Edited by Quintessence

They could still have different weapons.

I *think* we had different weapons, though. But it was hilarious :awesome:, specially because it wasn't planned or anything. Edited by Quintessence

I *think* we had different weapons, though. But it was hilarious :awesome:, specially because it wasn't planned or anything.

Hilarious indeed. Such a match should be orchestrated, but with boosters, just so everything is comically unnatural.

I lost Barst to an AoE crit of the very first dark mage boss you fight in the game once, with Barst having low luck so that's an indication AoE can crit (and miss). I do believe I read that Life or Death affects tomes like Meriah's Aura Rain, but I've always found Meriah too inefficient to train (I only like Rishuel and Sierra; Lee too I suppose, but he competes with Narron and Lionel to just exist) to really make sure myself.

you could tutor life or death to sierra and use land crash or earthquake.

i think steel shield is better than silver shield, usually. silver shield blocks 40 HP total damage compared to steel shield's 36, but that's only useful if the attacking enemy has at least def + 18 atk, or if he gets a critical hit. silver shield is a bit more vulnerable to the gatling bow, but the gatling bow is terrible anyway.

my gut feeling is that the TRS metagame will be centered around units with nihil. you have to have nihil in order to negate adept, life or death, gale, big shield, and maybe charge. there is also no tutor for nihil (but there are adept, life or death, and gale tutors). mages might warrant use with their tools and the overall lack of resistive power in this game, despite lacking nihil. some units with strong stats and a good complement of important skills might be able to get away without having nihil.

i also think that mostly every team should run vega plus a mainstar user, and at least a canaan lance and a salia lance user. axes and bows are so bad in this game.

EDIT: now that school is done, i can probably start hosting FE5 and TRS games again. TRS still needs some mechanics clarifications.

Edited by dondon151

I think Runan will be a fairly common character in the TRS meta. Nihil and Charisma is a pretty powerful skill combination that's unique to him and his stats are far from bad as well.

My guess for a generic team would be Runan, Vega, Lionel, Mage (Probably Rishel since Sunflame gives him great durability when combined with a shield) and someone like Zeek or Narron.

tia is pretty good filler too, despite lacking skills. she can use moonlight to try tanking, sylpheed for free attacks (assuming opponent lacks gale), tornado or evil thunder for AoE, and seiken leda to fish for a crit on the physical side.

Edited by dondon151

Moonlight makes you slow =(

Tia's still probably the best mage due to having great stats and her own Prf sword (and you can have any other good sword on her too).

I'm going to start a new TRS playthrough on my PSP - what exactly do we still need to test?

- Life or Death impact on using AoE magic (makes me wonder; what about some of the targets of the spell having Awareness but not others?)

- probably some interrelations of certain skills, weapons and shields, but I'm not yet sure which...

I think we should test skill procs on AoE magic in general.

Making a list of the available boosters and skill tutors per run and adding that to the FAQ wouldn't hurt.

I also think that we should decide on the number of extra rounds that Charge adds, if only to reduce the luck involved with the skill.

TRS mechanics questions:

1. how does charge determine the total number of added rounds?

2. can skills proc with AoE magic (or do they affect AoE magic at all)? (hypothesis: no)

3. when skills activate, do they stack with each other and/or with critical hits?

4. what's the contribution of charisma? (hypothesis: 5% hit and avo)

5. how many of each stat booster are obtainable?

6. what's the damage modifier to effective weaponry? (hypothesis: 3x MT)

we also need a list of supports, which SF doesn't seem to have.

Moonlight makes you slow =(

tia has 18 AS with moonlight, which is only doubled by vega.

Edited by dondon151

This looks like fun! Has anyone put together a Google spreadsheet to assist with hosting (at least for FE9)? If not, I'd be willing to create something to pass around; I'm a crazy person who enjoys that sort of thing.

That does seen rather nice, we do already have something for stats but support bonuses (by affinities likely) could be a nice thing to have.

That does seen rather nice, we do already have something for stats but support bonuses (by affinities likely) could be a nice thing to have.

Got the link? Supports did look to be the biggest PITA in the calculations, particularly with Parity floating around.

FE8 max stats with FE9 and Awakening skills; how about that? I could either play or host.

dondon: I linked to Aquilae's guide in the LA sticky for supports (specifying what to Ctrl + F to find it quickly).

Everything else might take a little longer to find out (except Charisma and triple Mt damage on effective weaponry, which I think is common enough knowledge but doesn't hurt to make sure).

Sweet, I'll start working on my team soon then!

5 - Aegis / Pavise
10 - Demoiselle
10 - Vengeance
10 - Swordfaire, Axefaire, Bowfaire, Lancefaire, Tomefaire
20 - Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, Bowbreaker, Lancebreaker, Tomebreaker
20 - Lifetaker

These were the Awakening skills added. Lifetaker could be a bit too broken to be there, but let's play a game to see what exactly could be broken and what is passable.

Edited by Rin Nakai

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19lTX4quV7UbHDe7Iqw-COhBv1lX8ygSaTjwV_VECQF0/htmlview?usp=drive_web

Please save it to your PC and do not edit this document on the Google drive, as it's our main version. It's still in the works, and missing a bit like supports still, but it's come a long long way so far.