Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

What I meant was about level cap and statboosters limitations, but wait, now that you mention it: what is the level cap? I noticed WE'VE GOT TROUBLE and Azura goes beyond lv. 20.

Songstress counts as a special class and Felicia/Jakob have bonus levels to make up for being promoted.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I noticed that; similar to how Nowi/Tiki/Nah reach lv. 30 in FE13. So this means the rest of the cast keep the lv. 20 cap upon promotion? If this is true, then that was my basis by suggesting averages, and the 'guess' that stat boosters are limited.

Edited by Quintessence

They sorta are limited assuming you ban a ton of things. However, averages are impossible to keep track off considering there's reclassing and levelling under different classes involved and that the average 20/20 stats will be different depending on which skills the player wants (and how he chooses to spend the levels where he doesn't try to grab all the skills).

You're right.

I guess we should start with a limited pool of skills and begin with a small world of Fates on LA. With this I mean banning My Castle skill inheritance and banning Partner and Marriage Seals. I propose beginning with this, allowing DLC classes and skills. After some matches of experiment, we can 'patch' it and evolve the meta.

Master/Second Seals only

DLC Path Bonus Items allowed (so no more than two Dread Fighters, etc)

Route-Specific units/weaponry only

Skills in the Poll are Banned from inclusion

Pair Up/Dual Mechanics are all ignored

This means no Scarlet in my Revelations team though :(

I'd allow DLC units Marth/Lucina/Ike/Robin and Roy though. They're pretty limited for reclass options and not really "OP" aren't they?

Edited by Elieson

I could try a Birthright team for lolz and gaggles. But I haven't played the game so it will probably be wacky.

Soooo

Anyone want a game?

By the way, are we banning the "broken" weapons like the Fujin Yumi or the Yato?

EDIT : If multiple Amaterasu is banned, that means however we can have one Amaterasu user on the team, right?

Edited by Nintales

For the Merchant, what are we assuming for "moving during the first 7 turns"? In the Link Arena, does that means that when your unit attacks, there is a chance to spawn a gold bar, or is it just by standing there?

I don't wanna be pessimistic but right now everyone who gets Apothecary as a second class is pretty screwed imo.

Do we allow DLC and Amiibo classes? Imo no because some skills are pretty broken as far as I can guess (Speed bonuses in the Link Arena? you got me there), especially with the return of Agressor.

Edited by Nintales

I don't have a very clear idea which weapons are specific to one route only. Like the S-rank weaponry for instance - I never paid much attention to it on my runs because it was pretty worthless aside from a single use on an endgame boss with, like, Ryoma. The katana/sword split and where each weapon is sold thing is fairly clear though.

There's probably no reason not to play as anything other than Revelation, but Conquest vs Birthright could be fun because the parties would be completely different.

I'd keep the Amiibo units outside of the meta for the time being. Since they lack personal skills, they're technically obsolete in a meta where anyone can reclass into their jobs by the way (should this be the meta which we play).

And I could host the first game anytime you guys finished your teams. You sure we don't want to allow Marriage/Buddy seals at all? This probably isn't all that bad of an idea for a first game anyway.

Each unit "theoretically" moves up to the dueling ground, so in practice, I'd say "attacking" would trigger Gold Bar generation.

Dark Flier isn't stellar. Dread Fighter is pretty good and not broken at all.

Amiibo Classes aren't broken but the worst to worry about is calculating.

What about allowing forges? I'd ban them for now since +10MT is ridiculous.

Well, currently 100% of the poll wants Great Lord's Awakening skill banned.

No Gold Bars please; in any form. +10 atk/def is way too much if we're in such agreement about Aggressor and Life and Death, considering you can just fill four weapon slots with them while running one weapon. It's cheese as its finest.

We'll definitely try out the Amiibos but for now they'll just distract us from the meta imho.

Dread Fighter gets Aggressor and is the best class with access to daggers - supposedly a decisive weapon type in the new meta.

Forges are definitely out.

Well, currently 100% of the poll wants Great Lord's Awakening skill banned.

No Gold Bars please; in any form. +10 atk/def is way too much if we're in such agreement about Aggressor and Life and Death, considering you can just fill four weapon slots with them while running one weapon. It's cheese as its finest.

We'll definitely try out the Amiibos but for now they'll just distract us from the meta imho.

Dread Fighter gets Aggressor and is the best class with access to daggers - supposedly a decisive weapon type in the new meta.

Forges are definitely out.

If we're banning Aggressor, then we're left with a super speedy full WTA debuffing unit that has no weaknesses unlike, raw damage GK.

Apothecary skills are useless meaning whoever can reclass to Apothecary is already nerfed by having 0 usefulness in Tier1 skills. +10 Atk/Def that they can't use until they attack once to even get the bar in the first place seems like a fair trade to me since you basically need to lead with your Apothecary-line unit to even utilize the skill, otherwise you're just sitting there while other units fight and you battle on counterattack and don't get Gold Bars.

If we're banning Aggressor, then we're left with a super speedy full WTA debuffing unit that has no weaknesses unlike, raw damage GK.

Apothecary skills are useless meaning whoever can reclass to Apothecary is already nerfed by having 0 usefulness in Tier1 skills. +10 Atk/Def that they can't use until they attack once to even get the bar in the first place seems like a fair trade to me since you basically need to lead with your Apothecary-line unit to even utilize the skill, otherwise you're just sitting there while other units fight and you battle on counterattack and don't get Gold Bars.

Who's super speedy, Dread Fighter? Speed cap of 31 avoids being doubled by Master Ninja / SMs before mods, but it's still nothing extraordinary.

It's fine that Apothecary skills are useless - it's not our duty to make everything usable in the Link Arena. Staves do nothing in LA, being mounted doesn't change a thing, and being a flier doesn't let you cross any terrain quickly - in fact, you're endangered by the pervasive bow users. +10 atk/def is huge even if it's just one coin that you need to manage to obtain, what with brave weapons being around (but even without them).

There'll be plenty of skills - class and personal alike - that don't do a thing in LA, and there are still some skills which we need to agree on what exactly they'll do (if anything).

No issue with a kids meta later on (I mean, the one in Awakening is basically a fatter version of the parents meta with way more skill access) but let's figure out what we're dealing with first.

Can we ban Shura, or even any three classes unit?

Because Shura as a Berserker is pretty broken if you ask me. 36 speed when the highest speed reached can only be 38 in Hoshido (Kamui, Setsuna, other Shura and Suzukaze) is pretty damn high. Especially with 40 base strength, and the hoshidian classes are not known for being bulky. I mean, he also gets cheese skills like Venom and the dreaded Lucky Seven. Don't even forget he also gets Shurikenbreaker and Axebreaker that makes him impossible to hit for quite the Hoshido units. (let's be honest and admit that each party will have at least one Master Ninja due to how good Shuriken are)

Shura is pretty broken.

Izana can also get some of the fun with Renewal + Duelist Blow that makes him really hard to kill. Scarlet also gets Swordbreaker, Pavise, Lucky Seven, Shurikenbreaker and Luna.

Reina is the only one that's not that broken because her kit doesn't have that high of a synergy (aside Quixotic + Lethality, but even Kagero can do that)

Personnally, any unit with three classes should be banned because Scarlet and Shura are pretty much auto-include for me. Their modifiers are not even that bad.

By the way, Lethality, yes or no? Quixotic makes that pretty strong.

Edited by Nintales

Who's super speedy, Dread Fighter? Speed cap of 31 avoids being doubled by Master Ninja / SMs before mods, but it's still nothing extraordinary.

It's fine that Apothecary skills are useless - it's not our duty to make everything usable in the Link Arena. Staves do nothing in LA, being mounted doesn't change a thing, and being a flier doesn't let you cross any terrain quickly - in fact, you're endangered by the pervasive bow users. +10 atk/def is huge even if it's just one coin that you need to manage to obtain, what with brave weapons being around (but even without them).

There'll be plenty of skills - class and personal alike - that don't do a thing in LA, and there are still some skills which we need to agree on what exactly they'll do (if anything).

No issue with a kids meta later on (I mean, the one in Awakening is basically a fatter version of the parents meta with way more skill access) but let's figure out what we're dealing with first.

That's what I mean; DreadF isn't stellar, but it's not a lame duck class. I'd allow it.

Also, taking Gold Bar into the most literal sense with application to make it work is just like I said. It's not like we're struggling to make it usable.

-You don't get a Gold bar until you attack on your phase with that particular unit

That's literally the rule, meaning you take a real gamble not opening with a better unit. I dunno I don't feel like it's as broken as it's looking like.

That's what I mean; DreadF isn't stellar, but it's not a lame duck class. I'd allow it.

Also, taking Gold Bar into the most literal sense with application to make it work is just like I said. It's not like we're struggling to make it usable.

-You don't get a Gold bar until you attack on your phase with that particular unit

That's literally the rule, meaning you take a real gamble not opening with a better unit. I dunno I don't feel like it's as broken as it's looking like.

Agreeing.

Since the Gold Bar skills take two skills to be usable and that you only have 7 turn for this to happen, it's a pretty fair trade-off.

And if we can't use those, just say goodbye to Oboro, Orochi and Azama, since they only get to play with one class. (Apothecary skills and Mechanist aren't usable on a battle)

So this is Birthright versus Conquest?

Kay, I think I'll go for Birthright. I just like more Birthright's setup, even if Conquest probably has a cooler one due to the breakers.

Just asking for a Shura/Izana/Yukimura/Reina/Scarlet/Gunther/Flora ban though.

Imo they can be allowed, specially the shared characters. Why ban them?

The argument is that before we allow marriage/buddy reclassing, the Corrinsexuals have 50% more classes to pick skills from.

We might as well do what Nintails says for the first game(-s).