Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really digging Marth's design. I never doubted his return, but he looks far cooler than I had hoped. Fingers crossed for a mask skin, though, just for fun.

As for Ike, I'm slightly biased, but I think he has a good shot at getting in, for no reason other than he is the incumbent. To get replaced in SSB, a lot of stuff needs to go wrong for a character. Jigglypuff has been clinging to the series since SSB1 and she's never been important, relevant, or even liked. Ike is less relevant than Chrom now, but cutting Ike for Chrom, who shares all of Ike's signature moves (Aether and a Quick Draw-esque attack) would be similar to cutting Mewtwo for Lucario all over again. Except likely worse, since Lucario at least had the aura mechanic in his favor. And people still haven't gotten over Lucario.

Neither character is particularly adored for their personality, so it really does come down to incumbency vs. relevance. Roy was barely cut from Brawl, and I would argue Ike is more relevant now than Roy was then. So I think Ike has the necessary staying power. But we'll see. It's just a game. And I can always go back and play Brawl to get my Ike fix.

Neither character is particularly adored for their personality, so it really does come down to incumbency vs. relevance. Roy was barely cut from Brawl, and I would argue Ike is more relevant now than Roy was then. So I think Ike has the necessary staying power. But we'll see. It's just a game. And I can always go back and play Brawl to get my Ike fix.

hey when did Ana hijack this account

Edited by shadykid

Oh yeah, we only need Chrom, who thinks himself too pretty for the title of a king and prefers to stay a prince.

English version exclusive.

Granted, there's more problems with his management of defeated countries, but that's for another board.

HEY GUYS. WHAT IF THEY HAD THREE FE REPRESENTATIVES.

...but I *HONESTLY* wouldn't be surprised if Ike was cut for Chrom.

Keep in mind, Roy was the most recent poster boy for Binding Blade when Melee came out... Hell, his game came out AFTER his appearance in Smash.

Ike was the most recent poster boy during Brawl because of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

And now, Chrom is the most well known lord in recent times barring *THE* FE mascot known as Marth.

Edited by shadowofchaos

English version exclusive.

Granted, there's more problems with his management of defeated countries, but that's for another board.

HEY GUYS. WHAT IF THEY HAD THREE FE REPRESENTATIVES.

...but I *HONESTLY* wouldn't be surprised if Ike was cut for Chrom.

Keep in mind, Roy was the most recent poster boy for Binding Blade when Melee came out... Hell, his game came out AFTER his appearance in Smash.

Ike was the most recent poster boy during Brawl because of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

And now, Chrom is the most well known lord in recent times barring *THE* FE mascot known as Marth.

Indeed. And before anyone brings up Roy's leftover data in Brawl, do remember that it was still dummied out. Unless Sakurai actually comes out and says he was intended, it's more than likely just that: Dummied data.

Question of the century, right here. In my opinion, the JP voicing suits him well. Although, if they're going for an English VA, it better be damn good.

But I do wonder if they're going to give him an English VA now... that would be interesting.

And as for the VA question... *I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT*.

I'm sure the Wii U will be hacked... or at least hacked enough to play games regardless of the region lock by the time I get back in 2 years.

I'll get Smash 4 JP version to get Marth's JP VA, *AND* Sugita Chrom.

...or I'll just buy the 3DS version.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Indeed. And before anyone brings up Roy's leftover data in Brawl, do remember that it was still dummied out. Unless Sakurai actually comes out and says he was intended, it's more than likely just that: Dummied data.

pfft you think Roy fans care?

haha

Now that it's confirmed that Lucina won't replace Marth, for my part I definitely expect more then two Fire Emblem characters. Heck, if even Star Fox can have three similar characters, why not?

True that. I wouldn't really mind if the only playable FE reps end up being Marth, Ike, and Chrom. Because I'd still get Ike. :wub:

I also hope Chrom gets in for two reasons. It would shut Lucina fanboys up about her being the Awakening rep (Chrom is the main lord of the game, not her, and it would be stupid to add both of them unless they are playable as a pair like the Ice Climbers), and it would give Frederick good reason to be an assist trophy. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, one Fire Emblem Character reveal and the whole forum explodes into a "Who Else From Fire Emblem is Joining" debate! I semi-didn't expect that.

Marth's still top tier, Link's still bottom tier

Smash cycle truly continues

Well Normal Link is bottom, but Toon Link is Mid-High. Besides, unless you're a Tournament Player or a very, very serious Smash Player, tier lists have little effect on common play. Hell I can't tell the difference half of the time and, according to the most recent tier list, there's no way that R.O.B. (who is one of my mains), shouldn't be able to stand up to Meta Knight, yet I rarely lose to Meta Knight using him.

Edited by Naui

And as for the VA question... *I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT*.

I'm sure the Wii U will be hacked... or at least hacked enough to play games regardless of the region lock by the time I get back in 2 years.

I'll get Smash 4 JP version to get Marth's JP VA, *AND* Sugita Chrom.

...or I'll just buy the 3DS version.

Such silliness!

haha

Well, he only wasn't in it due to the time restraints, so I've heard.

And yet neither were likely chosen due to being recent.

But he still made it onto the disc, which means he made it into the development phase before he was removed. And if there is any "pattern" we can discern from Sakurai, it's that he likes to revisit old ideas/characters that he previously was unable to implement. (See also: Mewtwo, Dedede, Bowser being planned for Smash 64).

Wow, one Fire Emblem Character reveal and the whole forum explodes into a "Who Else From Fire Emblem is Joining" debate! I semi-didn't expect that.

Well Normal Link is bottom, but Toon Link is Mid-High. Besides, unless you're a Tournament Player or a very, very serious Smash Player, tier lists have little effect on common play. Hell I can't tell the difference half of the time and, according to the most recent tier list, there's no way that R.O.B. (who is one of my mains), shouldn't be able to stand up to Meta Knight, yet I rarely lose to Meta Knight using him.

worry not, friend, 'tis a mere jest

worry not, friend, 'tis a mere jest

Nah, it's fine. I knew something like this would happen.

Honestly I'd like Ike more than anything to return though Chrom is certainly a possibility to replace him. Ike was fun for me to use compared to playing as Roy since he had a unique moveset rather than being a Marth clone. Not to say that Roy probably wouldn't have received some variation akin to how Wolf/Falco fights slightly different from Fox or Toon Link to Link with some slight move variations. Plus Ike was a Heavy Swordsman compared to the agile 3 other Swordsmen in Brawl.

Roy was really only in Melee to promote his game and is the only Smash character ever to have such a distinction. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that how I size up his appearance. Ike was more so because he was the latest FE Lord and he had major differences from Marth and had more freedom to have some differences or maybe the time was right and they didn't have to rush to put him in as Roy probably received.

But anyways, there are a LOT of characters still up in the air and there is probably going to be even MORE characters in Smash 4 than in Brawl since each successive Smash game adds more characters. My only doubts for returnees who were introduced in Brawl is Wolf. Perhaps even Lucas but that one is slightly less than Wolf. R.O.B., Ike, and Lucario are a little less doubtful in my mind but there still lies the possibility that they may not return.

Edited by Naui

Lyn is joining, I'm from the future and know all.

I think Ike will return, I really do. I don't think Chrom would be a good replacement, and really there is no reason to cut Ike. Relevancy doesn't really have anything to do with it, if you ask me. And I also have a gut feeling that Roy will make a comeback...I don't know why, but I do.

And ya know, Lyn.

Lyn is joining, I'm from the future and know all.

I think Ike will return, I really do. I don't think Chrom would be a good replacement, and really there is no reason to cut Ike. Relevancy doesn't really have anything to do with it, if you ask me. And I also have a gut feeling that Roy will make a comeback...I don't know why, but I do.

There is certainly the possibility for a Roy return…but I'm feeling a bit pessimistic about a possibility for him to return, much less than Mewtwo coming back now that he has been brought back into Pokémon via that movie with his Y Mega Evolution.

Lyn would be an awesome addition, but I feel like she'd stay in her Assist Trophy status if that were to return. Out of all the Assist Trophies the ones who I'd change into playable characters would be the Custom Robo, Samurai Goroh, and Isaac. But hey, a guy can dream.

Edited by Naui

YES!!! I knew he'd be back! I'm glad they decided to use his FE11 and 12 design. Looks sick.

As for Ike, I really do think he'll return. He was a pretty damn popular lord in the first place, and his fighting style is unique enough to be considered a different character altogether. However, for that same reason, I am not expecting Roy back at all because he was similar to Marth from the get go, just a bit slower and more powerful. Hey, probably why Ike was put in the game in the first place, right? (besides the Tellius series advertising...)

haha

I think Roy and Mewtwo fans spin the data to how they want.

But the idea that they were cut by time constraints relies on the idea that not being in the roster in 2006 means that they were cut due to "time constraints." I'd rather not turn this to an FE next revealed thread though.

The heavy black in his design comes from Marth's Melee and Brawl designs. It appears Sakurai is keeping at least some aspects of his original redesigns, while merging them with the FE11/FE12 design.

Ugh, people whining about buffs and nerfs. Unless they really need them, they're fine. Give Ganon and co something that makes them at least mediocre and nerf Meta Knight a bit. No matter what, there will always be some characters that are better than others.

He is absolutely loved in Japan. He won the fe6 popularity contest there and is one of thr few characters the Japanese said would have made the brawl cast perfect alongside mewtwo.

Also people like me got into smash thanks to Roy so while SF in general may dislike Roy he isnt the most hated

Edited by Jedi

He is absolutely loved in Japan. He won the fe6 popularity contest there and is one of thr few characters the Japanese said would have made the brawl cast perfect alongside mewtwo.

Also people like me got into smash thanks to Roy so while SF in general may dislike Roy he isnt the most hated

*Cough Cough