Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

Roy was my main in Melee and he definitely got me into Fire Emblem. However, unlike other smashers I guess, I don't feel the need to advocate for a character for that reason, as Ike and other characters have overshadowed him in my own liking of characters. I also haven't played through his entire journey, so that impacts my judgment as well.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pants, Marth. Steal them from Asvel?

Awesome, the king is back.

I thought you were the king!

Sham that they seem to be stucking to his innaccurate portrayal.

?

If there's no reason, then I think everyone expecting there to be some sort of reason for the character confirmations just had a rude awakening.

I CALLED IT.

Love that they're using his FE12 design, though I wonder if this eliminates any chance of Lucina being a costume swap.

Most likely they're bring Chrom to replace Ike, but if they decide to keep Ike I hope they use his RD Vanguard appearance instead of his PoR Ranger one.

not particularly relevant, but:

http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/australian-npd-charts-oct-21-27/

Nintendo 3DS

1. Pokemon X (Nintendo)

2. Pokemon Y (Nintendo)

3. FIFA 13 (EA)

4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)

5. Skylanders SWAP Force (Activision)

6. Sonic: The Lost World (SEGA)

7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)

8. Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo)

9. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)

10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo)

lolwut

but if they decide to keep Ike I hope they use his RD Vanguard appearance instead of his PoR Ranger one.

Oh man eff that Sir buff McManroids look.

His official art as FE9 being used for the base for his Brawl appearance was quite the more "tasteful" route that deserves applause in my personal opinion.

It's like his growth as a character is more relatable with is FE9 look, rather than the brutish "I WILL KILL EVERYTHING" aura he has from the look (not as a character).

[/flameshield from a certain member]

守るべきものの為に、戦うだけだ does NOT fit with the FE10 design.

Edited by shadowofchaos

*I'm not surprised that Marth came back. Yes, his New Mystery of The Emblem look was better for him than Awakening's, but to anyone who hates Awakening's art and design style, please stop bashing on it because you're too used to the designs used from Binding Blade up to New Mystery of the Emblem.

*Guessing by how much influence the Japanese fan-base has on Fire Emblem, Ike's probably not coming back (he was largely unpopular in Japan for some strange reason but worshiped like a god everywhere else) and either Chrom or Lucina is probably going to take his place (I'd rather they join alongside him or at the very least have an Awakening character in there).

*I truthfully and honestly don't care too dreadfully if Roy doesn't make it;in my opinion he is just TOO exact to Marth's personality and game-play while the other's are a little more in depth than being a char-clone of Marth (seriously, EVERYONE from Binding Blade was some sort of repackaging from someone in the Akaneia series). All in all, I'm glad that Marth made it. Let's see who joins from the Fire Emblem Universe next...

I don't feel as if Chrom should replace Ike. Ike was unique in the sense he was a heavy swordsman and if obviously popular. Although Ike really being heavy in Path of Radiance? No, he's not. I think they made him heavy in Brawl to make him more unique from his already extremely generic persona, thus I find it unlikely he'll be cut. Plus he's the lord representing non-handle held games, sorry for Siguld and Leif, but Ike is currently the representation for Fire Emblem console games. Hopefully that changes in the future.

*I'm not surprised that Marth came back. Yes, his New Mystery of The Emblem look was better for him than Awakening's, but to anyone who hates Awakening's art and design style, please stop bashing on it because you're too used to the designs used from Binding Blade up to New Mystery of the Emblem.

Actually, Shadow Dragon had the most hated artwork. I personally find it better than Awakening's though. I think FE11 was to fit an old-like art, but with modern touch-ups, hence it's intense detail in the artwork.

Ike is still unique in the that he was a non noble lord. He fits Sakurais criteria as well and please. These are characters not reps.

Leif was almost in melee but Sakurai loved Roy's design so he used him. Also thosr saying Roy would still be a clone if he came back, that isnt exactly true. Stuff could be changed up he could go to a more wide sweeping unsheathing style of play with flame projecials (Check his sword of seals animations)

I did not say that Sakurai chooses Japanese fans over others. I just said that they have a stronger influence over Fire Emblem in particular than other fans do and compared to Nintendo's other series; this is obviously due to how Fire Emblem was unknown outside of Japan until Melee, and even then there were second thoughts on featuring Marth and Roy on the international version of said game.

*If they can make Roy stand out much more from Marth in personality and game-play, then I'll like him a lot more than I currently do. I don't hate Sakurai for his choices, and I'm positive that he make his own decisions more so than letting others decide for him or influence is desicions; but, not to intentionally offend anyone here, I truly believe that Japanese fans have a stronger hold on Fire Emblem than the rest of the fanbase. And I don't like the idea of characters getting replaced; however I did hear somewhere that this game may have a shorter roster than Brawl. So who knows who'll get replaced or dropped for this game.

*Personally I was weirded out by Shadow Dragon's art style (official artwork specifically, not the mugshots seen ingame). I adored the hell out of Fire Emblems art style, but I did like a good chunk of the post Jugdral-pre Awakening designs used for the characters. I tend to get a little sensitive when Awakening is bashed (it is my favorite and only Fire Emblem game).

Haha, I like.

Dunno if it means Australian gamers have good taste or software sales are really bombing over there.

Also, funny how the emblem on Marth's cape looks a bit like Thracia 776's logo.

Lucina is in this poll, but not Chrom? Chrom would make it as playable before her. :/

I voted Ike, obviously. He needs to be back.

Should Ike return, he needs his FE10 appearance - bulky build and Vanguard outfit. That fucking pauldron man.

This a million times!

We already had Ike and Roy, so I say no to them. Hector or Ephraim would be nice for not being sword using lords (and yes, I know Hector can use it upon promotion but it's still not his main weapon) specially Hector, I would love to see how he would work in SSB.

If we were to have a sword wielding Lord, I would want either Lyn or Lucina so we would have a female representative of FE.

I think one of the Avatars would be a nice way to have a customizable character in the game, but only that. If one of them would make it to the game, though, I think it would be the one from Awakening considering that FE12 wasn't released worldwide and Awakening's popularity

Chrom would make it as playable before her. :/

Just to play Devil's Advocate, since I think we're just getting Marth and Ike, what makes Chrom a more likely candidate than Lucina? She's more popular, is used to advertise the game just as much, was used on the cover of the artbook and soundtrack over him, and even got a figurine of her while he doesn't. IS seemed to be pushing her as Awakening's poster girl after it came out, and what better way to advertise Awakening than putting the poster girl in Smash?

Just to play Devil's Advocate, since I think we're just getting Marth and Ike, what makes Chrom a more likely candidate than Lucina? She's more popular, is used to advertise the game just as much, was used on the cover of the artbook and soundtrack over him, and even got a figurine of her while he doesn't. IS seemed to be pushing her as Awakening's poster girl after it came out, and what better way to advertise Awakening than putting the poster girl in Smash?

I was about to actually say the same thing.

...however keep in mind that those "promotions" via Lucina are specific to America and Europe.

I have waited too long for this confirmation...! I do like how he has kept his original look, however I wouldn't have minded the Awakening version to be honest. Still, there's the off-chance it may be an alternate costume (but it might be a bit too different...Didn't stop Wario in Brawl though)

I do get the impression that Chrom and Lucina will go in together though, because they are generally seen as a set. FE has really progressed and is one of the few Nintendo games that is still continuing as a series and surviving (namely Star Fox and Zelda, sticking to remakes)

I just hope that Lucina won't steal Marth's moveset as well as his name (when there was NO reason to except for marketing)...