Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

I like both Roy and Ike. I see no need for people to hurl mud at each others favorites, can we please cool down and discuss without a flame war?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, don't act like your opinions are fact. Ike being the "worst lord in the series" or a "fail lord" is your opinion and you don't need to force it down my throat. I said I don't like Roy, but I was only saying that to clarify that no bias was involved.

But, now I do know what people meant when they used to say I forced my opinions on others. So I'm thankful for that as well as sorry for my past behavior.

Also, there was no debate or anything over Ike and Roy, nor did Sakurai pick Ike simply because he favored him (we don't even know which lords Sakurai likes and dislikes). Sakurai went to IS and IS suggested Ike. IS seems to have a fondness for him as well considering the treatment they gave him in Awakening (descendant, paralogue named after him, his DLC map being the last in the first series (save the best for last anyone?), etc.), so I think they'd still want Ike in SSB. And they have some say in which FE characters get in the roster.

The Ike hate was mainly avoiding repetitive wording on my part. I'm not trying to tell you to hate Ike (the only person I'll ever try to make into an Ike hater seriously is my sister).

The whole debate thing was entirely theoretical. I do not know where your information is coming from, so my point is we really don't know when Roy was dummied. That's what I'm saying.

That said, what I said at first was mainly an expression of personal preference. Even if I rarely used Roy in Melee (The few times I did were only for Fangirl reasons, but at least Roy had good Dash speed), I'd rather him over Ike (Who I never use, because lolSSBIke).

Oh, I didn't think you were trying to get me to hate Ike, I just felt like you were all mad that I'm an Ike lover and a Roy hater. xP

But my mistake, you're right, you WERE just theorizing. I got my information from official sources that Smashboards found. I remembered reading it there.

Truth is, I preferred Roy over Marth in Melee myself, but only because Roy had fire. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I would prefer any other Lord over Roy making it in the next Super Smash Bros, Chrom and Lucina from Awakening being my personal favorites. Sakurai has stated before that no one is safe from being excluded from the game and has recently included assist trophies from previous games in that statement (Waluigi being the prime example as of now); so for those of you saying that someone will get in purely because of how much you like them, please stop it. This means all of the absolutely rabid Roy fans.

I would prefer any other Lord over Roy making it in the next Super Smash Bros, Chrom and Lucina from Awakening being my personal favorites. Sakurai has stated before that no one is safe from being excluded from the game and has recently included assist trophies from previous games in that statement (Waluigi being the prime example as of now); so for those of you saying that someone will get in purely because of how much you like them, please stop it. This means all of the absolutely rabid Roy fans.

I never said it was certain. All I said was that I wanted him back. Yes, I like Roy. Yes, I like Celica and Micaiah. I never said that any of them will definately be in the game.

The latter two are actually quite doubtful, and even I admit that. Roy would be the only one with a ghost of a chance, sadly. So let us cheer for who we want to cheer for, no matter how much you dislike/doubt them, and leave it at that.

I might not like Ike, but I could admit he had a high chance of being in.

Have we discredited Lucina or Masked Marth as an alternate costume for main Marth yet? I know I'm a clean two months late to the party, but the whole Wii fit trainer getting the male trainer as an alt just makes me uneasy about the idea.

Lucina is best as either a Marth costume or an assist trophy. Preferably the former so Frederick can fill the assist trophy role. :P

Chrom is the most likely candidate if there's going to be an Awakening rep, imo.

Lucina is best as either a Marth costume or an assist trophy. Preferably the former so Frederick can fill the assist trophy role. :P

Chrom is the most likely candidate if there's going to be an Awakening rep, imo.

I agree with this except for the assist trophy part about Freddy.

I can see (insert non-playable lord here) as an Assist Trophy more than Frederick. Lyn again, maybe Eliwood or Eirika.

Still don't really want a FE13 rep regardless of the likelyhood of it.

I agree with this except for the assist trophy part about Freddy.

I can see (insert non-playable lord here) as an Assist Trophy more than Frederick. Lyn again, maybe Eliwood or Eirika.

Still don't really want a FE13 rep regardless of the likelyhood of it.

Why can't there be more than one FE assist trophy? Plus, Frederick is practically made for that role. xP

I can clearly imagine it now: Chrom revealed as the FE newcomer one day, then a day or two later, Frederick shows up in a screenshot, standing in front of his lord to assist him. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Why can't there be more than one FE assist trophy? Plus, Frederick is practically made for that role. xP

I can clearly imagine it now: Chrom revealed as the FE newcomer one day, then a day or two later, Frederick shows up in a screenshot, standing in front of his lord to assist him. lol

Not counting Poké Balls, most series had one assist trophy in Brawl. Mario is the only exception I can think of, but Mario is the best selling game franchise ever. Fire Emblem isn't nearly as popular as it.

I say lords as assist trophies because FE is obviously not getting 17 playable reps. It would be awesome, but will never happen.

Assist trophies would result in one extra lord getting represented (In Brawl's case, Lyn). Frederick is not a lord. Lords represent the series better than he would, in all honesty, they're the heroes, the story centers around them.

If the last line is your reasoning, than why weren't Jeigan/Titania assist tropies in Brawl?

Eirika or Ephraim as an assist trophy? I'd be on board, as much as I feel Nintendo distributing Sacred Stones as an Ambassador game was just a long-term marketing ploy to boost awakening sales (it worked in my family anyway), I'm always thinking it could have been slightly more, maybe meant to reintroduce the twin(?) Lords from that game so everyone, general everyone here, doesn't react with the same "who's that?"

Eirika or Ephraim as an assist trophy? I'd be on board, as much as I feel Nintendo distributing Sacred Stones as an Ambassador game was just a long-term marketing ploy to boost awakening sales (it worked in my family anyway), I'm always thinking it could have been slightly more, maybe meant to reintroduce the twin(?) Lords from that game so everyone, general everyone here, doesn't react with the same "who's that?"

I'd love to see the Non-FE knowledgeable Smash fandom's reaction to Alm/Celica.

It would be hilarious.

Not everyone is an ambassador, though, I should probably point that out. I'm the only one of my RL friend circle who is. Of that RL circle, only Magyars and myself have played FE8 at all.

If the last line is your reasoning, than why weren't Jeigan/Titania assist tropies in Brawl?

Um, I never said that the only reason Frederick should be an assist is because he's a Jagen. But Jagen characters have been around just as long as lords have and are generally known for being the most important and and advisory member of their army. And what's more, in Frederick's case, coming to the aid and protection of his allies is a big part of his character. He's all about jumping in to protect them because of how loyal and serious he is about his job.

In fact, this alone is why I think he even has a chance of being an assist at all, regardless of how much I like him. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Um, I never said that the only reason Frederick should be an assist is because he's a Jagen. But Jagen characters have been around just as long as lords have and are generally known for being the most important and and advisory member of their army. And what's more, in Frederick's case, coming to the aid and protection of his allies is a big part of his character. He's all about jumping in to protect them because of how loyal and serious he is about his job.

In fact, this alone is why I think he even has a chance of being an assist at all, regardless of how much I like him. :P

Isn't protecting/advising a big part of every Jagen/Oifey's character? Seth pops to mind instantly, as does FE10 Sothe.

Jagens are only story important about half the time. Seth, Titania, Sothe, and Frederick are the ones that spring to mind, unless you count Sigurd because he's his own Jagen. Regardless, they are still overshadowed by the lord in story. I'm fairly certain they would want the more important characters to be represented in a series with as many characters as FE. As a result, a lord will likely be an assist trophy over him.

I'd love to see the Non-FE knowledgeable Smash fandom's reaction to Alm/Celica.

It would be hilarious.

Not everyone is an ambassador, though, I should probably point that out. I'm the only one of my RL friend circle who is. Of that RL circle, only Magyars and myself have played FE8 at all.

I wasn't trying to imply that everyone was an Ambassador, I just had a poor wording on that part of my post.

Making Alm the rep XD 90% of people would be so confused

I wasn't trying to imply that everyone was an Ambassador, I just had a poor wording on that part of my post.

Making Alm the rep XD 90% of people would be so confused

Especially since Celica had a brief mention in Brawl.

I'd prefer her though, since she was swords/magic. Alm was Swords/Bows, we have Link for that.

I consider her a better pick for Swords/Magic than Avatar at any rate. It saddens me that she's not in the poll...

Frederick is also the most exaggerated of the Jeigans, just like literally every other character in FE13 >_>

I would personally really like to see a couple of Lords as Assist Trophies. I really like the idea of Eirika and Ephraim being a team assist like the Lati twins and those two from Wario Ware I think?

I heard a rumor that Ike was being cut from Smashbros 4. tbh though I see it being likely because Ike was more of a move to increase popularity in the series than a popularity contest.

I heard a rumor that Ike was being cut from Smashbros 4.

And we know how reliable those always are.

tbh though I see it being likely because Ike was more of a move to increase popularity in the series than a popularity contest.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that Ike didn't get in on his own popularity, but rather as an attempt by Sakurai to increase the popularity o the FE series? If so,

a) Why does this imply that Ike won't be returning

and

b) What evidence do you have that this is the case?

I've heard a rumor that only ROB, Pokemon Trainer, and Snake are being removed. You're going to hear all sorts of things, dude. You can't believe any of it until Sakurai confirms or deconfirms it.

Also, it's impossible for Ike to have been added to advertise his games, because PoR came out three years before Brawl did and RD came out several months before in Japan. It WAS just barely released out west, but I don't think it would be smart to include a character in such a major title JUST to increase sales of another title in one area.

I also think Micaiah would've advertised RD better seeing as she's on the game's cover art. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Firstly, don't act like your opinions are fact.

*Snort*

Anyway, those who say the Avatar wouldn't work due to no stable design forget the existence of the villager, who ALSO has no set design.

Mind you, I'm not keen on the avatar getting into the game, but the no stable design is kind of a weak excuse.

*Snort*

Anyway, those who say the Avatar wouldn't work due to no stable design forget the existence of the villager, who ALSO has no set design.

Mind you, I'm not keen on the avatar getting into the game, but the no stable design is kind of a weak excuse.

The difference between Avatar and Villager is that the design of Villager is completely random, there's no off the bat customizing involved beyond gender. Avatar has off the bat customization, not to mention his/her stats were chosen by the player. If they were to be implimented, how would they function? Strong but Slow? Quick but weak? Both are completely possible in Awakening, alongside other builds. So there is that, too.