Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castle Siege is pretty generic, the firey area could be from, well, let's see... FE6, 7, 8, or 10, all of which have fire maps. (I can't remember any more...)

I wanna say FE6, because Castle Ostia and it's rebellion is the best bet, but that doesn't explain the Black Knight in the background of the second part. So... yeah, hodge podge.

As for a stage wish, I'll go with the swamp in FE10 1-8 I think it was. The water could slow everybody down. Tower of Guidance could be considered spoilerific from a certain point of veiw, then again, FE10 is over 5 years old now.

If Castle Siege's fire area was really the Kauku Caves, the falling rocks would've caused damage to the players lol. And the rocky platform wouldn't be raised in the air. So yeah, it's generic because other FE games have fire maps too. :P

Castle Siege is pretty generic, the firey area could be from, well, let's see... FE6, 7, 8, or 10, all of which have fire maps. (I can't remember any more...)

I wanna say FE6, because Castle Ostia and it's rebellion is the best bet, but that doesn't explain the Black Knight in the background of the second part. So... yeah, hodge podge.

As for a stage wish, I'll go with the swamp in FE10 1-8 I think it was. The water could slow everybody down. Tower of Guidance could be considered spoilerific from a certain point of veiw, then again, FE10 is over 5 years old now.

That's not the Black Knight in the background. If you look closely, the colour and shape of his armour doesn't match.

Castle Siege is just a generic stage loosley inspired by various types of locations from the FE series.

I still think that they're going to put in Chrom or Lucina in the next game if they do have another representative. They have introduced popular newer characters from more recent or upcoming titles in each game: Roy was in Melee to promote Binding Blade and Ike was represented in Brawl thanks to the Tellius series' popularity (though outside of Japan). Plus, Brawl introduced the least likely characters to be featured in any Nintendo game (Snake and Sonic). And while Sakurai said that he will focus less on newcomers/3rd party characters, if a Metal Gear representative makes it in but want to add someone other than Snake, they may put in Raiden from his Revengence incarnation seeing as how well liked he was starting from MGS4. The Wii Fit Trainer was possibly added to make up for the delayed Wii Fit U game seeing as to how it was supposed to be out by now, and they have long said that someone with the name "Man" would be in the next game, and he fits in quite nicely thanks to debuting on a Nintendo system. But for know we have absolutely no concrete idea that everyone will return (we saw as much with Brawl's exclusion of Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy) and Leif was ousted by Roy thanks to Roy having a better design in Sakurai's opinion.

I agree with RidellCrimea. My picks would be Ike and Ephraim alongside Marth, but given Awakening's success, Chrom will most likely be the third rep. But who knows, Sakurai might pull a surprise out of his game development hat.

• 1 month later...

yessssssss go rosalina. i need someone else to be besides peach. in relation to this thread, i'd like to see ephraim, though i highly doubt him arriving in the game.

Edited by Ellona Santiago

• 1 month later...

I really would like to see the avatar from FE13, because it´s the main character. There should be 3 different male and female types in the character selection, you can choose. The avatar cannot only use swords, but also tomes, so it would be a cross of Marth and Princess Zelda. Nothing against Chrom, but the avatar would be more interesting because of choosing the gender and the opportunity of using two different weapon types.

The Smash community doesn't "like" Ike much because he's not great in competitive matches, I think. xP He was actually used a fuck-ton online in 3-4 player matches. I should know, I wound up against him a LOT when I played random online matches.

Also, Ike has a unique playstyle, he's a default character (which have never been removed) there's no reason the Wii U version shouldn't have a Tellius stage, and he's pretty popular out west. I don't think he's going anywhere. Sakurai would be an idiot to cut him, imo.

The Smash community doesn't "like" Ike much because he's not great in competitive matches, I think. xP He was actually used a fuck-ton online in 3-4 player matches. I should know, I wound up against him a LOT when I played random online matches.

Also, Ike has a unique playstyle, he's a default character (which have never been removed) there's no reason the Wii U version shouldn't have a Tellius stage, and he's pretty popular out west. I don't think he's going anywhere. Sakurai would be an idiot to cut him, imo.

bolded: makes this lose about all credibility

i don't think ike's going anywhere though, for some of the reasons you stated.

Edited by Comet

I really would like to see the avatar from FE13, because it´s the main character. There should be 3 different male and female types in the character selection, you can choose. The avatar cannot only use swords, but also tomes, so it would be a cross of Marth and Princess Zelda. Nothing against Chrom, but the avatar would be more interesting because of choosing the gender and the opportunity of using two different weapon types.

Robin has no stable design, and swords/magic is NOT a unique trait amongst lords (Celica also had it...)

Honestly, I'm biased against FE13 picks, but I just can't see Avatar. The design is more customized then the AC villager (Heck, in AC (WW/CF anyway) you can't pick face style, it's random) which makes having them much more impractical.

Honestly, I hope Ike gets in. I like him a lot for casual play, but the Smash community doesn't, so yeah...

bolded: makes this lose about all credibility

i don't think ike's going anywhere though, for some of the reasons you stated.

Anti-Ike bias aside I doubt he's leaving.

I'd love it if they re-replaced him with Roy though.

and all his moves were the same, and all his moves had extremely similar hitboxes, and the fact that he's a copy-and-paste character with edited gameplay stats.

That's like saying Falco and Fox weren't clones because Falco's gun was stronger and made the enemy flinch.

They're clones, and they need more to differentiate them than just stat edits.

I never said he wasn't a clone. Moves and style are two different things. Marth fights from optimal distance between him and his foe. Roy fights up close abd into the foe's face.

Falcon and Ganon have relatively the same moveset, but you can't fight the same way. Ganon has a higher focus on power, while Falcon boasts power and speed together. Same moves, different style

He definitely should get a de cloning, but Roy's style is not the same as Marth's.

and all his moves were the same, and all his moves had extremely similar hitboxes, and the fact that he's a copy-and-paste character with edited gameplay stats.

That's like saying Falco and Fox weren't clones because Falco's gun was stronger and made the enemy flinch.

They're clones, and they need more to differentiate them than just stat edits.

The sweetspot of those hitboxes is different.

It was enough to drop him several tiers below Marth, along with susceptibility to juggling, iirc.

And if he does return I HIGHLY doubt he will be a straight up clone again.

Brawl had no true clones, and they're unpopular, so it's doubtful.

I'd love it if they re-replaced him with Roy though.

Ike never replaced Roy to begin with. :/

Roy was planned for Brawl alongside Ike, but Sakurai ran out of time. Roy was just lower on the priority list.

Ike never replaced Roy to begin with. :/

Roy was planned for Brawl alongside Ike, but Sakurai ran out of time. Roy was just lower on the priority list.

He should have been higher

Being lower priority seems pretty close to replaced to me...

Being lower priority seems pretty close to replaced to me...

But it's not exactly replacement. Sakurai didn't just say one day "screw Roy, Ike's just going to replace him all together." I don't even like Roy and I'm saying this. xP

But it's not exactly replacement. Sakurai didn't just say one day "screw Roy, Ike's just going to replace him all together." I don't even like Roy and I'm saying this. xP

As said before, why do you always point out what you don't like?

Also, Roy's coming back. I can see it.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

Sakurai favored the worst lord in the series over Roy. I don't particularly like Ike (duh), but the fact that Ike was prioritized when scraped for time ultimately led to Roy being replaced as a second rep. In Melee, Roy had priority over Leif. In effect, he 'replaced' Leif. Then between Melee and Brawl, Roy was scrapped during development, and we have no idea when in the development process this happened. The situation could have been similar, or they could have been working on Roy, debated on Ike and ultimately decided on the fail lord over Roy. That's how I see it anyway.

Of course, I'm also biased for Roy, but still.

Firstly, don't act like your opinions are fact. Ike being the "worst lord in the series" or a "fail lord" is your opinion and you don't need to force it down my throat. I said I don't like Roy, but I was only saying that to clarify that no bias was involved.

But, now I do know what people meant when they used to say I forced my opinions on others. So I'm thankful for that as well as sorry for my past behavior.

Also, there was no debate or anything over Ike and Roy, nor did Sakurai pick Ike simply because he favored him (we don't even know which lords Sakurai likes and dislikes). Sakurai went to IS and IS suggested Ike. IS seems to have a fondness for him as well considering the treatment they gave him in Awakening (descendant, paralogue named after him, his DLC map being the last in the first series (save the best for last anyone?), etc.), so I think they'd still want Ike in SSB. And they have some say in which FE characters get in the roster.

Edited by Anacybele