Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

So, I had a dream last night that Ike was revealed and shown to be able to pick between either his PoR Ranger outfit or his RD Hero outfit. Oh how I pray that this comes true! I want this so bad.

Oh come now Ana

We know that neither of those are the outfit you REALLY want to see Ike in. trollface_smiley.png

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think that if we got Ike, he would probably be updated to look more Radiant Dawn-y. I mean Marth got touched up a lot, so?

Yes Marth did get touched up artwise but remember some characters have and some haven't look at Link for example.

I do think giving more characters alternate costumes (like what Wario has) is a really good idea. Ike could keep his Ranger outfit as his "default", but get outfits based on his Lord/Hero/Vanguard looks. Plz not his Awakening DLC look though.... >.<

Ranger Ike is more well known more iconic than Hero Ike, so I doubt that his appearance will change much if he does come back

I reiterate my previous statement:

守るべきものの為に、戦うだけだ does NOT fit with the FE10 design.

While there are those of you that like Ike's FE10 outfit, you will have to admit that there's a divide with the fans when his look was finally revealed for Radiant Dawn, rather than his easily identifiable Ranger outfit.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yes Marth did get touched up artwise but remember some characters have and some haven't look at Link for example.

I think there is a reason Link is still based off Twilight Princess. If they went in the Skyward Sword direction, that would be fine for Link, but they would have to take a drastically different direction for Zelda and Ganondorf, in which they would have a Zelda who would look significantly different design-wise and wouldn't entirely make sense using magic attacks or turning into Sheik. And Ganondorf would have to be replaced entirely by Demise, which they would probably consider a bit questionable in terms of potential backlash.

And not only that, by using Twilight Princess' design they are able to keep using Sheik's Twilight Princess design without having to cut them unnecessarily OR make a whole new Sheik design based off of Skyward Sword. Or as some people have suggested, "replacing Sheik with Impa", which doesn't make the most sense.

So I think Ike could very well be based off Radiant Dawn, since it's not like it would throw the whole Fire Emblem series' design directions off.

I think Ike's fe10 proportions seem pretty average/nonoffensive as far as "heroic dude proportions" go. His arms aren't even bigger than his neck

I will admit, I don't want any Awakening characters in. Lucina would probably play way to similar to Marth, Robin's design is too unstable, and I simply don't like Chrom. I don't particularly like Ike either, so he's out of the wish list as well. He wasn't a very useful anyway.

Who I do wish for is Celica or MAYBE Micaiah. Celica, like Robin, had swords an magic in her time. Unlike Robin, her design is stable and set in stone. Not only that, Awakening exposed her to the rest of the world, so she's not completely unknown.

Roy would be choice three, b/c he could turn into a dragon for a Final Smash. *Gets glared at* I'm JOKING!

I seriously doubt we'll be seeing anything from before Path of Radiance. And Micaiah seems pretty iffy too, fortunately or unfortunately.

Ahem *Points at Marth.*

Eh, I guess I'm fine with whatever. Just please no Ike. I'd just prefer a magic-based lord whose design is stable. It just happens that one is almost as old as Marth and the other is really unpopular which sucks but whatever.

Ranger Ike is more well known more iconic than Hero Ike, so I doubt that his appearance will change much if he does come back

But Marth's new design isn't well-known or iconic because FE12 never made it out of Japan. I don't think it's completely impossible for Sakurai to decide to make Hero Ike the default Ike this time. Besides, with him, anything can happen at this point, really.

Oh come now Ana

We know that neither of those are the outfit you REALLY want to see Ike in. trollface_smiley.png

Uh...? Unless you mean Vanguard Ike, I have no idea what you're talking about. xP I don't really like his Awakening design. It's too scrawny and short. Ike is a tall hunky musclehead mercenary, not a short skinny dork.

I will admit, I like Vanguard Ike best, but I wouldn't complain if we got Hero Ike instead. Personally, I want Ike to be able to use all of his outfits, Awakening included, so all Ike fans are pleased.

Marth also has more than just three looks to choose from, and New Mystery is by far the best design for him., It also serves as an update for his original SSB, considering that that is from the original Mystery of the Emblem.

No fans would be happy about Awakening Ike doe. :<

And he's implying you would rather have Ike with no clothes at all. :3

But Marth's new design isn't well-known or iconic because FE12 never made it out of Japan. I don't think it's completely impossible for Sakurai to decide to make Hero Ike the default Ike this time. Besides, with him, anything can happen at this point, really.

You forget about FE11. His SSB4 design reflects both FE11 AND 12

Also, fun fact: Marth's white costume pallette was inspired by Leif

Edited by Hero-King

And he's implying you would rather have Ike with no clothes at all. :3

...What. EW. No! I won't deny that shirtless Ike would look sexy, but I NEVER ever want to see a man's lower body naked! Male anatomy looks gross. No offense to men out there. In fact, I find that female anatomy can look pretty blegh too sometimes.

Ick, nostalgia overdose alert...I don't have a problem with nostalgia itself, but too many people just take the fun out of wanting to play older games.

* I personally love Ike's Vanguard design much better than any other design, but I can't see how it's going to make it in. Only ONE character in the entire series had alternate costumes, that person being Wario, a character from the Super Mario Bros. Franchise (which is exceedingly many times more popular than Fire Emblem). Zero Suit Samus does not count as one and neither does Sheik since they have separate playstyles from their alternate formes, and original Wario is exactly the same as Warioware Wario in every possible way not counting aesthetics. They may not even give him extra costumes this time or anyone else.

* While I'm also up for the idea of a female Lord being playable, how many female lords are there barring Lyndis? Not too many people tolerate Eirika (who is a favorite of mine), Micaiah is generally hated by everyone, and they are other lords more popular than Lyndis, almost none of them are females. Popularity alone does not snag one a spot in Smash Bros. (we learned this around Melee's release and Brawl's release). Yes, there are basically only 3/4 females in Smash Bros, but that's because the males outrank them due to Nintendo's franchises being almost purely centered around the males (something I detest with a passion, and I'm a male too). And Sakurai has been known to include recent characters either to promote their games or to represent the newest games made. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

If they were to bring Ike back (which I sorta think they will), then I'd bet they'd give him a little redesign/upgrade like they did Marth. I like his Brawl look just fine, but I wouldn't mind it if they gave him his Radiant Dawn look...and I really don't care for his RD look that much lol. But *shrugs* I'd sorta hope they have alternate costumes, being able to switch would be cool. Just imagine if Roy came back, being able to switch to his Awakening artwork outfit. Pure. Awesome.

I think the most they would do is maybe spruce up his design to fit with the other redesigns, but not much if anything beyond that.

Roy's Awakening costume is neat and all, but it's really just the Mecenary clothes, which is kinda lame tbh.

Edited by Kon

I like Awakening Ike's outfit, I just don't like how scrawny the artist made him look, as I said. Even PoR Ike isn't that short and skinny. As long as the Ike model in SSB4 is still the hunkier Ike we actually got in his games, I wouldn't mind seeing the Awakening outfit.