Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

he could be de-cloned(like Sakurai did with most of the other Melee clones that returned in Brawl.

Eh, no thanks. Sakurai done a pretty bad job, even with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, despite being reworked, he still uses very similar movements or general actions to that of Captain Falcon which is incredibly needless as it didn't represent Twilight Princess Ganondorf but rather a remade Melee version of Ganondorf with an updated look.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably because the characters were already established and predisposed with specific movesets in mind. And as we've seen with some of the new images and movies, several (if not all) characters are unchanged in terms of movesets.

Except I doubt he'd show two FE fighters so near each other, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. If we do get a character update it'll probably be Yoshi or someone obvious that still hasn't been confirmed, I think.

Well they've already shown every Mario character (not counting Yoshi or Wario since they represent their own series) unless we get a Mario newcomer, so I don't think it's too improbable that they'd show another FE character. Yes it probably won't happen, but it is a possibility. Ike being shown would be cool but it'd be cooler if Roy or Lyn was shown.

Of course, I don't think Roy or Lyn are anywhere near as cool as Ike, but each to their own. lol

It's not totally doubtful that Ike will be shown, I agree. But yeah, there probably isn't a great chance of it either. xP

I'd rather have one more newcomer revealed by the end of this year rather than hearing about veteran characters we already know are coming back. Yoshi probably won't be revealed until more details about Yarn Yoshi are revealed, plus he's an obvious returning vet. I'm satisfied with the amount of announcements for returning characters, especially Sonic who I thought might not come back.

Still I hope that there is one newcomer confirmed this month. Still praying for Isaac or Little Mac.

I mean Yoshi isn't necessarily the most likely veteran to be revealed next, I just meant it's more likely someone "more important" will be revealed before a second FE character. Could be Zelda, Meta Knight, another Pokémon, etc. As for newcomers, it would be an awesome Christmas present from Sakurai but I'm a little skeptical.

But we don't know for sure if Ike is returning. Better that Sakurai get the vets that the fans are skeptical about out of the way first to settle their worries if you ask me.

But we don't know for sure if Ike is returning. Better that Sakurai get the vets that the fans are skeptical about out of the way first to settle their worries if you ask me.

While everyone seems on the fence that Ike seems 50/50 I personally feel he will remain. I also hope for his return considering he was my favorite new style out of all the newest characters along with Sonic.

Hmm…yeah clear the fog of the less than obvious characters. But at this point the ones I'd put under here is (at least of the non-one-off characters) R.O.B., Ike, and Lucario, and Snake. I still think the former two have a high chance of returning but Lucario might get replaced with Mewtwo now that there is his mega evolution. Snake is a bit shaky but since Sonice is returning, he may be back too.

And then of the one-offs, only Wolf seems unlikely to return out of everyone…perhaps Lucas too though he has a better chance than Wolf, the second Fox one-off clone.

Edited by Naui

Hmm…yeah clear the fog of the less than obvious characters. But at this point the ones I'd put under here is (at least of the non-one-off characters) R.O.B., Ike, and Lucario. I still think the former two have a high chance of returning but Lucario might get replaced with Mewtwo now that there is his mega evolution.

And then of the one-offs, only Wolf seems unlikely to return out of everyone…perhaps Lucas too though he has a better chance than Wolf, the second Fox one-off clone.

Wolf is hardly a clone of Fox, look at all of their A moves and just how differently their B's look and work. Plus Sakurai has wanted Wolf in smash since 64 I can't see him being like NOPE

Also fun fact in Brawl was that Mewtwo was planned alongside with Lucario so "replacement" is a bit harsh, same with Roy and Ike.

Wolf is hardly a clone of Fox, look at all of their A moves and just how differently their B's look and work. Plus Sakurai has wanted Wolf in smash since 64 I can't see him being like NOPE

Also fun fact in Brawl was that Mewtwo was planned alongside with Lucario so "replacement" is a bit harsh, same with Roy and Ike.

I didn't say that he was a clone, but a one-off. His moves are essentially, in motion and execution, the same as Fox but with slightly different properties or at least his specials are. I do like Wolf a lot and I play as him more than any of the other Star Fox characters, but if they were to axe someone out of the cast, Wolf would unfortunately be my choice.

Yeah, there's coding in Brawl for Mewtwo and Roy.

I didn't say that he was a clone, but a one-off. His moves are essentially, in motion and execution, the same as Fox but with slightly different properties or at least his specials are. I do like Wolf a lot and I play as him more than any of the other Star Fox characters, but if they were to axe someone out of the cast, Wolf would unfortunately be my choice.

Fair enough.

Also does anyone think that a console FE will get a stage on the Wii U version of Smash 4? Considering we already have Arena Ferox for the 3DS

For Console FE's we have the choice of FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE5, FE9 and FE10 for stage possiblities.

If there is a Fire Emblem stage it'll be a Tellius stage if we're keeping it real unless there's a new console FE unveiled or something (not impossible- FE12 was only announced about 3 months before release date). I would love to see a Tower of Guidance stage if we're talking Tellius but I think it'd be kind of weird in a Smash environment. I could see something done with it, though- the first floor in particular seems promising with all the different platforms connected by stairs and the huge drops. Most of the other floors seem weird because they're right up to the wall except the third, which doesn't quite have the layout I could see Floor 1 being. Yeah that, could be an incredible stage the more that I think about it and I totally hope it happens.

I think being more realistic would be another Castle Siege type stage, though, or at least something more generic. I did like Castle Stage's dynamic feel to it.

Also does anyone think that a console FE will get a stage on the Wii U version of Smash 4? Considering we already have Arena Ferox for the 3DS

I think there will be. But as Sakurai stated, the stages in each version are tailored to either home console or handheld games. Most likely if Smash 4 Wii U were to get a stage for FE it'd be something from the Tellius Series if anything. My guess it'd probably be either at the Tower of Guidance or maybe Castle Crimea.

While everyone seems on the fence that Ike seems 50/50 I personally feel he will remain. I also hope for his return considering he was my favorite new style out of all the newest characters along with Sonic.

Yeah, I think he'll stay too, I agree. And I'm simply an Ike fangirl, so yeah. lol

If there is a Fire Emblem stage it'll be a Tellius stage if we're keeping it real unless there's a new console FE unveiled or something (not impossible- FE12 was only announced about 3 months before release date). I would love to see a Tower of Guidance stage if we're talking Tellius but I think it'd be kind of weird in a Smash environment. I could see something done with it, though- the first floor in particular seems promising with all the different platforms connected by stairs and the huge drops. Most of the other floors seem weird because they're right up to the wall except the third, which doesn't quite have the layout I could see Floor 1 being. Yeah that, could be an incredible stage the more that I think about it and I totally hope it happens.

I think being more realistic would be another Castle Siege type stage, though, or at least something more generic. I did like Castle Stage's dynamic feel to it.

I actually could see the Great Bridge between Crimea or Daein being a stage too, I mean we already have a stage like a brawl one but different [skyloft] why not have a Bridge that isn't Eldin as well?

That is definitely a possibility. I didn't remember the Great Bridge at all when I wrote that post but it's one of I think 2 maps that shows up in both Tellius games and they're both pretty important chapters. I would say think that's the most likely Tellius stage.

That is definitely a possibility. I didn't remember the Great Bridge at all when I wrote that post but it's one of I think 2 maps that shows up in both Tellius games and they're both pretty important chapters. I would say think that's the most likely Tellius stage.

Exactly my thought on it, do you think the potholes or ballista would be hazards? :P

I think a hilariously trolltastic FE stage could be Armdas' cavern.

Fog of War that reduces visibility, poison spouts, and thieves who run around the stage and steal items.

'twould be hilarious.