Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

Due to Lucario's significance in X/Y, I'm not too sure on that one myself, PKL. He IS one of the Pokemon given a Mega-Evolution and is also the very first Pokemon that you can Mega-Evolve. That's something within itself right there.

If anyone gets cut at all, I believe it;s going to be Red, but only so to switch him out for Calem.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except you have a precedence for sniping all things Awakening. Chrom is a more logical choice because, whether you like or hate Awakening, he's the poster boy for the most recent Fire Emblem.

Ike is a has-been at this point.

Doesnt help Chrom that he is a lazy Marth/Ike rehash that doesnt do either well

Doesnt help Chrom that he is a lazy Marth/Ike rehash that doesnt do either well

Yeah...and didn't his VA say he hasn't worked on smash? I think that almost de-confirms him.

@ Vashiane- fair enough. It doesn't seem like anyone is likely to be cut tbh.

Yeah...and didn't his VA say he hasn't worked on smash? I think that almost de-confirms him.

@ Vashiane- fair enough. It doesn't seem like anyone is likely to be cut tbh.

True. I recall that interview where Sakurai expressed his regrets for having to cut Roy and Mewtwo... he really did not want to do that, and I don't see it happening unless they run into a similar issue.

Relvance means crap also. I mean we have 3 Star Fox characters. When was their last new game!? 7 plus years ago

Thank you, Jedi.

Edited by Vashiane

Vash has it down. Sakurai KNOWS each character has fans. hell, Roy and Mewtwo were planned for brawl with 5 others but Subspace and the late addition of Sonic cut them out

I'm sorely tempted to just take a third option and root for Roy instead of Ike or Chrom at this point...

4797066+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5

Relvance means crap also. I mean we have 3 Star Fox characters. When was their last new game!? 7 plus years ago

Technically when Brawl was released, the most recent SF game was only 2 years old.

And don't forget about SF643D

Instead of subspace, they should've actually playtested brawl >_>. At least we know smash 4 is being playtested! Also, I wonder what happened to the Ice Climbers. If Sakurai can't make them work for the 3DS (4 Ice Climbers on the field made it laggy or something) then they will be cut from both D:

Instead of subspace, they should've actually playtested brawl >_>. At least we know smash 4 is being playtested! Also, I wonder what happened to the Ice Climbers. If Sakurai can't make them work for the 3DS (4 Ice Climbers on the field made it laggy or something) then they will be cut from both D:

I heard that they're working on that, so the Ice Climbers are most likely IN the game, but we haven't seen them yet due to them probably testing that sort of thing out.

You mean all he has in common with practically ALL the lords.

Heavy or not, there's still no diversity with the weapon choice. Hector, Ephraim or Micaiah would bring something new and fresh. Ike brings...another sword.

Think on this for a minute.

There are a few lords that don't use swords or have blue hair. Ephraim and Lyn have green hair, Micaiah has white, Roy and Eliwood have red hair. Hector uses an axe, Ephraim uses a lance, Micaiah uses magic. Oh, also, Leif has brown hair, Alm has green hair, Celica has red hair and uses magic.

And yeah, Ike brings another sword that acts far more like a club in SSB than it does a true sword.

Edited by Anacybele

This talk about Ike being different is funny consideirng that Ike is(IIRC) the only Lord who is officially confirmed to be based on another Lord, and thats before lampshading the absurd amount of simmilarity of Ike and Leif

Not to mention Ike's role as a heavyweight Fire Emblem character AND a heavyweight swordsman can be easily replaced by someone else.

In the Fire Emblem category, there's Hector, of course. And while, yes, Ike also uses axes in his promotions, his signature weapon is still a sword, whereas Hector's signature weapon - and its legendary counterpart - are both axes. That's quite unique in itself.

In terms of the SSB series... there's Ganondorf. Disappointingly, he didn't use his sword in Brawl, but he does have one and is stated to be an excellent swordsman in his own game. He's slow, heavy, and hits hard - practically what Ike does as well.

Why are y'all bringing Hector and Ephraim into this? They're never gonna make it in SSB.

It would be lovely if they did, and they ARE the main lords of their respective games, so it's a possibility. A slim one, but a possibility, so I used him as an example.

Why are y'all bringing Hector and Ephraim into this? They're never gonna make it in SSB.

Exactly. But Ike still has a chance, relevance, and popularity. Also, I don't think Ike is the only lord that's based on another lord. Chrom appears to be based on both Ike and Marth while Lucina is definitely based on Marth.

And Lucina could've filled Marth's role easily. But she didn't replace him, did she?

Edited by Anacybele

Exactly. But Ike still has a chance, relevance, and popularity. Also, I don't think Ike is the only lord that's based on another lord. Chrom appears to be based on both Ike and Marth while Lucina is definitely based on Marth.

Chrom is... while Chrom is from the most recent game, he is FAR from unique, I am not going to deny that at all.

Woo!!! My #1 favourite Smash Bros. character is back!!! =D

ImGunnaBeAHero_zpsa140c1b7.gif

(does a happy dance)

Marth's looking really awesome in HD. I really like that they used his FE12 appearance.

Hmm... Would I get in trouble from SF mods for quoting "Marth won't return in SSB4" and "Marth will be cut for Lucina" posts on SF and post the Tidus laughing scene right after? I'm tempted to, but it'd be quite rude.

I like that new design, it's awesome.

Thank you Nintendo for revealing Marth on my birthday.

It's your birthday today? Nice!

Out of curiousity, are you warbearer on gonintendo, or it is just a coincidence that he also shares your birthday? It's likely the latter, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

This also must mean Ike is cut...

I hate this so much... I'll miss you, Ike... I hope fans enjoy their new, more unoriginal rep in Chrom (the only possible second FE rep right now).

What?! That's a rather big conclusion to jump to. I know you posted later on saying that Ike isn't guaranteed out and is just more unlikely to be in SSB4, but either way I still don't think Marth's reveal today lessens Ike's chances at all. I mean, Marth is the #1 mascot of FE, so him being revealed before Ike wasn't too out of the ordinary. I mean, Luigi was revealed before Peach for SSB4 and Luigi was a secret character while Peach wasn't. Also, seeing how they have Marth advertising FE13 on the Official Smash Bros. site, I doubt that Chrom or Lucina is in and replacing Ike since Sakurai would've saved the FE13 link for their reveals rather than Marth's.

I'm glad that Marth got revealed, at least. Would have preferred Ike (one of my mains in Brawl), Chrom, or another newcomer, but hey, a new character reveal is better than just a vague image from Sakurai's Miiverse account, right? To the people bitching about Marth: just be happy that we've finally got someone else here. That's all that really matters.

tumblr_lxlomqXnkg1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Yay my favourite character is back!

I hope they don't nerf him again like they did in brawl or I will abandon SSB4 out of sheer anger.

Also he could be given a pink coloured alternate outfit,

those are my requests.

I'm a little sad with the new design :(

not man skirty enough, but at least he's not wearing a mask that covers up his pretty boy face.

Petition for the return of Marthy-Marth

Since nintendo said they would be getting ride of a lot of third party characters for this game (source: shmo told me)

I think it's likely he'll be the only fire emblem character this time around

[spoiler= no shipping]

802469692_2063620.gif

Missing out of this great content ^

I'm tired of Marth always being the bottom anyway, he is a real man

At least we'll have Marth though

[spoiler=inspiring cosplay]

taro_as_marth_by_taromaster4-d4rkl1z.jpg

may this never end

BEN IS A MARTH FANBOY

"he is my bishie" - Ben in Micronesia

Edited by meibum

Marth was actually nerfed in Brawl? :o

I thought he was quite strong, really. Fast, agile, difficult to hit, and with a pretty stellar air-game.

But ah, I'm no SSB expert...

And I know Sonic isn't EXACTLY third-party, as his games have appeared on Nintendo console (like the recently released Sonic: Lost World) of course, but I mean... he's in. That's something.

And I know Sonic isn't EXACTLY third-party, as his games have appeared on Nintendo console (like the recently released Sonic: Lost World) of course, but I mean... he's in. That's something.

Having games on Nintendo systems doesn't change the fact that he's owned by a company that isn't owned by Nintendo.