FE6 Girls Only LTC

Espinosa

Some more stuff  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Try to train Miledy?

• Yeah, she has good growths and levels fast.
    • Instapromote for 8 move and compensate for the lack of levels with boosters
  2. 2. Try going for a second Warper besides Niime?

• Yeah, do your best with Ellen (as of C14, L6.99/0 and 90% into D-C staves)
    • Don't bother; the low-turn direction won't allow this
  3. 3. Fa?

Challenge playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbSv8zSDR9c2roJ5xHQ7WimOHi0qPdml4

Started another one of these. FE6 gives you some great female units to control, though a bit too many staff/bow users and pegs. Since HM makes it almost impossible to play the early chapters with just Roy and Thany unless you rig everything all the time to the max and/or stop to max their support early so I'm going for a Normal Mode experience. The boss stats are surprisingly similar between the two modes actually.

This video shows the first 5 chapters and if you go to the YouTube description you can find the shortcuts to each chapter.

[spoiler=Turn Counts]

C1 7
C2 8
C3 8
C4 7
C5 4
C6 8
C7 7
C8 15
C8x 6
C9 6
C10 5
C11 9
C12 5
C12x 5
C13 5

[spoiler=Stat boosters]

4 Angelic Robe - Thany
11 Angelic Robe - Lalum
11 Dracoshield - ???
11 Speedwings - ???
13 Body Ring - ???

[spoiler=Promotions]

8 Thany - Falcoknight
12 Sue - Nomad Trooper
13 Tate - Falcoknight
13 Fir - Swordmaster

[spoiler=Supports]

9 C - Lilina X Roy

One thing that surprises me right now is Roy's defence. I'd probably appreciate it if he weren't screwed in speed instead, though.

Currently in chapter 6, wondering if this is the right chapter to speak to Cath (I have plenty to choose from to recruit her on the 3rd map of my choice). Still need to do some research on that and carefully analyse the info I get to make an informed decision.

Edited by Espinosa

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot, let's go, Espinosa!

Train Wendy, I guess. She might get a few opportunities to see combat, you know?

Also I think Tate will wallop the most. :P :Tate: *totally not biased even though she's my favorite character in the game*

Tempted to vote Thany because you're almost TAS'ing those levels. But Miledy is Miledy. Roy will suck as usual even though he got nice early levels because of the nature of the run. I'm thinking either Lilina or Sophia, but went with Sophia for some reason. I don't think the 3 of them would be useful at all to LTC but w/e.

Tate will have a hard time walloping anything because she joins in chapter 11 with 6 str 11 spd. The absence of HM bonuses hurts her a lot (though she should still be about as good in relation to mooks as she is in HM). It hurts Miledy too actually - joining with 12 str, 10 spd is impressing nobody but I'm guessing she will play an important part in the run regardless due to being a mobile unit with good bulk. We'll see what happens, we'll see.

It looks like Fir might be really hurt by NM too, arriving just two chapters before Echidna with really awful stats. I think I could always have Sue and promoted fliers use swords if necessary.

Lilina does have the time to grow, I believe, and I think Bolting access may well be her selling point in this playthrough, since it helps with the enemies you can't target at 1-2 range, bosskilling and I think it had some endgame use as well? Waiting for Cecilia takes too long.

The level of manipulation is on the whole very low here - I burned 2 RNs on the very first turn of the first map so that Roy wouldn't be stuck on the same tile on the 2nd turn, and I burned 4 RNs in chapter 3 so that Roy could countercrit the boss with the Rapier. Everything else is just the sequencing of actions that I do whenever I play GBA LTC as well as awareness of the RNG. Of course Thany's str level-ups will benefit me a lot, but if I were rigging low% crits and similar impossible things all the time you'd see path RNG burning in-between every action or something. Nothing wrong with that, but my zone of comfort permits a great deal less of manipulation.

Hmm that's true; it's not possible to get the Delphi Shield if I don't deploy Cath (can't have Astohl/Chad gain exp in this run). I guess it's Ray's chapter I'm skipping then.

The stats seem similar enough to me, though not nearly the same of course. Henning only has +2 str and +1 spd in NM, which doesn't make him much simpler to KO (+5 HP/+1 def). The throne bonuses are still the same too. Not having Rutger and having a bad Fir makes killing bosses hard later on in the run (and I needed Rapier crits for some of the early ones).

I think Roy has dibs on some of the stat boosters assuming he continues to refuse to grow speed well.

Hmm that's true; it's not possible to get the Delphi Shield if I don't deploy Cath (can't have Astohl/Chad gain exp in this run). I guess it's Ray's chapter I'm skipping then.

The stats seem similar enough to me, though not nearly the same of course. Henning only has +2 str and +1 spd in NM, which doesn't make him much simpler to KO (+5 HP/+1 def). The throne bonuses are still the same too. Not having Rutger and having a bad Fir makes killing bosses hard later on in the run (and I needed Rapier crits for some of the early ones).

I think Roy has dibs on some of the stat boosters assuming he continues to refuse to grow speed well.

Another conundrum: what treasures, if any, are you getting from chapter 6?

Hmm that's true; it's not possible to get the Delphi Shield if I don't deploy Cath (can't have Astohl/Chad gain exp in this run).

you don't need to outspeed enemies to steal from them. rather, the problem is that astor and chad aren't female.

The stats seem similar enough to me, though not nearly the same of course. Henning only has +2 str and +1 spd in NM, which doesn't make him much simpler to KO (+5 HP/+1 def). The throne bonuses are still the same too.

henning has 13 def in HM, not 12.

Yeah Niime is a big girl and I think also the only viable Warper. Not sure if I can get Ellen the staff rank to use Warp for 16x for example - she starts with D staves, one rank lower than Saul, gets to promotion slower, and has even more trouble having somebody wounded healed because there are fewer units to perform infrastructure tasks. Looks like 16x will be done the hard way... Uh oh!

Clarine is much more likely to be in range of wounded allies thanks to her mount but will also probably be performing utility as a rescuebot, and her base level is even worse. Probably not reaching promotion ever, but C rank staves for Restore should be desirable regardless.

you don't need to outspeed enemies to steal from them. rather, the problem is that astor and chad aren't female.

I know that. I'm still permitting Chad and Astohl to lockpick as long as they don't get into combat or gain exp (by stealing too), so that when I beat the game I can see pretty .00 on all male characters remind me I did a good job with this mini-objective.

Chad being around means I can open some chests in C6, too, but I imagine Thany will be opening the door to Sue unless I decide to send her to the centre of the map to solo the enemies over there.

C6 looks like a 7-turn at best with some effort, since Roy can talk to Cath on turn 6 earliest, then requiring a rescuechain to be dropped 4 squares away from the throne, and I'll have 3 mounted units available by then.

henning has 13 def in HM, not 12.

We have it wrong on-site, then.

on average he gets closer to 12 def, but the only consistent method to generating the chapter yields a 13 def henning.

also i'm pretty sure that he has 18 spd, too, because i was pretty mad that spd-blessed rutger couldn't double him with a killing edge.

Miledy is still a great unit on NM because of her growth, con, def and quick promo gains, but in this LTC I would think Thany can actually surpass her being basically THE premiere combat unit for about half the game. She's been doing rather well in my run so far for the only flier on HM as well.

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...

tbqh if I could have 4 Dorothys instead of 1, a lot of the issues I face in each map would go away more or less fully. Even an archer is fine when you experience a shortage of playable units.

And wow LTCing chapter 6 is actually pretty damn hard. Even an 8-turn (initially presumed a 7-turned by naively counting squares and assuming everybody would get everywhere on time) is difficult to get. Recruiting Sue and talking to Cath make logistics troublesome.

I think I'll enjoy using Sue though. Maybe she'll even get to Armorslayer? Not sure, but Thany is definitely getting there by the time all the armoured bosses start appearing again after C8.

Chapter 7... looks difficult to figure out, but the enemy density is lower than it is on HM and their stats are nowhere as crazy too. I need Noah for Fir in just 2 chapters from now, and I think I might as well recruit Zealot and Treck for their weapons. Might as well just do it on the last turn because dealing with the enemies to the east without guests' help sounds a bit too hard. Oh right, I do need Zealot to hire Juno and actually get the good ending.