Lucia vs. Lucina

NyanKitteh

Lucia vs Lucina  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you like more overall?

Nowai, that's Lugh

I suppose Shin meant the truest of the Lucies.

Lucia starts with long blue hair and ends with short blue hair.

Lucina starts with short blue hair and ends with long blue hair.

Totally irrelevant, but whatever.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucia, no contest. As stated before, Lucina is bland and boring as hell. Lucia is actually interesting, imo, and she had a nice role in part 2. She was wiling to die to save her country. That takes a lot of guts. Her sisterly relationship with Elincia is cute too, and I love having her and Geoffrey tease one another in my writing! Sometimes Elincia is even in on it for obvious reasons. Siblings are so fun. lol

Lucia, no contest. As stated before, Lucina is bland and boring as hell. Lucia is actually interesting, imo, and she had a nice role in part 2. She was wiling to die to save her country. That takes a lot of guts. Her sisterly relationship with Elincia is cute too, and I love having her and Geoffrey tease one another in my writing! Sometimes Elincia is even in on it for obvious reasons. Siblings are so fun. lol

someones biased

^expecting a hater to keep his facts straight?

ha

It's a simply mix up of names in the heat of battle. Embarrassing to be sure, but that alone hardly invalidates what I said.

But I guess getting hung up on that and insulting me is just too much of convenient way to ignore what I actually wrote.

Edited by BrightBow

There are strict rules concerning state your opinion threads. You have to judge all units impartially, or it won't work. You are allowed to add or subtract no more than 1 point for bias.

Anacybele didn't say anything about Lucia or Lucina's worth in gameplay though

In fact I thought Banzai was referring to Anacybele's Elincia bias making her like Lucia more, or something of the sort

Lucina does nothing whatsoever in the plot? You know apart from getting Basillio to hold back on Walhart, thus saving him, thus saving Chrom. But nope, remove Lucina and nothing would change at all.

Anyway, I love Lucia's look but then that evil revolutionairy cut her hair, ruining it. Thus my vote goes to the one with the cool tiara.

Lucina does nothing whatsoever in the plot? You know apart from getting Basillio to hold back on Walhart, thus saving him, thus saving Chrom. But nope, remove Lucina and nothing would change at all.

That is exactly the kind of scenes I mean when i say Lucina feels tagged on. Scenes where indeed nothing would change if Lucina wasn't involved.

What did Lucina actually do? She warned Basillo that Wallhart would kill him

How did Basllo react? He assured her that he would survive by simply avoiding the guy who would kill him.

What did he actually do when he saw Wallhart? He charged at him blindly.

The whole scene played out as if she never warned him in the first place.

And Basillo didn't survive because of Lucina's warning.

Lucina's warning wouldn't protect him from getting an axe critical to the face. That was the plot wizard.

And given that Basilio even said that he was almost dead, it's a lot more believable that he was simply unable to keep fighting rather then suddenly remembering her warning and playing possum and therefore totally only surviving because of Lucina.

dingdingding

we HAVE a winner

yas

I'm so smart I should change my badge to Lute

That can't be it. Lucia is an ardent shipper of Elincia/Joffrey

Oh but shipping doesn't work that way. Since we never see Lucia commenting on Ike/Elincia, one can choose to believe Lucia would be fine with it. Almost nothing stops a shipper from making excuses for their ship.

...Did people seriously bring up SHIPPING when debating about my so-called bias?

I'm sorry, but I'm getting sick and tired of everybody throwing shipping into everything I say about topics like this. Yes, I'm a big pairing nut, but that doesn't mean shipping decides my opinions or my preferences outside of the pairings themselves! I never said a WORD about ANY pairings in my post, which should mean pairings have NOTHING to do with why I prefer Lucia to Lucina. Why the hell would they anyway?

Elincia also has nothing to do with why I like Lucia better. I brought up Elincia because I felt like mentioning that I find Lucia enjoyable to write in fanfics and Elincia is present in said fics. That's it.

I mean even if you did like Lucia more because of her association with Elincia, there would be nothing wrong with that, really

Also I chimed in becuse people thought Banzai was accusing you of being biased against Lucina... after you said you disliked everything about her - I mean, how redundant of him that would be

(PS: nothing wrong with biases in general, we aren't discussing gameplay here)

Well, people also pretty much tell me that I'm biased in everything, which isn't true (that's not to say that I'm NEVER biased, however). I also still don't understand what's so wrong with not liking anything about Lucina. I can't find a single thing I like about her. Wearing my favorite color doesn't count, many FE characters wear/have some blue on them.

Edited by Anacybele