So how exactly does one defeat lunatic mode?

IceBrand

-The enemy units are way stronger than your units. They also have better weapons and stats.

- Frederick and Robin are mandatory and even then they'll get out matched by the enemy units.

- Nearly every dies in one hit.

- Force grinding.

- Risens spawn with max stats and haxed weapons.

I know a good player can plan for anything but how am I suppose to do this?

-The enemy units are way stronger than your units. They also have better weapons and stats.

only really earlygame, your units trump them lategame

- Frederick and Robin are mandatory and even then they'll get out matched by the enemy units.

you actually only need one of them, and you can drop them pretty quickly if you're good focusing kills into others

use pairup and tonics

- Force grinding.

nope

you don't need to fight them and i managed a skirmish in it anyway so...

I know a good player can plan for anything but how am I suppose to do this?

get better use a small team, don't play too aggressively, check the lunatic club

This is my second time playing lunatic (the first time I quit at chapter 6 lol) and I'm playing with no avatar(he didn't even level up before I benched him lolz), no fred, no grind, no renown, no dlc, no resetting and on classic. None of what you said is true.

This is only true if "units" refers to every unit you have or have had versus Grima. Weapons and stats doesn't matter because you can expect them to miss half the time, and to suicide on your good units. If your rating is half theirs, you'll still win.

Frederick can solo everything if you want him to. Avatar is absurdly overpowered and the only flaw with him is that he can get so overpowered that he'll eat all your experience when he gets maxed in chapter four. For Fred I assume you mean early game because that's the only time he will be used most of the time. LOOK AT THE ENEMY STATS.

This is true during chapter two and ONLY during chapter two. Besides, grinding is easy with 3487534687% dual guard rate. If you allow resetting, try a chapter until you solo it with a low unit. It's really not that hard. And it only takes one chapter for them to get up to par.

- Force grinding.

I am cheap and don't buy dlc so I have nothing to say about that. Skirmishes are actually quite easy if you only pick one unit and plop them onto a fort, late game and very early game (w/ overleveled Chrom or avatar).

Then beat them with your overpowered units. Weapons don't matter because they miss half the time.

Are we playing the same game potato?

1: Nearly every enemy unit has good stats and weapons to boot. They hit hard and can kill easily.

2: Frederick can't solo everything since hammers and magic exist. Like I said before enemy units are way better than your units nearly all the time.

3: Most of the game even if you played your cards right.

4: I don't want to level up just one unit. Besides fort won't protect you forever.

5: How can I beat them if can't even touch them? Chapter 4 a level 20 General appears on the map with max stats and a silver axe with 23 mt. How can I possible beat that?

I'm asking for some tips and advice on how to beat this mode. I BARELY made it to chapter 5.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

1. I guess they can but so can you. Also they barely hit.

2. Okay where's your proof? And Avatar can solo everything.

3. No... lots of people have done it without Frederick and Avatar.

4. Okay so right now you're at chapter four right? Sorry but at this point you can only have one or two high leveled units. You can train the other guys in like chapter 5 or something. And as far as I know forts don't break. And vulneraries exist.

5. Chrom w/ strength tonic, defence tonic and forged rapier paired up with +def Avatar with thunder/ Fred with anything. And his stats aren't maxed. In my current run I beat a skirmish dude who popped up at chapter five. The enemies had like ONE maxed stat.

Oh ok here are some tips:

- NO FRED!!!!!!!

- Train Avatar or Chrom.

- STRENGTH/DEFNCE TONICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Pair up.

- Meatshields.

Edited by Potato123

Fighter in chapter 1 has an Hammer and mages come around in chapter 3. Also you got one of the weaker risen spawns. Even then most will have B rank weapons that will deal good amount of damage. A level 20 Robin can only take so many forge tomes on a fort before he gives out.

That's what Chrom and Avatar are for. Frederick sucks.

Okay. Well you don't have to fight all the risens if you don't want to. And a level 20 Avatar? I thought you weren't using one unit. Anyways with that you should be fine for like ever.

Solo it with a +Def Avatar.

Pretty much.

I did it, although it doesn't garantee any "fun".

My advice? First of all, take as much time as necessary. Don't exactly grind, but try using very few skirmishes that you can handle (you won't be able to handle these later on, so take adavantage of them), also watch your money when going to skirmishes. In the first two chapters (P & Ch.1), concentrate in an Avatar solo (pair him/her with Frederick for extra Def) and slowly begin feeding kills to your other units (I'm sure Chrom can get at least a level with the Water Trick, and Liz can get like 4-5 with Heal spam & Random tiles). Try limiting your team a bit, don't use a fuckton of units and be sure who you're going to use for the longterm.

Are we playing the same game potato?

1: Nearly every enemy unit has good stats and weapons to boot. They hit hard and can kill easily.

2: Frederick can't solo everything since hammers and magic exist. Like I said before enemy units are way better than your units nearly all the time.

3: Most of the game even if you played your cards right.

4: I don't want to level up just one unit. Besides fort won't protect you forever.

5: How can I beat them if can't even touch them? Chapter 4 a level 20 General appears on the map with max stats and a silver axe with 23 mt. How can I possible beat that?

I'm asking for some tips and advice on how to beat this mode. I BARELY made it to chapter 5.

I'm new here, but have plenty of tips, if they're what you're after...

The main thing to remember about Lunatic(+) is that the first 6-7 chapters are the hardest, because you need to clear them in apparently suboptimal ways to make sure your team can handle the late game. If you do them right, you'll come out with all the tools you need to give whatever unit you want whatever kills you want later on, which is how you get your hands on the right skills to pass down and destroy the latter half of the game with. A few do's and dont's for those chapters:

Do use a Def asset.

Do give every single kill to Avatar bar maybe 3 up until cht.3. He needs them for cht.2, and to be most useful for the next few chapters.

Do try to carry over at least 1,000 renown, the Second Seal, Leif's Blade, and Bullion (L) help a ton.

Do spam the healing bosses with Falchion. They stop giving exp pretty fast, but you can use them to build a ton of Chrom supports which could come in handy later.

Do reclass Avatar to Mercenary at lv.20 for Armsthrift. It helps a ton if you want to kill the risen later. Patience is good too.

Do give him/her the Leif's Blade. It has high crit and causes free money to appear from thin air.

Do fight all the risen you see until you are 100% sure you can't handle them. They're strong, but give tons of exp. Breakers and Superior weapons help tremendously.

Don't have Avatar fight without a pairup. Veteran is incredible.

Don't worry about turn counts. Between cht.5 and 9, Avatar's def will be high enough to hold a choke with a healer behind him/her, which you can abuse to break their weapons and give them to whoever you want. Also, your clerics will get a ton of exp from this. If you reclass Lissa to Troubadour at Lv.10 and promote her to Valkyrie at Lv.20, she can deal heavy chip damage without stealing any prior kills to train on, and get Rally Res which is good against Mages.

Don't forge stuff until you have 100% armsthrift (with a pairup). Forges are expensive and reduce the number of times you can hit the foe, reducing your exp gain. Similarly, don't throw all your cash early on at expensive weapons like Celica's Gale and Spears. They don't last long.

Don't neglect Chrom until cht.13, or he'll ruin Lucina's bases.

You'll know if you did all that right because you'll come out with a ton of cash and the ability to do anything with anyone. Case in point: I fed every kill in cht.12 bar two Bow Knights to my Sumia, who left cht.11 as a Lv.10 Pegasus. She promoted at Lv.20 had Galeforce in time to pass it to Lucina.

If you're very patient and really want to get rid of the risen, pair Avatar up with someone who gives a ton of Avo (I used Swordmaster Olivia) and use Lethality. After enough tries and with the right strategy, they'll go down. Defensive terrain helps a ton.

One does not simply walk into defeat Lunatic mode.

Early Lunatic can easily be soloed by Frederick.

This is not a good idea. Over-using Frederick gets you past earlygame at the expense of training the units that you need for later. The less you use him in early Lunatic, the better.

If you need to "solo "earlygame, do it with a +DEF asset Avatar.

One does not simply walk into defeat Lunatic mode.

This is not a good idea. Over-using Frederick gets you past earlygame at the expense of training the units that you need for later. The less you use him in early Lunatic, the better.

If you need to "solo "earlygame, do it with a +DEF asset Avatar.

This is bullcrap. I used Frederick extensively during my latest run and I also trained Virion (wanted to try him out) Cordelia Stahl Chrom Lucina Avatar(though limited by her -def intentionally) and cherche. My team never suffered from being underleveled ever. Later on I also used Galeforce BowKnight Severa Tiki and Sayri.

This is bullcrap.

For you it might be -- since you compressed your team into the size of a marble, and have prior Lunatic experience -- but as a general rule it's not a good idea to use Frederick to solo earlygame. And it's not even clear that's what you did, since you used him "extensively", which is ambiguously squishy. I'm assuming that you didn't kill everything with Frederick until Cordelia showed up.

I can play Frederick Emblem in Lunatic too, but I'm not going to suggest it in an advice thread, because it's not useful advice.

This is bullcrap. I used Frederick extensively during my latest run and I also trained Virion (wanted to try him out) Cordelia Stahl Chrom Lucina Avatar(though limited by her -def intentionally) and cherche. My team never suffered from being underleveled ever. Later on I also used Galeforce BowKnight Severa Tiki and Sayri.

"I overused Frederick. Oh, and I also used 37277 other units."

Which means you weren't overusing Frederick.

Edited by Chiki

The thing I love about early lunatic is how it's really tactics... you have one unit just a little better than individual enemies, 2 units that are subpar compared to the enemies, and a healer. The thing I love about this is that it revisits the early fire emblem philosophy of...

Ok, how Should I go about this?

get to chapter 5, abuse dlc, and then it's all downhill (meaning easier) from there.

Just because this hasn't been addressed yet and you've mentioned these a few times...toss the avatar's sword on him early game and he can dodge the hammers more reliably, especially if on a fort like in chapter 1. I think it's something like 40% hit rate against the guy in the chapter where Sumia joins (if you send Frederick against him at all). Mind, I didn't beat lunatic. I died about 5 times on the chapter where Tharja joins and gave up.

I was watching some vids Interceptor sent me by PM and, all I can say on the matter is that, if you're skilled enough, anything is possible. I don't think I'll ever attain the kind of skill that player has, lol.