Unnamed Mafia (anon) - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when/if you want to complain about this setup to Manix, try not to get too much on his case (I worry about his emotional health sorry for being gaaaaAy)

I don't mind the setup, but I would have preferred we had advance warning the mod was playing to screw over Town.

eh whatever the setup was semi-bastard and Boron got hosed.

I just summed up the last page or so in ten and a half words.

This was full-on bastard, man. The mod is not a player and has no place using misdirection, baffles and false implications. Any mod that does invariably is hosting a bastard mafia game, because they have enlarged the battle of wits from Town VS Scum to Town VS Scum VS Mod. And that's all right.

But a mod should always warn when their game is bastard, so that players who do not enjoy it can opt out of it. Huh Whatty can probably regale all the tales of my fury and hatred of unannounced bastard mod.

Shut up Poly. I don't even know what that means but just shut up.

Well that was just plain uncalled for.

I do think that you shouldn't have gotten lynched based solely off PoE, though. That seems dumb. Compulsive Tailor isn't too bad of a role IMO, but this game's roles were just plain meh.

4 things, just woke up.

1) Be more civil please. Like seriously, I may have to request a threadlock of it gets any worse.

2) Setup intention was discovered, good job.

3) I don't understand how you identified during the game that "Manix doesn't like rolespec" and then proceed to do it anyway, knowing full well from the false positives from miller that the setup was non-standard.

4) Was the setup bad? Yeah, probably. Did it work? Kinda. Fair to say I'm probably not running anything like it ever again.

Well that was just plain uncalled for.

I do think that you shouldn't have gotten lynched based solely off PoE, though. That seems dumb. Compulsive Tailor isn't too bad of a role IMO, but this game's roles were just plain meh.

And telling me I got hosed when I'm already obviously angry (and at you specifically for breaking NOC) isn't uncalled for?

And telling me I got hosed when I'm already obviously angry (and at you specifically for breaking NOC) isn't uncalled for?

Well I'm not gonna lie and say you didn't get screwed over. I apologized already for being a dumbass about the whole thing so I have literally no idea what else you want me to say about it.

but whatever I'm not arguing about this shit right now because it's pointless because I can't change that now

Edited by Polydeuces

3) I don't understand how you identified during the game that "Manix doesn't like rolespec" and then proceed to do it anyway, knowing full well from the false positives from miller that the setup was non-standard.

I refer to http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44441&page=18#entry2779326'>this post, bullet point 3. When the mod promises a bastard game is "not bastard", players have every right to think the setup is standard and not bastard. You're to blame for that, I feel, since you claimed the setup wasn't bastard. And since you admit the setup's intention was to fuck Town over, you obviously ran a bastard game.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44441&page=18#entry2779326

For some reason the link broke, lel.

Edited by Bard

How about don't single me out? I'm hardly the only person who got screwed over and singling me out for a comment feels like you're taking a jab at me.

And honestly I think I'm going to be mad for a while and I should have let fucking Rapier get modkilled. I will never sub in again. Ever.

How about don't single me out? I'm hardly the only person who got screwed over and singling me out for a comment feels like you're taking a jab at me.

I'm really not. I do feel bad about doing what I did and am merely acknowledging that I fucked up.

And if it seems that I'm singling you out, it's because you got screwed by one specific person's dumbassery, not just general meh play.

Two millers is non-standard but isn't bastard. That's an okay sort of trick to put in to punish town for rolespec. What you did was give the town roles like Jailer or Doctor that are specifically intended to find people as scum or find them as clear and then say that town should have taken the two miller hint and not followed their roles at all.

ALSO i hope bard was confused by people calling hot wheels "hw" too because that baffled me for most of the game

Edited by Professional PantsWrestler

I blame SB for the jailer actually

It was originally a roleblocker and I kinda kicked myself for changing it, o well.

(fun facts; tailor existed to counter scum rolecop in occasional situations. it was originally an infinite shot BP, be glad you didn't get that (scum vengekill is strongman)

also scum had the vengekill apply on the first scum lynched. not terribly sure why I changed that.)

And if it seems that I'm singling you out, it's because you got screwed by one specific person's dumbassery, not just general meh play.

I don't really feel better about being lynched over rolespec. If I screwed up and was being scummy I wouldn't even be mad.

But that I did everything as right as I could possibly do and STILL got lynched because of roles does NOT make me feel better. I didn't play perfectly but if I only got lynched over rolespec then what the fuck. Nope. Does NOT make me feel any better at all.

Edited by Sangyul

Yeah well the amount of rolespec in this game was so ridiculous that I'm actually glad I rolled Vanilla/Goon for once, so don't feel too bad about it.

It's just an issue with how the setup was executed.

I blame SB for the jailer actually

It was originally a roleblocker and I kinda kicked myself for changing it, o well.

(fun facts; tailor existed to counter scum rolecop in occasional situations. it was originally an infinite shot BP, be glad you didn't get that (scum vengekill is strongman)

also scum had the vengekill apply on the first scum lynched. not terribly sure why I changed that.)

Because scum Vengekill is even further bastard?

Town's objective:

Lynch scum.

Scum's power:

Punish Town for lynching scum.

I mean, what? That's literally a role designed around punishing Town for doing something right.

@Huh Whatty: No, I wasn't confused a single time. I know you like to be called "Prims" here even though that's so incredibly girly like you would not believe.

I know you like to be called "Prims" here even though that's so incredibly girly like you would not believe.

It's from SSBB's (abysmal) story mode. Primids emot-colbert.gif

Later I discovered IIDX and regretted ever picking that name.

I see the vengekill less as punishing town and more as a countermeasure toward slippery slope from scum losing mislynches due to no nightkill.

Again. I do not know how I am not supposed to feel bad.

Worse yet is that town virtually ignored Bard and my vote on Prims from the last phase and just tried to kill Bard. And no. Even if I didn't self hammer there is no reason for Refa to vote Prims over me.

I used the name Primid when SSBB came out because :hype:, then had to shorten it due to the 5 character limit for names on its incredibly laggy wifi.

It's not a particularly interesting story.