What is the best skill to combine with Ike's Aether?

What skills should I have for fighting the Black Knight?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What skills should I have for fighting the Black Knight?

• Aether and Miracle.
    • Wrath and Adept.
    • Another choice that you'll post below.
    • I have so much pride that I'm going to tell you that the skills aren't for men.
    • I hate your guts, Roy and I hope the reinforcements kill Mist and then the Black Knight criticals your Ike.

a real man fights the black knight with wrath/resolve

ignoring that resolve isn't available for the BK fight

Adept+Wrath is pretty good. Aether isn't bad by itself since usually once you get one off it's over but you can get bad luck with it. I don't know if Provoke is useful to get the reinforcements to attack you instead of healing him or not.

i totally knew that what are you talking about

definitely wasn't remembering berserk ashnard or anything

to amend my earlier statement a real man does it with a capped STR ike and no skills at all

Edited by CT075

i totally knew that what are you talking about

definitely wasn't remembering berserk ashnard or anything

to amend my earlier statement a real man does it with a capped STR ike and no skills at all

Totally not hacked.

So it is possible to solo him with Aether and Miracle? I need to cap Ike's str, spd, skl, and def, though, right?

I don't know what else you can put on there besides Miracle that would be compatible with Aether when it comes to skill points in that situation.

Usually you do need to max out Ike as much as possible... one of the most important being speed so that you don't get doubled.

you can solo the BK with no skills if ike has capped str, doesn't get doubled and never misses (he does 9 damage per hit, BK heals 6 every enemy phase for a total of 12 damage per turn: you get 5 turns, which is exactly 60 HP)

you also have to pray for no interference from the reinforcements, i usually use mist for this purpose

if you proc aether ever that lessens the requirement

EDIT

ok i completely neglected to calculate ike's odds of surviving so you probably want capped def too

Edited by CT075